Weighed the Murci

Gandalf the gray

There's a lumber mill close to where I live so I swung by. The car has 1/4 tank of gas and no driver. This 2002 is converted to RWD and has secondary and exhaust delete.

3760 lbs

20141011_162706_zpsirxgq2zw.jpg

Also, in case people don't see the Dyno forum thread, I dyno'd the car on a DynoJet Dyno.

475 RWHP & 425 RWTQ

20141011_150603_zpslghnx3gt.jpg

There's a lumber mill close to where I live so I swung by. The car has 1/4 tank of gas and no driver. This 2002 is converted to RWD and has secondary and exhaust delete.

3760 lbs

20141011_162706_zpsirxgq2zw.jpg

Also, in case people don't see the Dyno forum thread, I dyno'd the car on a DynoJet Dyno.

475 RWHP & 425 RWTQ

20141011_150603_zpslghnx3gt.jpg

Awesome to see how much it weighs. My initial instinct the second i got in my 2001 6.0 was that the 6.0 was lighter by a couple hundred pounds. I will try and get the RWD conversion done and get it weighed. Then I'll know exactly the diff between the two.

475rwhp, say you loss about 15% along the drivetrain(rwd), that should give you about 546hp? Stock is 580hp? Am I missing something here plus you got the cats .

475rwhp, say you loss about 15% along the drivetrain(rwd), that should give you about 546hp? Stock is 580hp? Am I missing something here plus you got the cats .

15% loss with 475 RWHP (475/85x100) would give you 559 at the crank, add back loss is due to alternator, water pump and hydraulic pumps and you are probably very close to 580.

Sam, I think your being a little optimistic at 15%. Generally driveline loss in a RWD car is factored at 18%. My car is only rated at 571 HP from the factory which at 15% would yield about 485 RWHP, so not off by much. Also as YelloMurci pointed out the 571 crank rating may have been done with no accessories being driven.

Now if we run these numbers at 18% loss then my 475 RWHP equates to 580 crank. As a point of reference, JonV8944S dyno'd his low mile 06 Murci in RWD with exhaust mods and tune and made 471 RWHP. His stock numbers were 450 RWHP. I am running a heavy 3 piece 20" wheel with 345 tires, I'm not sure if that has any effect or not but I'd say the car is doing pretty good!

Sam, I think your being a little optimistic at 15%. Generally driveline loss in a RWD car is factored at 18%. My car is only rated at 571 HP from the factory which at 15% would yield about 485 RWHP, so not off by much. Also as YelloMurci pointed out the 571 crank rating may have been done with no accessories being driven.

Now if we run these numbers at 18% loss then my 475 RWHP equates to 580 crank. As a point of reference, JonV8944S dyno'd his low mile 06 Murci in RWD with exhaust mods and tune and made 471 RWHP. His stock numbers were 450 RWHP. I am running a heavy 3 piece 20" wheel with 345 tires, I'm not sure if that has any effect or not but I'd say the car is doing pretty good!

Yes totally agreed you are doing good. I don't know what gave me the idea of 15%. I'm learning everyday. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing the weight! I have wondered what the weight would be as the dry weight is suppose to be 3650. I was assuming 3850 was the all in weight but I guess not. If I am pushing 4000 lbs with stock 4wd and exhaust that is a bit crazy.