First impressions

stormbringer

Hi all

So I got my new ship a couple of weeks ago:

upload.jpg

A few first impressions:

-The car is a lot roomier than my former Gallardo Spyder

-I love the instrument system, it really does look futuristic

-Parking sensors are great but you have to remember to turn them on if you need them but are not in reverse, they're not proximity activated

-I haven't been able to get an ipod to work with the multimedia system - only a USB and 30 pin cable were included, and lightning cable or adaptor don't work

I'll probably have to get the Audi lightning cable

-The instructions as to where to connect the cable are erroneous, it connects to the armrest, not the glovebox

-The (internal) sound system sounds great. The external does of course as well...

-Most of my driving was in the rain, so no flat out acceleration tests but car felt great in all conditions

-In automatic mode the car upshifts _very_ early, I was in 7th at 40 mph. The car defaults to auto on start, I switched to manual after the first drive.

-I got the dynamic steering and was worried that it would feel mushy, but it feels better than the one's before

-The DCT doesn't blip on downshift, you just end up at higher revs. Very smooth tut totally different experience

-The suspension is pretty stiff in Strada mode. In Corsa you feel everything

Overall the car is fantastic, I think Lambo did a phenomenal job with it.

It's a first time I see it in silver. And it looks great!

Congrats big time!

Post more thoughts after driving the beast.

Nicely spec'd car. Welcome to LP. You will find it a great resource here and you will no doubt be teaching us too!

• 3 weeks later...
Nicely spec'd car. Welcome to LP. You will find it a great resource here and you will no doubt be teaching us too!

Thank you very much! LP is a great community and I'm excited to be a part of it. I'll definitely have some more things to say about the car.

Looks mean in silver congrats! I'm surprised that the downshift with the DCT does REV match it. I had an M3 that the REV matching was one of my favorite things about the car. Made it sound pissed!

I am also surprised because my car rev matches when you downshift, yesterday I downshifted in Corsa at the lights and it startled few motorists, they didn't look to happy initially but soon after the angry looks turned into thumbs up, perhaps stormbringer was in Strada in Auto, it changes very fast and the rev matching isn't as noticeable.

Hi all

More impressions:

-The car is definitely noticeable and I've gotten some great comments from people walking by. The most memorable was 'it looks like a spaceship' (which is true). One person asked if it was an Aventador. It definitely provides street theater.

-I love the fact it has no gas tank cap, the flap seals the filler opening. On my Gallardo and earlier cars I felt I needed to check that I didn't leave the cap on the top of the pump. On this one there is nothing to remove and forget

-I got the ipod connector to work just fine. You have to select source and ignore the screen that says that nothing is found. A bit of programming I'm sure would fix that.

-I finally got a chance to test acceleration a bit more in the dry. It is pretty epic above 4k revs

-The option I agonized most about was the variable steering - the purists have written they hate it and I was worried that it would feel mushy. I'm pleased to report that it feels _excellent_. The low speed additional wheel turn is very helpful in parking garages. In all conditions the amount of feel is great, and there is a lot more than there was in my old trusty G.

-I drive in manual mode in Strada most of the time. In Corsa mode the suspension hardens to concrete and your fillings slowly loosen and fall out on any road other than brand new blacktop. The steering tightens measurably. It's unfortunate that you can't get Corsa steering with Strada suspension. The ANIMA modes definitely feel different from each other

-The car is not as loud to drive as the G. I think it is because there's no ostentatious blipping on downshifts. Instead of the clank-brap-thunk of the G's transmission this just puts you into the desired gear.

-I love the amount of customization of the displays and that you can use metric units if you are so inclined

-The 20 inch rims have presence and in the rear they almost look like they are on a crossover type car

-I think the luggage section has even less space than the G's. My car cover uses up every cubic centimeter of it

-The hexagon motif in the design is gorgeous. You can look at the interior or exterior for minutes and find new little details constantly.

The best way I can think of so far to describe the overall feel of the car is 'electric.' I don't mean that in the sense of an electric car like a Tesla but more like what I imagine why its pilots called the F-16 the Electric Jet - there's plenty of feel in the controls but you get the sense that the computers are there helping you and you are more capable because of them. The beautiful cockpit displays, especially at night, reinforce that feeling.

Looks mean in silver congrats! I'm surprised that the downshift with the DCT does REV match it. I had an M3 that the REV matching was one of my favorite things about the car. Made it sound pissed!

Hi

My G definitely sounded angry on downshift, perhaps it overblipped to allow the revs to fall a k between to give the transmission time to slot into gear. On this one it matches but I feel it just sort of instantly ends up in the new gear. Definitely not a snarl.

-sb

I am also surprised because my car rev matches when you downshift, yesterday I downshifted in Corsa at the lights and it startled few motorists, they didn't look to happy initially but soon after the angry looks turned into thumbs up, perhaps stormbringer was in Strada in Auto, it changes very fast and the rev matching isn't as noticeable.

Hi

You're right, I'm in Strada most of the time (but always in manual), maybe it's designed not to overrun as much. I'll try Corsa next time. As mentioned in the other post, I do worry about my dental work in Corsa, the dampers just check out (but feel for the road is awesome).

-sb

Hi

You're right, I'm in Strada most of the time (but always in manual), maybe it's designed not to overrun as much. I'll try Corsa next time. As mentioned in the other post, I do worry about my dental work in Corsa, the dampers just check out (but feel for the road is awesome).

-sb

Try it in Corsa and downshift all the way to 1st, please come back and report :icon_mrgreen:

In relation to the damping, I am driving in Corsa most of the time, maybe the roads are smoother here because I am not finding the setting that harsh, yesterday I drove in Strada Auto and I noticed how awesome the engine itself sounded in the cabin when it wasn't muffled by the sound of the exhaust in Corsa, it sounded so great I think I will use Strada a bit more.

You are right about the dynamic steering, I went through the same motions prior experiencing the car for myself, what a nonsense complaint.

Hi

My G definitely sounded angry on downshift, perhaps it overblipped to allow the revs to fall a k between to give the transmission time to slot into gear. On this one it matches but I feel it just sort of instantly ends up in the new gear. Definitely not a snarl.

-sb

I see what you mean, and it makes sense what Fortis said.