2002 Murci V-Box

Gandalf the gray

Had some pretty nice weather here last weekend so I got a hold of a V-Box and did a couple runs. I wasn't out to break any records but rather just for fun. I ran 12.7 @ 117.7 mph in a quarter mile. This was with no tire spin launch, just rolled out and punched it. I ran 60 - 130 in 11.0 seconds. That was with one shift starting in third. I read that people get 9.xx 60 - 130 with these cars so maybe they're starting in second?

I'm certainly no racecar driver either so I'm sure Fikse or VBug King could likely do much better. Just thought I'd share my numbers for anyone who may be interested. I only made one try at each.

Had some pretty nice weather here last weekend so I got a hold of a V-Box and did a couple runs. I wasn't out to break any records but rather just for fun. I ran 12.7 @ 117.7 mph in a quarter mile. This was with no tire spin launch, just rolled out and punched it. I ran 60 - 130 in 11.0 seconds. That was with one shift starting in third. I read that people get 9.xx 60 - 130 with these cars so maybe they're starting in second?

I'm certainly no racecar driver either so I'm sure Fikse or VBug King could likely do much better. Just thought I'd share my numbers for anyone who may be interested. I only made one try at each.

It is amazing how much can come into trying to run good times.. That is a good starting point.. You would want to do multiple runs of each to get a better idea.. try different gears like you mentioned. Also changing some tire pressures could make a big difference.

I would say those huge aftermarket wheels probably don't help the car be quicker by any means..

For sure need to start in 2nd gear...

Amazing how fast vehicles have gotten nowadays. I bet with a better starting gear and lowering tire pressure you will get a lot better times. Allan, what year is your Murcielago?