SV for sale

SAMLAMBO

$589K...with the big wing installation thrown in...I keep the small wing off of the car.

In all honesty Roy, if I was living in the US and knew you had a buyer at $589k, I would have offered you $600k for this SV.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I took a long hard look at it too, the small wing would have stayed on it for me.

I still prefer the big wing, personally I feel it goes better with the SV, just my opinion

It absolutely can't be impossible to convert an egear SV to shift manually. I also could say if i were in the market for a manual SV, i wouldn't discount it too too much from an original manual car. Can Sam/Roy others elaborate?

It absolutely can't be impossible to convert an egear SV to shift manually. I also could say if i were in the market for a manual SV, i wouldn't discount it too too much from an original manual car. Can Sam/Roy others elaborate?

I remember reading somewhere here that it can be done but will set you back like US$40-50k or was it 20k or something. Not sure of the factory would do it though.

I remember reading somewhere here that it can be done but will set you back like US$40-50k or was it 20k or something. Not sure of the factory would do it though.

DWiggs did it to his SV TT.

Factory will NOT do it. I even enquired about it before I found my manual SV.

A non standard SV, would be a major hit on value in my eyes; let alone smthg drastic like if it was converted from e-gear to manual!

A non standard SV, would be a major hit on value in my eyes; let alone smthg drastic like if it was converted from e-gear to manual!

Than I must have read abt something else.

So when we exchanging rides ? 😬

In my view as long as you use original manual SV parts, I don't see the difference. Miuras were modified, Diablo jota kits produced and mounted by dealers.

Important is to have fun with the manual and third pedal)).

In my view as long as you use original manual SV parts, I don't see the difference. Miuras were modified, Diablo jota kits produced and mounted by dealers.

Thats true but than will it be recognized/acknowledged by the factory that it is a manual after the conversion?

Its not the same at all. Atleast not in my view. To take an american view, I give you two words "numbers matching". Additionally, upgrading the engine to a Jota, using an official Lamborghini upgrade kit, done by the factory or official dealer is different to having some random workshop changing your GEARBOX to be a manual instead of the E-Gear. With modern exotic cars, its definitely all about originality.

Thats true but than will it be recognized/acknowledged by the factory that it is a manual after the conversion?

No chance. You think ze Germans would be that flexible?

Just to show that even for the old Miura conversions, how important it is that it was factory done:

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1072238

"CHASSIS NUMBER 4892: A TRUE FACTORY SVJ CONVERSION

Prior to its conversion to Jota specifications, chassis number 4892 was constructed by the factory in July 1971 as a Miura SV that was finished in white with a blue interior. The car remained in Italy and was sold new to a Dr. Alcide, of Rome. It is not known when the conversion was done precisely, but a letter issued by Lamborghini in 1974 listed it as a “P400 Miura SV Mod. Jota” at that time, which confirms that the conversion was done within three years following its production."

Its not the same at all. Atleast not in my view. To take an american view, I give you two words "numbers matching". Additionally, upgrading the engine to a Jota, using an official Lamborghini upgrade kit, done by the factory or official dealer is different to having some random workshop changing your GEARBOX to be a manual instead of the E-Gear. With modern exotic cars, its definitely all about originality.

No chance. You think ze Germans would be that flexible?

Just to show that even for the old Miura conversions, how important it is that it was factory done:

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1072238

"CHASSIS NUMBER 4892: A TRUE FACTORY SVJ CONVERSION

Prior to its conversion to Jota specifications, chassis number 4892 was constructed by the factory in July 1971 as a Miura SV that was finished in white with a blue interior. The car remained in Italy and was sold new to a Dr. Alcide, of Rome. It is not known when the conversion was done precisely, but a letter issued by Lamborghini in 1974 listed it as a “P400 Miura SV Mod. Jota” at that time, which confirms that the conversion was done within three years following its production."

I must say I have to agree with you. Original is original and especially with these cars

So when we exchanging our SV's? :icon_mrgreen:

I must say I have to agree with you. Original is original and especially with these cars

So when we exchanging our SV's? :icon_mrgreen:

Hehe. ;)

Actually E Gear means automated manual))

You take a manual and habe an electro-hydraulic movement of the clutch.

Thank you for that explanation. That is very helpful. I never knew that. I thought there was a Leprechaun who magically changed gears whenever the paddles were clicked. :)

I'm not criticising the E-Gear. I am just saying that I prefer an fully original collectors car rather than a tuned or highly modified one, which is attempting to be something else. I would prefer an E-Gear SV over one that has been modified to become a manual.

It is why 90% of tuned cars lose a massive chunk of their values; as my heavily tuned ZR1 did.

Hehe. ;)

Thank you for that explanation. That is very helpful. I never knew that. I thought there was a Leprechaun who magically changed gears whenever the paddles were clicked. :)

I'm not criticising the E-Gear. I am just saying that I prefer an fully original collectors car rather than a tuned or highly modified one, which is attempting to be something else. I would prefer an E-Gear SV over one that has been modified to become a manual.

It is why 90% of tuned cars lose a massive chunk of their values; as my heavily tuned ZR1 did.

I have to agree with you on having an original e-gear than one which is converted into a manual outside the factory.

:iamwithstupid: