My App is now live..kicking off 2015 with a bang!

Griza

I would definitely suggest having the picture you post not resize on the feed. You can't see the entire picture unless you click on it. Also having the animated gifs would be awesome!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What, you mean like LP? :lol2:

:lol2: this isn't social media this is my home.

Social media is when I have to read what all my relatives and friends had for dinner the night before and what caused them indigestion.

Add me @spr1te

Since I'm banned from Facebook and Instagram I can finally be back on social media lol. Is there a privacy setting somewhere so the full name doesn't show up in Find Friends or a way to change last name?

Edit: Nm found it.

One thing I would add that Instagram does that was a key to their success IMO is that they start the upload process in the background as soon as a photo is selected without the users knowing, so that by the time they finish writing their description/hashtags the photo is already uploaded. It provides for a much snappier UI experience.

I'm also curious what technologies you guys are using in the background to solve the 'Justin Bieber' problem [user with million+ followers]. Updating the content for all followers in close to realtime if someone has a huge following is an interesting and not easily solved problem as you want to pre calculate it so you don't have to do something like SELECT * FROM media WHERE follow_id IN current_user.followers. Normally you would want a background task at publish time to add the item's to each users stack of feed items in an in memory store such as REDIS, so I'm curious what approach you guys went with.

Am I the only one who receives push notifications when I receive a Follow Request? I disabled it in settings but my phone still notifies me. I'm using Android; Note 3

One thing I would add that Instagram does that was a key to their success IMO is that they start the upload process in the background as soon as a photo is selected without the users knowing, so that by the time they finish writing their description/hashtags the photo is already uploaded. It provides for a much snappier UI experience.

I'm also curious what technologies you guys are using in the background to solve the 'Justin Bieber' problem [user with million+ followers]. Updating the content for all followers in close to realtime if someone has a huge following is an interesting and not easily solved problem as you want to pre calculate it so you don't have to do something like SELECT * FROM media WHERE follow_id IN current_user.followers. Normally you would want a background task at publish time to add the item's to each users stack of feed items in an in memory store such as REDIS, so I'm curious what approach you guys went with.

Sorry for the late response. I will bring everyone's suggestions to our meetings to update the app as much as we can. In all honesty Sprite, this would be a question for the tech team as I really am not fully educated in the inner workings of the technology. I will do my best to find out for you though. Great pic you posted brother!