light weight battery options for murci 2009 roadsters?

carloz

Likely just a re-branded Deka battery.

I ran one in my Viper and while it did the job of starting the car, you literally could not have ANY accessories on with the car off otherwise the battery would be dead. I used it for about 6 months before it was too much of a PITA. I would assume the same for the Murci.

Deka 734MF battery is about 20lbs lighter than other batteries of 800+CCA

with the lightweight battery installed and with the car running, can I use the radio, headlights etc just as a normal battery or is it too small of a battery to get all those to work?

Likely just a re-branded Deka battery.

I ran one in my Viper and while it did the job of starting the car, you literally could not have ANY accessories on with the car off otherwise the battery would be dead. I used it for about 6 months before it was too much of a PITA. I would assume the same for the Murci.

Deka 734MF battery is about 20lbs lighter than other batteries of 800+CCA

Once the car is running the battery should be fine.

Honestly though, dropping 20lbs from the middle of a 3800lb non-race car, isn't going to be worth it for when you're stranded with a dead battery.

Get an aftermarket muffer & secondary cat delete exhaust; remove the muffler heat shield and remove the front trunk divider. That's good for 120lbs off the car. You can lose another 150lbs going 2WD.

Once the car is running the battery should be fine.

Honestly though, dropping 20lbs from the middle of a 3800lb non-race car, isn't going to be worth it for when you're stranded with a dead battery.

Get an aftermarket muffer & secondary cat delete exhaust; remove the muffler heat shield and remove the front trunk divider. That's good for 120lbs off the car. You can lose another 150lbs going 2WD.

:iamwithstupid:

There are lithium options from Braille but as whiteout said, most are best for track cars where battery duty is simply to start the car. Also if your car is egear and there is a voltage drop it won't shift properly.

Don't fcuk around with the battery. From egear issues , door lock issues, starter , alternator issues to computer issues you will not be happy with what a low or weak battery will do to the systems in your car .

This is why it's best to keep it plugged in at all times to keep the battery topped up too

Okay will leave battery alone. What about this secondary CAT Delete options, where does one get the parts from and is their DIY install instructions i.e. does the entire bonnet be removed, rear bumper I assume does. I looked into Larini, trying to see which will get me close to F1 sound

Don't fcuk around with the battery. From egear issues , door lock issues, starter , alternator issues to computer issues you will not be happy with what a low or weak battery will do to the systems in your car .

This is why it's best to keep it plugged in at all times to keep the battery topped up too

I used to have a Braille batt for my older Murcie, saved like 10kgs plus minus but I had to have a custom bracket fabricated to lock it in place. However if I didn't start it every 2-3 days, it would die on me.

I have a 21lb Braile Battery in my Gallardo. It runs good but only lasts a couple days without a battery tender on it. Not a big deal for me as I may leave mine for 1-2 days without a charger but more then that and its at home or being driven.

thanks for the exhaust write-up link that looks like the better project at this point. Any recommendations on which Secondary Bypass I should go with, I would like lightweight, something good and I'm between larine exhaust with remote valve control OR Capristo with remote control.

I currently have capristo stage 3 with remote on my Ferrari and it sounds bad ass but that's an 8 cyl car. help me decide:).