Looking to buy sub enclosure or anyone who may have dimensions??

DiabloChad42

Hey guys looking to put a 10" sub behind pass seat. Removed changer and was about to take panel to local stereo shop to have enclosure fabricated. Wanted to check and see if anyone has one for sale or maybe a skematic? Thx!

Hey guys looking to put a 10" sub behind pass seat. Removed changer and was about to take panel to local stereo shop to have enclosure fabricated. Wanted to check and see if anyone has one for sale or maybe a skematic? Thx!

So tonight I wasted 2 hours in the garage and went through 2 cardboard boxes trying to mock up something to take to a stereo shop. No luck. I suck at this kind of stuff. Does anyone on here know anyone who can help? Need .7 cubic feet for the 10" to work properly

Chad, look up Infamous on the user list and PM him.... he`s made tons of Murci and Roadster sub boxes.

Already did that...he said he doesn't have any right now and didn't really elaborate beyond that. I asked him if I could purchase a skematic and he never responded. I need something around .5-.7 cubic feet.

Already did that...he said he doesn't have any right now and didn't really elaborate beyond that. I asked him if I could purchase a skematic and he never responded. I need something around .5-.7 cubic feet.

pretty easy to make honestly.. or go to a local audio shop.. 2-3 hours labor should be done.

pretty easy to make honestly.. or go to a local audio shop.. 2-3 hours labor should be done.

Hey man if you think it's easy I would love to get the dimensions you used? I have mocked up several boxes and car barely get .3 cubic feet of space let alone .5-.7. Do you have something you can send me?

Check your PMs. I never got a PM about buying a schematic.. LOL But just to elaborate it does not work that way. I don't have any boxes right now bc I would use my personal car to make the boxes and then sell them. I don't have the LP640 anymore, so unless I get a donor car I can't do it right now. And 2 - 3 hours in labor for the box is no where near accurate. All combined it takes a solid day of labor to make the box. Its split over 3 days tho as you have to wait for fiberglass to cure and such...

If there is anyone in the NY/NJ area with a coupe and willing to let me use their car as a donor car I will let them have one of the boxes I make off it..

See Infamous is pure class and as far as I know one of the very few ppl that actually have made sub enclosures for these cars. If it's egear your trans ecu and everything is there so it's not a simple job at all.

Hey man if you think it's easy I would love to get the dimensions you used? I have mocked up several boxes and car barely get .3 cubic feet of space let alone .5-.7. Do you have something you can send me?

I don't have specifics.. I used to do it for a living though.

I would use thinner MDF board on the backside and use fiberglass on the front side. A trick it so stretch a t-shirt or cotton material wherever you want it. then fiberglass resin the t-shirt. Once you do that you can start adding fiberglass to it and fiberglass resin the MDF as well you can cut out a ring for the sub to fit in and fiberglass it in.. This is the easiest way to make a box bigger than it normally is and use up space you can't use up with just making a box out of wood. Then you have a perfectly sealed encolsure. You can cover it in carpet, or leather/vinyl.. or whatever else you can think of.

As well, I am not sure if they still make an 8" woofer or not, but I wouldn't be opposed to an 8" woofer in a car like these. Get one good for the correct size and put a ton of power to it. the kick would be intense, just not as deep of a note.. But a 10" is probably the preferred size.

Check your PMs. I never got a PM about buying a schematic.. LOL But just to elaborate it does not work that way. I don't have any boxes right now bc I would use my personal car to make the boxes and then sell them. I don't have the LP640 anymore, so unless I get a donor car I can't do it right now. And 2 - 3 hours in labor for the box is no where near accurate. All combined it takes a solid day of labor to make the box. Its split over 3 days tho as you have to wait for fiberglass to cure and such...

If there is anyone in the NY/NJ area with a coupe and willing to let me use their car as a donor car I will let them have one of the boxes I make off it..

yeah, you are right.. I was a little off.. A good 8 hours total labor is probably more spot on. I fiber glassed a 10" woofer in a rear compartment in an f150 pickup one time in about 4 hours.. sounded killer.

yeah, you are right.. I was a little off.. A good 8 hours total labor is probably more spot on. I fiber glassed a 10" woofer in a rear compartment in an f150 pickup one time in about 4 hours.. sounded killer.

The problem with the Murci is you really can't use wood for the back of the box bc there are computers and some fuses there. So you need to tuck everything neatly, mask it all off, and then lay the glass down so you can squeeze as much air space as possible. Here is a photo of the last one I did for someone.

10301433_816595128401278_1496894151161036155_n.jpg

The problem with the Murci is you really can't use wood for the back of the box bc there are computers and some fuses there. So you need to tuck everything neatly, mask it all off, and then lay the glass down so you can squeeze as much air space as possible. Here is a photo of the last one I did for someone.

post-7310-1423095144.jpg

Nice

All good point guys. To comment back on a few I actually contacted the shop in the blog who made the sub box. Place is out of Colorado. The guy who made the box is no longer there. I wish I had the ability to trust a shop to lay the fiberglass but there isnt anyone around and I'm not leaving my car overnight. Had no choice but to buy mdf and make the box. I can basically get a tad over .34 cubic feet from a box. Was gonna just pack polyfill in it and hope for the best. Making an exact copy of the cover and wrapping in leather so it should look nice. Was the best solution I could come up with. Someone mentioned this too...it's an egear so there's a ton of sh*t in the bulkhead....harnesses...wires...fuses. Didn't want to permananetly block any of that stuff. In the end let's face it...whatever it sounds like...it's gotta be better than factory!!!

Where do you live?