Full Carbon Reiter Extenso R-Ex

AudiBull

I say if you are going that far, why not make it look more sesto like.

I think they had to keep it looking more or less like the Gallardo LP600 GT3 model to avoid running into trouble with the FIA.

I know Reiter went as far as possible on the width of this car, they are right at the limit.

Some more information and photos : Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX

I don't believe it is 2590lbs one bit. I'm sure it is light but that may be the weight DRY. Maybe around 3000lbs-3100lbs is more realistic.

That is like saying the LP570 is under 3000lbs as some people claim but when you put it on scales its in the 3500-3600lb range.

I have 100% carbon front bumper, rear bumper, front fenders, rear fenders, hatch, wing, side skirts, seats, steering wheel, etc... and I'm at 3500lbs full of fuel.

I don't believe it is 2590lbs one bit. I'm sure it is light but that may be the weight DRY. Maybe around 3000lbs-3100lbs is more realistic.

That is like saying the LP570 is under 3000lbs as some people claim but when you put it on scales its in the 3500-3600lb range.

I have 100% carbon front bumper, rear bumper, front fenders, rear fenders, hatch, wing, side skirts, seats, steering wheel, etc... and I'm at 3500lbs full of fuel.

price of the kit?

• 3 months later...
Damn that's so awesome, paging Scud!!

yes mate I'm here. here's mine being built, now finished.

One of my regular co-drivers Dave Russell went to red bull ring and did alright in one.

http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/artikel/t...gallardo-213491

Now another driver Steve Owen will pair with Dave next weekend at Spa for the next round of ADAC.

then Craig Lowndes arrives Tuesday 23rd June to join the other 2 lads for the test day at Spa in my Lambo, then we all go back in July to race together in the Spa24hr race.

post-4435-1434019732.jpg

I don't believe it is 2590lbs one bit. I'm sure it is light but that may be the weight DRY.

that weight is correct and without fuel. why would you advertise the weight with fuel?

makes no sense especially with BOP rules being applied.

lots of lighter parts in the race car from the road car, and not just carbon stuff.

yes mate I'm here. here's mine being built, now finished.

One of my regular co-drivers Dave Russell went to red bull ring and did alright in one.

http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/artikel/t...gallardo-213491

Now another driver Steve Owen will pair with Dave next weekend at Spa for the next round of ADAC.

then Craig Lowndes arrives Tuesday 23rd June to join the other 2 lads for the test day at Spa in my Lambo, then we all go back in July to race together in the Spa24hr race.

Living the dream mate! :icon_super:

that weight is correct and without fuel. why would you advertise the weight with fuel?

makes no sense especially with BOP rules being applied.

lots of lighter parts in the race car from the road car, and not just carbon stuff.

Well for one the title of the thread says "FULL WEIGHT 2590lbs" I just didn't want anyone confused thinking this was possible. Once you add fuel and fluids, it gets heavier, I'm not sure how much here but if it can come in around 2850lbs "FULL WEIGHT" without driver then that would be impressive.

I think the car looks great by the way and sounds great, it's just misinformation on the internet that people run with.

Well for one the title of the thread says "FULL WEIGHT 2590lbs" I just didn't want anyone confused thinking this was possible. Once you add fuel and fluids, it gets heavier, I'm not sure how much here but if it can come in around 2850lbs "FULL WEIGHT" without driver then that would be impressive.

I think the car looks great by the way and sounds great, it's just misinformation on the internet that people run with.

...and that was my fault. By full I meant total, not wet. Should have said dry. I realized it after posting, but the hour edit limit had already passed. The back and forth was entertaining though. :icon_mrgreen:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
...and that was my fault. By full I meant total, not wet. Should have said dry. I realized it after posting, but the hour edit limit had already passed. The back and forth was entertaining though. :icon_mrgreen:

My understanding is car weights are always dry weights. Otherwise comparison would be difficult. One car has 7 quarts of oil, another 10; One has 30 gallon gas tank another 20. Gas is 7 pounds a gallon. Our wives tell us their weight and you know that's naked (even though we never see them that way!), and nothing to eat for a week! It's all part of marketing and it's OK.