Huracan 30 series tires. Nightmare on East Coast roads

Sal

The sidewall on the front tires is 2.89". This is a nightmare tire popping problem on the east coast for a daily driver. It sucks having to watch for every rut in the road. Takes the fun out of driving.

Need options help. I'd like a 35 series front tire which usually have approx 3.5' sidewall, like the front 19's on my Aventador.??? Never had a problem driving the Aventador. What is the allowable + and - ratio difference between front and rear tire diameter on the AWD Huracan??? I do not want to mess up the transmission. The stock tire wheel diameters are 25.8" front and 27.2" rear.

I know I can change to an aftermarket rim using 19's in the front and 20's in the rear and keep the exact same tire diameters as the stock 20's. But I don't feel like spending 12 thousand on wheels and tires at this time.

Does anyone know what size tires would not affect the transmission. There's got to be some allowable wheel diameter ratio difference. Someone in Lambo-land has to know the answer.

I don't feel like moving to another state or driving around with a flat bed following me.

Please help.

Wouldn't play with tire sizes too much on Lambos... you could try a smaller rim assuming it works with the brakes. Main thing is keep the diameter ratio between front and back the same. Tire rack shows physical dimension for outside diameter of each tire. Even between different brands / same size there are differences. Good luck

Get an SUV until the better weather comes and they can fix the roads ;) Seriously, between last winter and this winter, I went through 11 tires and 3 rims on my CLS. The roads here in NY are a f'ing disaster.

Get an SUV until the better weather comes and they can fix the roads ;) Seriously, between last winter and this winter, I went through 11 tires and 3 rims on my CLS. The roads here in NY are a f'ing disaster.

I have 2 SUV's and 2 other cars.. That's not the issue. I'd really like to drive this car and not have to be paranoid.. What's the sense of having the car if I can't have peace of mind..

Wouldn't play with tire sizes too much on Lambos... you could try a smaller rim assuming it works with the brakes. Main thing is keep the diameter ratio between front and back the same. Tire rack shows physical dimension for outside diameter of each tire. Even between different brands / same size there are differences. Good luck

It can't be that critical.

There has to be a safe ratio calculation.. The Aventador comes with 2 optional wheels. Standard 19 and 20's or Dione wheels which are 20 and 21's.

Plus guys on this site are already putting 20's and 21's on the Huracan's.. Just for an example

All I know is in Gallardos and Murcis if you weren't careful you were buying diffs. I don't know if the new Huracan awd has more give in variations. Best ask someone like JeffLambo..... New York does have some terrible roads... deep, sharp pot holes

245/35 R19 are the exact same diameter. 235/35 R19 is still acceptable. But 245/35 R19 would be perfect. P Zero are available in that size.

Make sure though, that the 19s in front have enough clearance for the brakes

245/35 R19 are the exact same diameter. 235/35 R19 is still acceptable. But 245/35 R19 would be perfect. P Zero are available in that size.

Make sure though, that the 19s in front have enough clearance for the brakes

I agree with you and I appreciate your reply. But like I said in my post above I'd prefer not spending 12 thousand on wheels and tires at this time...

i like to work with the 20 inch wheels that came with the car. There has to be a way to accomplish this.....

You expected to DD it on the east coast during this time of year? Really?

No... Not now but it takes these morons about 3 months to fix most but not even all of the potholes.

The sidewall on the front tires is 2.89". This is a nightmare tire popping problem on the east coast for a daily driver. It sucks having to watch for every rut in the road. Takes the fun out of driving.

Need options help. I'd like a 35 series front tire which usually have approx 3.5' sidewall, like the front 19's on my Aventador.??? Never had a problem driving the Aventador. What is the allowable + and - ratio difference between front and rear tire diameter on the AWD Huracan??? I do not want to mess up the transmission. The stock tire wheel diameters are 25.8" front and 27.2" rear.

I know I can change to an aftermarket rim using 19's in the front and 20's in the rear and keep the exact same tire diameters as the stock 20's. But I don't feel like spending 12 thousand on wheels and tires at this time.

Does anyone know what size tires would not affect the transmission. There's got to be some allowable wheel diameter ratio difference. Someone in Lambo-land has to know the answer.

I don't feel like moving to another state or driving around with a flat bed following me.

Please help.

I'm picking my car the end of this month/beginning of the next. And I'll be faced with the same problem driving in PA, NJ, NY.

Quite correct, the roads in NY especially in Manhattan, or any bridge crossings are simply atrocious.

There is a TireRack guy, very knowledgeable who would help us with definite answer, I just have to find his name and give him a call beginning of the next wek.

Btw, did your dealer offer wheels/tires insurance protection? Mine does, I think best money spent imo.

I'm picking my car the end of this month/beginning of the next. And I'll be faced with the same problem driving in PA, NJ, NY.

Quite correct, the roads in NY especially in Manhattan, or any bridge crossings are simply atrocious.

There is a TireRack guy, very knowledgeable who would help us with definite answer, I just have to find his name and give him a call beginning of the next wek.

Btw, did your dealer offer wheels/tires insurance protection? Mine does, I think best money spent imo.

Spoke to Tire Rack.. They do not want to suggest anything, other then going to a 19" front wheel with the same diameter 25.8" tire as stock. That would be perfect if Lambo made a 19" Mima wheel, so I wouldn't have to buy 4 new wheels. I'm only really concerned with the front wheels. I can live with 30's on the rear.

Insurance useless for me.. I have a wholesale tire account and the dealer wheel repair guy is my friend.

Audi and Maserati have alternate wheel/tire sizes for there AWD cars.

I will definitely, figure out the safe options and let you know the results.

Spoke to Tire Rack.. They do not want to suggest anything, other then going to a 19" front wheel with the same diameter 25.8" tire as stock. That would be perfect if Lambo made a 19" Mima wheel, so I wouldn't have to buy 4 new wheels. I'm only really concerned with the front wheels. I can live with 30's on the rear.

Insurance useless for me.. I have a wholesale tire account and the dealer wheel repair guy is my friend.

Audi and Maserati have alternate wheel/tire sizes for there AWD cars.

I will definitely, figure out the safe options and let you know the results.

That would be great! Thank you in advance.