Possibly seling my XJ220S

LPDADDY

Was this one of Vahe's old cars? LA based?

Could be, I didn't buy it from him. Whoever painted that car is a butcher and a scammer. Very cheap and lousy paint job. It looks fantastic now and it should, 700 hours in the body shop.

Could be, I didn't buy it from him. Whoever painted that car is a butcher and a scammer. Very cheap and lousy paint job. It looks fantastic now and it should, 700 hours in the body shop.

There was definitely some kerfuffle over the cars (he had two of them) but I dont remember the details. Im very fcuking helpful, clearly.

There was definitely some kerfuffle over the cars (he had two of them) but I dont remember the details. Im very fcuking helpful, clearly.

Don't worry about it lol . I have bought enough cars from the US to know better and I bought the XJ from a friend who is a collector. I bought it sight unseen and it was in pretty good shape but not to my liking. The biggest issue is that I don't trust any of the shops in the US to do anything right, as a rule, they are all thieves. That is why, I decided to take a look at the mechanicals and took everything apart. To my surprise, the engine, drivetrain and all related parts are in top shape , so there is very little work that needs to be done besides replacing gaskets and seals .

The fuel cell did need replacing sadly ,as it was the original and should have been replaced 10 years ago at least

Don't worry about it lol . I have bought enough cars from the US to know better and I bought the XJ from a friend who is a collector. I bought it sight unseen and it was in pretty good shape but not to my liking. The biggest issue is that I don't trust any of the shops in the US to do anything right, as a rule, they are all thieves. That is why, I decided to take a look at the mechanicals and took everything apart. To my surprise, the engine, drivetrain and all related parts are in top shape , so there is very little work that needs to be done besides replacing gaskets and seals .

The fuel cell did need replacing sadly ,as it was the original and should have been replaced 10 years ago at least

What was the original color that you are restoring it back to?

Hard to say, Countach, M1, SLR all seem to draw a lot of attention.

From the XJ220S driving experience over the span of ownership; How did it differ (unique elements/feel/difficulty) from other owned super cars ?

Like others here, I'm telepathically trying to get you to hold on to it, what a gem...

Best of luck on your restoration project & imminent sale !

From the XJ220S driving experience over the span of ownership; How did it differ (unique elements/feel/difficulty) from other owned super cars ?

Like others here, I'm telepathically trying to get you to hold on to it, what a gem...

Best of luck on your restoration project & imminent sale !

It is a very easy car to drive once you get your head around on how big and wide it is. Very light, 2380lbs, and you feel how light it is in the corners and braking, brakes are awesome at it has AP racing brakes as opposed to the regular brakes of the XJ220, clutch is really light and it pulls like a freight train, you can spin the tires in 3rd gear. Inside, the mechanical noises are reminiscent of 91 turbo twin plug but the sound is very distinctive.

I am not sold on selling it, just have no room left, too many cars.If I don't get what I am asking, it is not going anywhere.

The picture above is what it will look like again.

The weight to size ratio is like something out of a damn cartoon. Crazy.

The whole car is carbon Kevlar except for the doors that are aluminum, only carry over from the street car. No soundproofing, no trunk, no ignition key, no glove box, basically the street version of the race car. There is A/C and it works great. Power is 700hp so power to weight ratio is sick.