Possibly seling my XJ220S

LPDADDY

There is a very good possibility I will put the car on the market in about 6 months as it is being fully restored to original color . If anyone interested, please pm me, it will not be cheap lol.

Restoration so far, 700 hours in body shop, panels are completely straight, painted in the original blue livery from TWR. Engine has been taken apart, needed nothing but new seals as it was in magnificent condition, new fuel cell, turbo's being rebuilt and coated, exhaust being coated to, leather seats needed nothing , new carpet .

New weatherproofing and all minor details will be looked after. It will be better than new.

I know you guys will ask, I am making room for a new acquisition. Not saying anything yet lol, I will when deal is done but it will be more extic than the XJ220S.

I'm sad to see you parting with such a rare gem! I remember the first time I saw an XJ220. I was 15 and it was at the Pittsburgh international auto show. A local exotics company had it there on display. That car is so beautiful and so unique in so many ways! Truly a work of art. I thought it was incredible of a car with a twin turbo V6 to produce the figures it did back in the day! That said, if you're willing to part with it, I hope that you get an even better replacement! Please share once you do obtain your replacement! I'm sure a lot of us would love to see! Good luck with the sale!

Ian

Can't believe you own one of the six. The XJ220 is the car I fell in love with as a kid and really started my passion for cars. The S is up there with a McLaren F1 on my "oh shit" scale. To even be in the presence of that car would be an amazing experience.

Please post some pictures of what it looks like now :). I'm sure whatever is next will be wild, your cars are always special. Having to wait about 6 months to find out though :eusa_wall:. You can PM me what it is, I won't tell lol

No sense putting pictures up till the car is ready, it is being reassembled and should be ready in bout 3 to 4 months I hope

Is it the car with the biggest road presence that you've owned?

Hard to say, Countach, M1, SLR all seem to draw a lot of attention.

Hard to say, Countach, M1, SLR all seem to draw a lot of attention.

Do you still have an M1? I'm a huge fan of BMW's, second in line to Lamborghini! :icon_thumleft:

Agreed with the others on the XJ220 being a childhood 'WOW' car. Sadly I don't believe I've ever seen one in person!

Good luck with the sale, that car would be very hard to part with!

Do you still have an M1? I'm a huge fan of BMW's, second in line to Lamborghini! :icon_thumleft:

I had 2 M1's, sold the procar, still have the street car. I doubt I will sell it any time soon, one of my favorite cars of all time.

Agreed with the others on the XJ220 being a childhood 'WOW' car. Sadly I don't believe I've ever seen one in person!

:iamwithstupid:

GLWS

:iamwithstupid:

And I'd like to go about changing that.

LPDaddy's will definitely be stunning and definitely out of my price league. Can't wait to see the final results of the build. Epic for sure. GLWS.

LPDADDY,

Was it ever really in need of the kind of restauration you are giving it? :) Why the complete workover ? :D

LPDADDY,

Was it ever really in need of the kind of restauration you are giving it? :) Why the complete workover ? :D

It was in no need of restoration. The paint job was a disgrace, whoever painted it did a terrible job and I hated the matte grey. So I decided to paint back to original color and at the same time go over everything mechanical.