Hi. Probable project.

pmdw1

Hi, I thought I should say hello properly. I've read a bit of the forum, and it seems to have some useful info, but are there many Murcielago DIY'ers on board?

I bought a 2006 LP640 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. It's barely been used for the past five years, and has a few issues I need to sort out (don't worry, I got it cheaper ;) )

I've already solved an engine running issue where only one bank was running which turned out to be cam sensor plug.

Today I've solved a front ABS sensor issue. I wasn't happy about a £445 ($665) bill for one ABS sensor from Lamborghini. So did a load of research, and found that an E36 M3 rear ABS sensor is a direct fit, and just requires the addition of some heat insulation wrap. Total cost £50 ($75)

I still have a brake wear warning on the dash, despite new pads. I believe I can solve that problem with some testing though.

The final light on the dash is what looks like a snow flake. I'm presuming this is external air temperature sensor problem. Can anyone tell me where the external temp sensor is located? and will a problem with this sensor also likely relate to an E4 error in the climate control?

Here's a picture of the car as it stands. I am really not a fan of the green, but as the car has had been repainted this colour, I have no issue having it repainted in a couple of weeks to my preference of colour. I was also about to order some Work Wheels for it, but I've seen the ADV.1's for sale here, and I'm tempted.

Lambo1.jpg

What I'm really looking for is decent information for people looking to work on these cars themselves. I don't even have an owners manual for the car so it's a steep learning curve. What I'd really like is a workshop manual. I have sent Limey on this forum a message, as I saw he used to be able to provide owners manuals and workshop manuals, but I've not heard anything back.

Glad to hear you are fixing her up. Sad to know the car was neglected for so long. Is the VI green the OEM color (I know your post said it was painted by the previous owner, but I wasn't sure)? If it is the OEM color I would leave it VI is a desirable color!

Congrats on the car!

Glad to see another person working on the Murci.

The snowflake is outside air temp. Did you replace the sensors for the brake pads or just the pads?

Hi guys.

Robberbaron: Yes, but I am not a fan of it at all. It's been resprayed this colour, so I have no problem 'correcting' it.

Transamera: It's a 1:1 fully functional scale model.

Whiteout: I've found the problem with the pad wear sensor, and yes, I figured the snowflake was external temperature. All I need to know now is where is the air temp sensor located. Any idea?

I cant confirm this, but this is from another post;

"There is a thermister, a resistor that changes value based on temp, in the right and left front wheel wells. They are strapped with cable ties to a the frame. The pass side is for the ac unit outside temp the drivers side tells the computer what the outside temp is to open the vents."

Should be just above the brake cool tubes and under the headlight area. Good luck!

"There is a thermister, a resistor that changes value based on temp, in the right and left front wheel wells. They are strapped with cable ties to a the frame. The pass side is for the ac unit outside temp the drivers side tells the computer what the outside temp is to open the vents."

Should be just above the brake cool tubes and under the headlight area. Good luck!

That was very helpful thanks! Behind the left wheel arch liner I found a plug with nothing plugged into it. I measured the voltage and saw 5v, so that pretty much confirmed it was for the temp sensor. I found a sensor off a VW, did some wiring and I've now got rid of the snow flake on the dash! I've still got an E4 error on the climate control though, so I'll have a look in the right side wheel arch to see if there's another sensor problem on that side that might explain this error. The car has previously been damage repaired, and although they seem to have done a very good job of the repair, they appear to have given up on the final details, hence the dash like a Christmas tree when I bought it.

I also thought I'd found the brake pad sensor culprit, but bridging, or opening these wires didn't make the light go away. Then I realised I'm presuming that the light on the dash is a pad wear sensor. My owners manual hasn't turned up yet. Can someone tell me what this symbol is complaining about? (I've checked brake fluid level, and it's not on max, but is way above minimum.)

BrakeWarning.jpg

Looks like the brake pad wear sensor if i not mistaken

I cant confirm this, but this is from another post;

I think I read somewhere that you can insert a resistor and switch in place of the thermistor on the drivers side so you can control the side vents at will?

That was very helpful thanks! Behind the left wheel arch liner I found a plug with nothing plugged into it. I measured the voltage and saw 5v, so that pretty much confirmed it was for the temp sensor. I found a sensor off a VW, did some wiring and I've now got rid of the snow flake on the dash! I've still got an E4 error on the climate control though, so I'll have a look in the right side wheel arch to see if there's another sensor problem on that side that might explain this error. The car has previously been damage repaired, and although they seem to have done a very good job of the repair, they appear to have given up on the final details, hence the dash like a Christmas tree when I bought it.

I also thought I'd found the brake pad sensor culprit, but bridging, or opening these wires didn't make the light go away. Then I realised I'm presuming that the light on the dash is a pad wear sensor. My owners manual hasn't turned up yet. Can someone tell me what this symbol is complaining about? (I've checked brake fluid level, and it's not on max, but is way above minimum.)

BrakeWarning.jpg

Did you ever get this light resolved?

Looking through my owners manual it says for the US this light is not used, it is item 21. The light above it also the same red graphic but with an exclamation mark in the center (item 22) is also marked as not used, next to them on the left are the two brake warning lights one spells out brake and comes on in my car when applying the hand brake the other spells out brake wear and is for pad wear.

On page 81 of the manual it says these two lights are for Canada only

# 21 brake pad wear and #22 brake system failure or parking brake on.

Hope this helps?

That's pad wear or fluid level. Where abouts in the UK are you fella ?

FYI, I'm a DIYer, did the egear clutch myself last year....

Did you ever get this light resolved?

Looking through my owners manual it says for the US this light is not used, it is item 21

Hi, I've still got the light on, but haven't had the chance to get all four wheels off to check the wiring. I can see there's loads of life left in the pads, and I've checked the fluid level, so I'm not overly concerned. It just. It's me having a light on the dash.

That's pad wear or fluid level. Where abouts in the UK are you fella ?

FYI, I'm a DIYer, did the egear clutch myself last year....

Awesome! How long did that take? I'm presuming it wasn't done on a driveway? :D.

I'm in Birmingham. I own a company called Driftworks, so I'm lucky enough to have a basic workshop at my disposal.

• 6 years later...