A/C blows warm

sonict

My A/C suddenly started blowing warm air - freon level was checked (full). The issue is likely the compressor, evidently any V8 Audi driveshaft powered compressor will work. Any recommendations on the cheapest source for replacement?

Mechanic claims compressor needs to be replaced with 90% certainty - would appreciate input on further diagnosing my issue.

Thanks!

I experienced the same thing on my Denali ended up replacing the blend door acuator

My A/C suddenly started blowing warm air - freon level was checked (full). The issue is likely the compressor, evidently any V8 Audi driveshaft powered compressor will work. Any recommendations on the cheapest source for replacement?

Mechanic claims compressor needs to be replaced with 90% certainty - would appreciate input on further diagnosing my issue.

Thanks!

You need to turn on the AC, look at the compressor and see if it's spinning. A compressor going out normally sounds horrendous.

If it is blowing warm or hot air or is it ambient temp (about the same as outside temp).

If it is warm to hot air I would be looking at heater control valve allowing hot water into heater core.

A/C pressure reading would also help to decide what is wrong. You don't give us enough info to help.

This might not make sense but is worth trying. I had the same issue before. Click the Econ button. Drive with it for about 5 minutes then turn it off. Within about 2 minutes aircon started blowing cold. 04 car though.

UPDATE: Installed an aftermarket compressor and still nothing. Pressure switch is receiving current and fuses are OK. The compressor isn't turning on, my mechanic believes it could be the aftermarket compressor sensor? Turns out this sensor isn't sold separately either, any other thoughts on what this could be?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AC-A-C-Compres...cb8&vxp=mtr

Bummed.

Check the pressure sensor. What year is it?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: All fans are coming on. New compressor (aftermarket) installed but A/C still doesn't work. Mechanic further inspected wires/fuses and determined that no power is getting

to the compressor. Power is going to low pressure switch, wants to replace to see if problem resolves. Charged $150 or 1.5hrs for diagnosis + replacing switch - does this sound accurate price/diagnosis wise? Otherwise problem is A/C computer module. Please help!

Are all fans coming on? Apparently the passenger fan is prone to failing...

• 2 weeks later...
Check the pressure sensor. What year is it?

+1

Try replacing A/C pressure sensor, I've seen this happen on the Murci and Aventador too.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what year the car is but there is a TSB for all 09-14.

My car ('13) just did the same thing Monday, only blows very hot air.

The TSB is campaign # L71X-A.01.14

It is for the A/C pressure sensor and seal ring.

If you have to buy the parts, the cost is $127.00

Location is under the front hood. Removal of trunk liner is necessary. Looks to be a simple repair...I'll reply back when my part shows up tomorrow.

UPDATE -

Just replaced sensor as I had mentioned and problem solved. Once the trunk liner is out , it takes only a few minutes to swap it out.

I can post a picture of its exact location if needed.

UPDATE: Replaced pressure sensor under trunk (passenger side) - A/C works just fine now. Looks like the car didn't need a new compressor afterall.

Moral of the story, take the car to the dealer, for diagnostic at least, in most cases it works out to be cheaper, glad to hear you got it fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine stopped working a few weeks ago. Shop told me the compressor blew up and there was a big hole in the side. I didn't believe it until I saw it. They recommended replacing with an Audi part, and now it works great again.

• 6 months later...
Mine stopped working a few weeks ago. Shop told me the compressor blew up and there was a big hole in the side. I didn't believe it until I saw it. They recommended replacing with an Audi part, and now it works great again.

Compressor doesn't have a clutch on it,on the side of the compressor is a electric controlled valve that the ac head unit sends a Milli amp signal to control the variable swash plate inside. You want to see at least 300 milli amps (ma) signal to this,the scan tool from lambo can monitor this or use a inductive ammeter

Compressor doesn't have a clutch on it,on the side of the compressor is a electric controlled valve that the ac head unit sends a Milli amp signal to control the variable swash plate inside. You want to see at least 300 milli amps (ma) signal to this,the scan tool from lambo can monitor this or use a inductive ammeter
this is the variable displacement compressor,also pressure switch under front hood liner is same switch Bentely used on Continentals that wick ac oil and refrigerant into wiring harness all the way to the ac head unit,Bentely replaced lots of wiring harnesses and components under warranty