Urus Confirmed

deekss

Just had the email saying Urus is confirmed. Order book is open and first models will be available in 2018. I was at the factory earlier in the year and wondered off, saw several Urus' and overview visual of V10 Diesel with 600HP, and V8 with electric turbos/superchargers. Looks like the Audi/Bentley 4L V8. No sign of petrol V10 or V12 mentioned. Probably wasn't meant to see those. I knew then it would be a goer.

Stay tuned.... I'm sure there'll be official announcements soon.

All of that info supports the notion that the SUV is aimed more at the Chinese market than the U.S./Euro.

Just had the email saying Urus is confirmed. Order book is open and first models will be available in 2018. I was at the factory earlier in the year and wondered off, saw several Urus' and overview visual of V10 Diesel with 600HP, and V8 with electric turbos/superchargers. Looks like the Audi/Bentley 4L V8. No sign of petrol V10 or V12 mentioned. Probably wasn't meant to see those. I knew then it would be a goer.

Stay tuned.... I'm sure there'll be official announcements soon.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t=0&start=0

But did you order one?

Who the hell would put a deposit on an SUV that you won't get for 3 years? Silly rabbits.

Who the hell would put a deposit on an SUV that you won't get for 3 years? Silly rabbits.

Me. Just in time for when my 2013 Cayenne will be due for replacement. :-)

Silly me.

Have they said a price point? High 200's?

Around £130-140K, $220K ish...

Similar (slightly more) money to a reasonably spec'd Cayenne Turbo

Deekss do you know if it is a 4 or a 5 seater?

Are you sure? I thought it would be higher, good news if so and congratz as well to your Urus :icon_thumleft:

It's going to be a 4 seater. I also put a deposit down, this thing will be phenomenal!

That's a shame, I need 5 seats, what a wasted opportunity.

I did. They have my deposit.

Me. Just in time for when my 2013 Cayenne will be due for replacement. :-)

Silly me.

Good work. Did the Cayenne replace the RS6?

Winkelmann interview on Urus, also mentions the price ~the Huracan price point:

Good work. Did the Cayenne replace the RS6?

Yes it did. Cayenne Diesel S. V8 4.2L 850nm diesel. 35MPG, great great package. Big V8 rumble, sounds like a power boat ! Had it just under two years now and 40K miles.....

20150509_121851.jpg

Are you sure? I thought it would be higher, good news if so and congratz as well to your Urus :icon_thumleft:

Yep, went through this in detail, and as they said, there's no market for a £200K SUV in slight volume, and they want to sell these in volumes to outsell the A & H combined, same model as Pork for the Cayenne> 991+Boxster+Cayman.

£140K is all the money for a daily smoker ! At least now I don't have to save anymore for a Huracan and, as my Murcielago has just had it's 10th birthday, I might as well keep it another 10 years.

It's built on the same MQC platform as Q7, Cayenne, etc, with bits from the VAG parts bin, the 4.0L V8 petrol from Bentley/new RS6 and the resurrected V10 diesel from the Phaeton/Q7. The panoramic roof looks a little small to be called that. More like a regular sunroof.

Yep, went through this in detail, and as they said, there's no market for a £200K SUV in slight volume, and they want to sell these in volumes to outsell the A & H combined, same model as Pork for the Cayenne> 991+Boxster+Cayman.

£140K is all the money for a daily smoker ! At least now I don't have to save anymore for a Huracan and, as my Murcielago has just had it's 10th birthday, I might as well keep it another 10 years.

It's built on the same MQC platform as Q7, Cayenne, etc, with bits from the VAG parts bin, the 4.0L V8 petrol from Bentley/new RS6 and the resurrected V10 diesel from the Phaeton/Q7. The panoramic roof looks a little small to be called that. More like a regular sunroof.

Sounds like a smart and winning strategy! Hell, I might join you in the Urus camp even though I hate(d) the idea :icon_mrgreen:

Balloon white? ;)

V10 diesel from the Phaeton/Q7.

that was one shonky engine. The headline figures etc were great but crap drivability. Will be interesting to see what has been done with it.

I guess it will be built on MLB platform because the engine will be longitudinal, not transverse. I hope it won't come with a diesel engine at all. V8 gasoline turbo with hybrid option is more realistic I guess. I hope they will update the design a bit, it will look dated by the time it hits production.