Aventador Purchase/Pricing

737Drvr

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into an Aventador by fall. The original plan was to enter the V12 world in a LP640 but I have loved the Aventador since it first came out. It tugs at my heart strings. I know there are faster, better driving, and handling cars on the market but the Avy is where it's at for me.

Right now, my budget dictates a 12, maybe a 13. Orancio Argos is my first choice followed by Blu Nethuns, Verde Ithica, and Yellow. There are examples of most of these for sale now. My top pick is unfortunately a '14 model at LNB but it is not quite in the budget. It's a gorgeous car loaded with carbon fiber and I happen to like the guys at LNB a lot. I am telling you about this car because it seems Aventador prices are softening a bit (particularly the coupes) and they are not selling quickly. I get that they are an expensive machine but still surprised how long they are remaining in inventory. So, do I wait a bit and let the prices drop and get into the newer car? Also, if you guys/gals could provide your input to some questions/observations.

1) I've heard different opinions on the '12s. Some say stay away, others say they're fine. I realize the suspension is firmer and there is no start/stop. I don't see a reason to stay away if the car checks out.

2) If taken care of, are they fairly reliable? I understand they are more costly to maintain. I'm coming from a Lp560-2. Not one problem.

3) Why do you think these things aren't moving from inventory? Introduction of the Huracan maybe? There are some nice ones avaible.

4) Any other buying advice or things to look for on these when looking at them?

Thanks for the help. Super stoked to get into my dream car.

AV used prices are too high.

V12 is all about flash and a used AV may not do the trick for some

Lots of inventory out there bc too many were sold

Having said all these, if I were to get another exotic, it would probably be an AV :)

AV used prices are too high.

V12 is all about flash and a used AV may not do the trick for some

Lots of inventory out there bc too many were sold

Having said all these, if I were to get another exotic, it would probably be an AV :)

Yea, I'm curious if all those 2012 cars that have been for sale forever would realistically trade hands in the $330k range or less... With 14's getting below $400k that I've seen, 12's are gonna have to lower their price to sell...

My top pick is unfortunately a '14 model at LNB but it is not quite in the budget. It's a gorgeous car loaded with carbon fiber and I happen to like the guys at LNB a lot.

Have you talked with the LNB guys to see if there is anything they can do to get you in to the car? With the roadsters, 50th Anniversary and now SV coupe (and eventually roadster) coming out the plain Jane coupe should be dropping in price even if it is a newer model year.

Back in November I was offered a brand new $455K '14 for $405K...and it's still there!

Yes I agree that the advertised/asking prices are going to have to fall while more used newer cars hit the market.

Seems that some cars have been advertised for close to a year!

Have you talked with the LNB guys to see if there is anything they can do to get you in to the car? With the roadsters, 50th Anniversary and now SV coupe (and eventually roadster) coming out the plain Jane coupe should be dropping in price even if it is a newer model year.

Yeah, I have been in contact with them. Nick said there should be some coming in on trade as the SV's begin arriving this fall. We talked a little about the Orange one but it didn't seem to fit my budget--for now. From what I'm reading here, it appears there is more negotiating room than I thought. So, I will be patient and see what happens.

Back in November I was offered a brand new $455K '14 for $405K...and it's still there!

Yes I agree that the advertised/asking prices are going to have to fall while more used newer cars hit the market.

Seems that some cars have been advertised for close to a year!

That seems like a pretty good deal, especially for a new car. Can you share what color it was and what dealer it is at. Or PM me if that works for you. It does appear that a lot of cars have been on the market for a while. The two yellow '12s in Dallas and an orange one at a exotic dealer in FL come to mind. The one in FL is way overpriced even though it only has 950 miles on it. It sounds like it may be almost the same price to get into a new one, which would be awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

That seems like a pretty good deal, especially for a new car. Can you share what color it was and what dealer it is at. Or PM me if that works for you. It does appear that a lot of cars have been on the market for a while. The two yellow '12s in Dallas and an orange one at a exotic dealer in FL come to mind. The one in FL is way overpriced even though it only has 950 miles on it. It sounds like it may be almost the same price to get into a new one, which would be awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Call Tom Brazil at Vegas lambo and tell him pete sent you. I bought my 11SL from him, good guy to deal with. It's the grigio Antares car on their website.

Watching cars that have sold seems to be '13 coupes in the 365-375 asking range.

Some of the cars like the 950 mile 12 will sit forever at those prices.

I too am considering an Aventador. The market is very strange. Seems like there are 20-25 for sale across the US with no sales. The early cars seem to sit the longest.

Not sure if I want to bite the bullet and go new or wait out for a used car that checks the boxes.

Has anyone recently bought a used Aventador who cares to share they buying experience and market knowledge?

Call Tom Brazil at Vegas lambo and tell him pete sent you. I bought my 11SL from him, good guy to deal with. It's the grigio Antares car on their website.

Watching cars that have sold seems to be '13 coupes in the 365-375 asking range.

Some of the cars like the 950 mile 12 will sit forever at those prices.