Aventador decat?

topjay

Can you run decat without remapping?

Also for anyone that has done a decat on one, any issues generally?

Muffler only is too quiet, had LNB on my last Aventador and thinking ahead to SV but if it is going to cause numerous issues then i can't be bothered!

• 1 month later...
Can you run decat without remapping?

Also for anyone that has done a decat on one, any issues generally?

Muffler only is too quiet, had LNB on my last Aventador and thinking ahead to SV but if it is going to cause numerous issues then i can't be bothered!

I removed the cats and changed the muffler to the IPE system back when I had my Aventador. Although the fireworks display was amazing I really hated the car after that. I don't recall any check lights and no re tuning but it lost so much low end torque it wasn't funny. Moving off at traffic lights or stand still was painful. Significant noticeable difference...The car only starts picking up at about 2500 3000 rpm. Sound was a bit too high pitched for me as well. Ended up going back to stock and keeping the valves open after a week or 2.

Had tubi on my 570SL but it was just the muffler and that was nice...sounded good and didn't feel any loss in power or torque

Huracan I opted for the factory sports exhaust and sound switch programming strada closed sports/corsa open and it was good enough for me. Except the whole back fire sounded good only when the windows was up, low and bassy.....Outside or when the windows were down it was a high pitch popping sound which I found a bit irritating.

fast forward to today I left the stock exhaust on, on the 750 SV and just did the ECU programming to control the valve via sports or corsa mode.

Interesting feedback, thanks for that, assume mapping would help, but you have decided it for me, muffler only, either aftermarket or a factory race version they are apparently going to do.

Interesting feedback, thanks for that, assume mapping would help, but you have decided it for me, muffler only, either aftermarket or a factory race version they are apparently going to do.

Your situation is where our Fabspeed Sport Catalytic Converters come into play. You get an increase in sound and performance without sacrificing low end performance.

Having an issue with passing smog right now. No CEL, but monitors are not running right now. Trying to figure out a work around or if the decat caused this.

Having an issue with passing smog right now. No CEL, but monitors are not running right now. Trying to figure out a work around or if the decat caused this.

I'm leaning on this being a software issue. If you cant get it sorted out or need to upgrade to a performance cat version let me know.

I'm leaning on this being a software issue. If you cant get it sorted out or need to upgrade to a performance cat version let me know.

What is the cell on your performance cats?

the work around is register you car in a no-smog State. permanent solution. :)

the work around is register you car in a no-smog State. permanent solution. :)

Or talk to the overlords at VW and get a hookup with that diesel programming :icon_pidu: