Yamaha's new Sport SXS

el_chorizo

What's special about this? Disclaimer, I know shit about buggys

It's a Yamaha... such a beast hasn't existed up until recently.

Suspension looks slick, I dig the big ass fox shocks coming through the front end.

What is powering it? N/A 1L? No Turbo?

I've only ridden/driven a Rzr. Which was fun. Other than that I dont know much about side by sides. It is cool to see more manufactures entering the sport side by side markets. Should be interesting.

Something cool as an aside. My buddy as in his buggy and got a huge gash this weekend so he used 10 plugs side by side and it held to get him home.

image.jpg

I effin' hate them.

Around me they are being driven by kids, on public (back) roads mind you.

It makes a good shooting target though.

Chorizo, btw did you ever pick up the Polaris Slingshot? Thoughts? Seen a few locally, looks are great not sure I would rock it.

I never did because I just don't have the garage space :( But two of my friends got them. They are really neat vehicles. Neither of my friends drive them too often but they sure do get a ton of attention... probably because they are still so new most people have never seen them.

If you think you will actually drive it enough to make the $20k worth it I think it's a bargain. If it's just going to sit in your garage and collect dust, probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to the Sand Super Show tommorow in Costa Mesa, will have plenty of offroad toys and will have the Yamaha as well. Will take some pics and post. But for now, the sound is fcuking crazy!!

""Polaris Xp1000 full built +1mm valves, ported head, 12.5:1 Pistons, Carrillo rods, web cam shafts r2c filters, Dasa fuel controller, full Dasa exhaust 105 hp to the ground

Yamaha YXZ full Dasa exhaust, Dasa fuel programmer, rest is stock"

My wife just bought me a Polaris Ace 570. Thing is like a single seat race car on dirt. Love it.now they say they are making a 900cc version. The 570 does 100kmh ,the 900 gonna be crazy fun

Not sure of the weight of the ace but I would definitley put some plywood underneath those wheels when you transport it, those truck straps arent that strong.

The Ace pops wheelies, pretty bad ass.

I never did because I just don't have the garage space :( But two of my friends got them. They are really neat vehicles. Neither of my friends drive them too often but they sure do get a ton of attention... probably because they are still so new most people have never seen them.

If you think you will actually drive it enough to make the $20k worth it I think it's a bargain. If it's just going to sit in your garage and collect dust, probably not.

Meh, you did the right thing. Saw some reviews online, wouldnt dare to drive the thing. The rear center tire is a recipe for disaster for the true aggressive driver.