Lemon Law recommedations

Easy888

Guys,

I've ran into a bit of a problem here with one of the cars. Long story short I'm having lingering transmission issues which are still unresolved after numerous attempts.

Has anyone had to go through this in the state of CA? If so and were successful please point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated.

Just went through this with a client. You can go through the BBB Automotive line for arbitration and it usually takes less than 40 days. PM me if you need any info.

I have lemoned 4 cars, a Jag and 3 BMW's in CA. PM the details and I will walk you through it.

Guys,

Thanks for the quick replies all of you. I will PM you guys separately.

Just one more thing to throw out there, this is related to my Dodge and it was recommended by Dodge

themselves to use NCDS (NCDSUSA.org) which is an arbitration entity.

Now some have suggested that NCDS isn't as fully impartial and unbiased as you would expect, suggesting

that they may somehow receive benefits from Dodge in some way? It's not proven, but seeing as it was

recommended by Dodge to begin with may allude to that fact.

So the question becomes, is it worth using NCDS or better to go with a lawyer?

Guys,

Just one more thing to throw out there, this is related to my Dodge and it was recommended by Dodge

Now some have suggested that NCDS isn't as fully impartial and unbiased as you would expect, suggesting

that they may somehow receive benefits from Dodge in some way? It's not proven, but seeing as it was

recommended by Dodge to begin with may allude to that fact.

So the question becomes, is it worth using NCDS or better to go with a lawyer?

Simply answer is contact Dodge corporate. If you purchased the car new and these problems have occurred 3 times and still exist in the first 18 months of ownership Dodge doesn't have a leg to stand on. You will be reimbursed by a state mandated scheduled going back to the mileage of the first report of this reoccuring problem. They also should reimburse you for any state fees you incurred while the problems occurred.

With my Jaguar, they offered me an XJR at cost plus the mandated settlement check. I hated my old Jag so much I elected not to purchase it (which a mistake since I could have flipped for $7k in a week.)

Guys,

I would NOT use them for that very reason.

FYI, Lemon Law is not mandatory, if push comes to shove it still has to be won/awarded by judge in Court, at least in PA.

Technically I am not under Lemon Law. I should change the title.

Whereas CA Lemon Law is dictated by 18 months of ownership from new, or 18K miles, I am over these conditions.

However as it is a transmission issue, the car comes with 5 years warranty in this area, so I am within the timeframe.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks.

Technically I am not under Lemon Law. I should change the title.

Whereas CA Lemon Law is dictated by 18 months of ownership from new, or 18K miles, I am over these conditions.

However as it is a transmission issue, the car comes with 5 years warranty in this area, so I am within the timeframe.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks.

They will take it back if you are prepared to fight. Hiring a lawyer will slow down the process and the lawyer will extract most of the payment you will ultimately get.

Your other option is sell and move on.