Any road bikers here?

MrDoctor

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man. That bike is bling blinging. Def. Hook it up with some gold pedals.

Love the exposed CF. Looks sweet.

Reading reviews on it makes we wanna find one. Seems like it is a really good frame.

That's a pretty trick bike. Next to no one is making a lugged carbon frame anymore. Pretty.

What do you guys think is the best bike under $3k for me?

I like to climb, I'm 5'10" and currently 220lbs, plan on losing some lbs though! :(

Want to upgrade. Getting into it enough to notice differences in bikes/components.

REI has the Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 on sale for about $1700 currently. Carbon frame, a sure upgrade from my Allez A1 aluminum frame.

I'm thinking this next time around, I should just buy the best bike I can afford since it costs more to upgrade later.

What do you guys think is the best bike under $3k for me?

I like to climb, I'm 5'10" and currently 220lbs, plan on losing some lbs though! :(

Want to upgrade. Getting into it enough to notice differences in bikes/components.

REI has the Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 on sale for about $1700 currently. Carbon frame, a sure upgrade from my Allez A1 aluminum frame.

I'm thinking this next time around, I should just buy the best bike I can afford since it costs more to upgrade later.

This bike will be well back of 3k.

http://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bike/Prod...entid=undefined

Marc, my advise is to get the lightest frame you can afford and

One that is somewhat compliant.

Anything that spins, needs to be lightweight- so pedals, cranks, wheels, bearings- go for the lightest you can afford(go used if necessary.

Then go for the other stuff like brakes, stem, bars, seat,etc

As you like climbing, and that is a function of fighting gravity, light is the key

Marc, my advise is to get the lightest frame you can afford and

One that is somewhat compliant.

Anything that spins, needs to be lightweight- so pedals, cranks, wheels, bearings- go for the lightest you can afford(go used if necessary.

Then go for the other stuff like brakes, stem, bars, seat,etc

As you like climbing, and that is a function of fighting gravity, light is the key

I agree. Rouleur is looking into getting me a deal on a 2016 Super Six Ultegra.

It comes in at 16lbs, 8oz Don't know if that's good or bad, but after I swap in my RS-81 wheels it should help a tad.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/5806937514.html

^ This one is a 2013 Hi Mod Team Edition. Maybe I can get him to go under $2k (Sorry Rouleur, just indecisive right now) :D

I'm always afraid of buying used. I believe I'll end up buying a fake and/or damaged frame.

I've seen people building Specialized clones. They get the chinese carbon frames, do s-works paint/graphics, etc. Looks like the real thing.

I agree. Rouleur is looking into getting me a deal on a 2016 Super Six Ultegra.

It comes in at 16lbs, 8oz Don't know if that's good or bad, but after I swap in my RS-81 wheels it should help a tad.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/5806937514.html

^ This one is a 2013 Hi Mod Team Edition. Maybe I can get him to go under $2k (Sorry Rouleur, just indecisive right now) :D

I'm always afraid of buying used. I believe I'll end up buying a fake and/or damaged frame.

I've seen people building Specialized clones. They get the chinese carbon frames, do s-works paint/graphics, etc. Looks like the real thing.

First thing, don't apologize man, you get whatever is best for you. This doesn't make me a penny, it just helps a buddy of mine sell a bike and helps you get a bike. I am purely an enthusiast putting two parties together.

Buying used can be tricky, but the used bike market is full of good deals on stuff. I have never purchased a used bike, complete, but I have bought some used parts in the past, specifically wheels. That bike is pretty much the same bike that Peter Sagan rode three years ago in the Tour. Great bike, period. Now that I can see the pics, i'll throw in some advice, or things I can see from the pics. It will help you when you go to see it.

--Being a '13 model bike, this bike is 10 speed. Everything new is 11 speed in the rear. This bike is cool because they don't make the green accent levers anymore, they only made them when Peter was on the team, so cool points there for sure. That said, it is 10 speed so you will likely want to upgrade it sooner or later. What is cool about SRAM is that they used the same rear derailleur, so you just have to upgrade the shiter/brake levers (kinda sucks because no 11 speed in green I don't think).

--Wheels are the tits. Chris King hubs are bomb proof, light, quick engagement. Pretty sweet stuff there. The rims are the new HED Belguim knock offs. They are strong and wide and work well. Hubs are 11 speed compatible, so no extra cost to upgrade other than shifters and rear cassette.

--the brakes are the current model, so you don't have outdated equipment there either.

--Tires are Conti GP4000, can't really get anything "better", that is what I ride. I won't switch. They are 40-50 a piece, so make sure they aren't worn out.

--Hollogram cranks are nice, light, and stiff. No upgrade needed there either, and he is providing you with the compact ring set as well as the standard.

The knock...

--I love classic bend handlebars, not everyone does. Most people opt for some type of ergonomic bar, not super expensive to change. For me, it would be perfect.

--I am hoping the bike is on the big side for you because he has cut the steerer tube for the fork. Make sure you have enough adjustability upward. I seem to remember you having a pretty slammed stem on your bike, so probably not a problem, but make sure. They don't make that fork anymore, so you would have a mismatch if you have to replace it.

--Picture is a little too small, but it looks like he laid it down on the front of the right shifter. Not a huge deal, I think we have all done it, just make sure the levers aren't wiggly. You cannot replace the brake lever blade.

--No warranty. Warranty is only for original owner.

It looks like he took good care of it. He is meticulous, I can see that from the bar wrap and the way he positioned the handlebars, and the way he cut the steerer tube on the fork. THat is all good stuff. Have fun on the test ride, keep me posted if you have any questions.

Chris, I can't thank you enough for all of the information and help you've provided me with .

I just felt like apologizing because here I am, committing to the bike then backing out. Kinda feels dirty baggy, and your friend must be saying WTF, this guy is saying yes and no, so I am apologizing for being indecisive.

Chris, I can't thank you enough for all of the information and help you've provided me with .

I just felt like apologizing because here I am, committing to the bike then backing out. Kinda feels dirty baggy, and your friend must be saying WTF, this guy is saying yes and no, so I am apologizing for being indecisive.

Dude, I sell cars for a living brother! You have no idea what indecisive is! I would help anyone on this site, even though I have met few of you, I hold you all in high regard and count you as part of my quirky online family. My friend didn't say a word, he knows the deal. You need to do what is right for you, period, and I am honored that you thought highly enough of me to let me be part of it.

One more note on the new bike, same frame as what you are looking at, all the EVO bikes are the same now. The price I gave you leaves room to upgrade everything on the bike (seatpost, stem, handlebars, saddle, tires) or give you 550 towards a set of wheels just like the ones on the used bike, handbuilt, and no one ever ripped a hundred mile in, chamois cream infused fart on it. Just food for thought.

Only step left is me getting my out of shape ass back out to the most wonderful place on earth to ride with you miscreants.

Dude, I sell cars for a living brother! You have no idea what indecisive is! I would help anyone on this site, even though I have met few of you, I hold you all in high regard and count you as part of my quirky online family. My friend didn't say a word, he knows the deal. You need to do what is right for you, period, and I am honored that you thought highly enough of me to let me be part of it.

One more note on the new bike, same frame as what you are looking at, all the EVO bikes are the same now. The price I gave you leaves room to upgrade everything on the bike (seatpost, stem, handlebars, saddle, tires) or give you 550 towards a set of wheels just like the ones on the used bike, handbuilt, and no one ever ripped a hundred mile in, chamois cream infused fart on it. Just food for thought.

Only step left is me getting my out of shape ass back out to the most wonderful place on earth to ride with you miscreants.

Bring your bike here

You can get in shape

Get lots of sun

Meet incredible sexy latinas

Learn Spanish

Pick the order on which you find importance

Bring your bike here

You can get in shape

Get lots of sun

Learn Spanish

Are you still in Puerto Vallarta? Are we not going to get killed by the Zetas? No lie, that shit scares the fcuk out of me.

I am in Vallarta

Are you a major player in the drug cartel?

You have more chance of getting offed by Isis in the states than murdered by any Mexican drug organization

Right on man!

Lol. Yes, that's one thing I have been thinking about. Might be better to get new.

That Hi-Mod was super lightweight though. He said he bought it for his son who was into racing. Frame looked good, damage free. One of the rims had a deep scratch that affected the braking, but a little sandpaper to it helped it out.

I will know by Saturday :D

Bring your bike here

You can get in shape

Get lots of sun

Learn Spanish

Geeze man, where's my invite? That sounds FANTASTIC! I'm out of shape too :lol2:

Right on man!

Lol. Yes, that's one thing I have been thinking about. Might be better to get new.

That Hi-Mod was super lightweight though. He said he bought it for his son who was into racing. Frame looked good, damage free. One of the rims had a deep scratch that affected the braking, but a little sandpaper to it helped it out.

I will know by Saturday :D

Geeze man, where's my invite? That sounds FANTASTIC! I'm out of shape too :lol2:

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME

as far as used, so much inventory on the market.....its a buyers market with light stuff

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME

as far as used, so much inventory on the market.....its a buyers market with light stuff

Ok, we for sure need to set that up. Sounds like a great summer vacation for me.

I'm trying to get a deal on it.

So, the son lives up in Seattle, but they moved the bike back to the bay, because it's a better market over here. Trying to talk him down on the price, $2k with the wheels. He said he could discount $400 without the wheels, because I do have the RS-81's but those Chris King wheels felt fantastic.

So, he's leaving back to Seattle for a month this Saturday, so if it doesn't sell between now and then, I might be able to pull a good price on this bike.

Ok, we for sure need to set that up. Sounds like a great summer vacation for me.

I'm trying to get a deal on it.

So, the son lives up in Seattle, but they moved the bike back to the bay, because it's a better market over here. Trying to talk him down on the price, $2k with the wheels. He said he could discount $400 without the wheels, because I do have the RS-81's but those Chris King wheels felt fantastic.

So, he's leaving back to Seattle for a month this Saturday, so if it doesn't sell between now and then, I might be able to pull a good price on this bike.

winter break is much better

its 80 degrees november to may

he does not have the only frame for sale.

wait until friday night

winter break is much better

its 80 degrees november to may

he does not have the only frame for sale.

wait until friday night

Ok, ww'll have to set something up in March, my birthday month.

What do you think is a fair price for the bike with the wheels? He's asking $2350.

Ok, ww'll have to set something up in March, my birthday month.

What do you think is a fair price for the bike with the wheels? He's asking $2350.

is it in the link, or is there another one?

as is and with that group its a good deal.

In the photo it has Cannonade cranks.

If it has 10 speed, you will upgrade it and spend more to do so, so think of that

hate to say it but I would low ball the 2300. Something Sub 2. Most bikes on craigslist don't sell, so if you are showing interest and have cash in hand.. most likely your low ball offer will take the bike. A little trick I have learned looking at used Carbon frames is bring a quarter with you, tape the frame up and down the tubes... if the frame is cracked you will hear the pitch change.

supersix cdales are nice bikes, I rode one for a little back in 11. Nice frame/weight and for a good price.

The wheels... Chris King. I love love king products, I have had their headsets and hubs off and on for the past 13years... oh and they sound they make.. golden

I am not a fan of Sram group, so make sure you like how it shifts.

I have ridden a Prologo saddle.... Not a fan of most of them. So good chance you will be switching that out.

if you get it under 2k... and maybe drop another 300+ or so youll have a nice bike that is to your liking.

I say go for it.

I support buying 2nd bikes.... a lot of people buy the really nice stuff and just sell it cause they never use it. I have gotten the nicest of the nice for 1/5th the price.