Any road bikers here?

MrDoctor

Rocket 7 got revived. Greg Van Avermet was wearing them last year. I spoke with the guy, he bought the name from the original owner that went out of business, he used to work for the guy. The guy is going around the country doing custom fittings in areas where interest has been shown. I think he is having a tough go of it, but he is still doing it.

Never heard of Simmons, I will have to check them out. ALso thought getting shoes from Adam Hansens custom company out of Australia would be cool, but man, 1300 bucks for shoes is kinda crazy.

http://simmons-racing.com/cycling-2/

post-9296-1475857157_thumb.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn!

Check these out...

http://hanseeno.myshopify.com/collections/...cts/u100g-shoes

They are called the U95, because they are sub 95 grams per shoe.

those are not for mortals

Nothing against the shoes, but if you have a problem, I like going American. With customs there is always molds, remolds, and tweaks. Seems easier with an american company.

But, 95 gram shoes are ultra light, and if they are stiff, they would be super sweet to ride.

Im just not that good to justify that kind of shoe.

great looking bike.

congratulations

Thank You.

First of all, Congrats on the new ride! Bike looks great!!! Secondly, no need to get frustrated....this is your second bike (there will be many more in the future, trust me...lol) the main thing is you get it out and put miles on it!!!! That will make you a stronger rider than anything you can bolt on it!

Got my first Cannondale awhile back, and I gotta say it

MUCH more comfortable than other bikes I've had.

Welcome to a terrible addiction, on the positive side you are actually bettering your health!

Thank you! I agree 100%.

UC Davis for fit? That's my Alma Mater, love that biking environment.

Such good times there. Rode to class every day on my Trek 1220. I was 60 pounds lighter then and hauled ass.

I have a CAAD 10 with RS80 wheels now. Hard to go wrong with a CAAD

Yes, they do a fantastic bike fit for $200!

Congrats! Awesome looking bike man. You'll enjoy the feel of aluminum, it still makes a great bike. I have heard (no experisnce) that the CAAD12 has a better feel than the carbon bike for compliance. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Thank You! I really like it so far. Super responsive, climbs good (not great) and the handling is fantastic. I did ride the super six back to back with the CAAD12 and the 12 felt much better.

You are not alone, I am a rim brake guy for life. Unfortunately, we will be phased out soon. They are going to stop building rim brake bikes in the next 5 years. Everything will be disk. THey have to explode the used bike market somehow.

I agree. I think everything is going to go disc also. You can already see it going in that direction. All it takes is some disc tour bikes, bam, new craze. No need for them IMO, but the industry is always going to find new ways to make $.

Aren't those Adam Hansen's shoes that he makes himself? That guy is awesome

one in the same! He is a legend!

Well.

There was still this itch and curiosity about owning a carbon bike in my head. After going on a 20 mile ride with the CAAD12 yesterday, there was still something left unsatisfied.....to me.

The bike is FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong. It's just that, I'll end up upgrading eventually, so why didn't I take my own advice and buy the best I could afford?

So, this morning, I ordered this bike, which I believe looks like a 2015 Hi-Mod. No model number, ordered it blindly because REI has fantastic return policy.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/8985...o-h2c-mens-bike

Probably will just end up selling the CAAD12 to my buddy who has been wanting one and talked me into getting it. It was his plan all along I guess :lol2:

Well.

There was still this itch and curiosity about owning a carbon bike in my head. After going on a 20 mile ride with the CAAD12 yesterday, there was still something left unsatisfied.....to me.

The bike is FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong. It's just that, I'll end up upgrading eventually, so why didn't I take my own advice and buy the best I could afford?

So, this morning, I ordered this bike, which I believe looks like a 2015 Hi-Mod. No model number, ordered it blindly because REI has fantastic return policy.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/8985...o-h2c-mens-bike

Probably will just end up selling the CAAD12 to my buddy who has been wanting one and talked me into getting it. It was his plan all along I guess :lol2:

can't go wrong with that bike.

you will enjoy it.

can't go wrong with that bike.

you will enjoy it.

I hope so. At least I'll get that curiosity out of the way. Plus, better resell value. A LBS is selling the same bike for $3500. So, looks like I got a deal.

Just general advice, don't buy bikes as investments. But, hard to go wrong with the Evo. Might be a little smoother than the CAAD 12 and a bit lighter. Other than that, you won't notice much else (it's not stiffer and same geometry)

:icon_thumleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

always wanted a Parlee. still remember the first time I saw one and worked with one when I worked at a shop. Been in love ever since.

My buddy is a stocking dealer, so his pricing is the best you can get. I will likely ride with the team he is creating next year (mainly just masters and mountain bike racing) and this will be the team bike. I will likely get an Altum, but not the "R", as I am a snob and want the higher end one. That said, the R is a lot less money, and will ride essentially the same. We will see.

https://m.paddle8.com/auction/robin-williams/

Robin Williams bike auction. He had a Fondriest

I did a triathlon in Malibu and Robin did the bike leg for a celebrity team. I was able to meet him after the race and talked to him. He is quite a character. He was making carbon wheel sounds telling me how cool they sounded going by him and he had to get a set. This was in the late 90's...

Robin looked really funny with super hairy legs with bike shorts on haahaa...

I did a triathlon in Malibu and Robin did the bike leg for a celebrity team. I was able to meet him after the race and talked to him. He is quite a character. He was making carbon wheel sounds telling me how cool they sounded going by him and he had to get a set. This was in the late 90's...

Robin looked really funny with super hairy legs with bike shorts on haahaa...

He seemd like such a full of life guy. I guess we can never see the demons, or know someone's pain. He made the world laugh, really left a mark.

That said, he had some pretty interesting bikes in his collection. I owned a couple of the same ones. I thought about bidding on one or two, just to see if I got them. It would be nostalgic for me, as they are hard to find now. Would be cool to say they were his as well. Probably have some good mojo in them.

He seemd like such a full of life guy. I guess we can never see the demons, or know someone's pain. He made the world laugh, really left a mark.

That said, he had some pretty interesting bikes in his collection. I owned a couple of the same ones. I thought about bidding on one or two, just to see if I got them. It would be nostalgic for me, as they are hard to find now. Would be cool to say they were his as well. Probably have some good mojo in them.

Do it ! That would be awesome.

Very nice

You can't go

Wrong with that

Wow, looks great man! Nice purchase.

Thanks!

This bike is straight nuts! Descends well, brakes well, accelerates well....

tl:dr this bike is the tits. I've never had such a grin on my face after a ride. Totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today I got a Retul bike fit.

Pretty good adjustments finally took away my knee pain.

Longer pedal spindle, +4mm dura aces.

Shorter stem with more + degree rise.

Most surprising, a new Specialized Power saddle. Hands down the ugliest saddle I have ever seen on a bike, but works for me.

They also set me up with some Specialized BG footbeds and wedges which helped A LOT.

Who here has gotten a bike fit before? Were you happy with the results?

Well, today I got a Retul bike fit.

Pretty good adjustments finally took away my knee pain.

Longer pedal spindle, +4mm dura aces.

Shorter stem with more + degree rise.

Most surprising, a new Specialized Power saddle. Hands down the ugliest saddle I have ever seen on a bike, but works for me.

They also set me up with some Specialized BG footbeds and wedges which helped A LOT.

Who here has gotten a bike fit before? Were you happy with the results?

I am assuming you got a BG fit at a Specialized dealer? I have always wanted to do that, but I know they will try to fcuk with my position, and I like how I sit on the bike. The retul machine is pretty awesome, it is a 15k fitting package without the Retul fit bike. Best system out there for fittings.

Glad you are enjoying the new whip.

I am assuming you got a BG fit at a Specialized dealer? I have always wanted to do that, but I know they will try to fcuk with my position, and I like how I sit on the bike. The retul machine is pretty awesome, it is a 15k fitting package without the Retul fit bike. Best system out there for fittings.

Glad you are enjoying the new whip.

Well. It wasn't sold as a BG fit. But I think it endes up being an overpriced BG fit. I feel ripped the more I do my research on what I got LOL oh well live and learn the new fit with the saddle feels great though. Can't complain.