Any road bikers here?

MrDoctor

Well. It wasn't sold as a BG fit. But I think it endes up being an overpriced BG fit. I feel ripped the more I do my research on what I got LOL oh well live and learn the new fit with the saddle feels great though. Can't complain.

Man, if you feel good on the bike, that is what matters. There isn't that much of a delta in price from one fitter to another man. If you are in Northern California though, you could pop down to Morgan Hill and have them do it at Specialized HQ I think.

Glad you are out giving it a rip though, I need to get back on the bike more.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, if you feel good on the bike, that is what matters. There isn't that much of a delta in price from one fitter to another man. If you are in Northern California though, you could pop down to Morgan Hill and have them do it at Specialized HQ I think.

Glad you are out giving it a rip though, I need to get back on the bike more.

Sweet man, I didn't know that. I might stop by on my Cannondale LOL.

Ya, I haven't seen you posting on Strava! Def. hop back on when you get a chance.

I just went for a 20 mile ride today and was miserable! My bike fit was absolutely horrible, I will never recommend a bike fit to anyone, ever. I completely agree with you, it's all about how you feel on the bike, there is no magic fit solution. I completely undid my bike fit after

I was going to go to a well-known fitter, but he wanted something like $250 and hour, so I went to a guy who trained under him. He wanted about $75 less.

Turned out, the guy really didn't really train under him, he used to be a specialized BG fitter and he works at other shops in the area doing the same fit for longer sessions and cheaper prices.

Basically, this company was using this guys clout to charge more for less. Wish I just stuck to my original plan to go to UC David or CPMC, but didn't have the time to go out there. Also wish I did more research before hand. Lesson learned. Guy spend most time talking and just raised my seat 1 inch. Boom, $350 right there.

Thinking about getting bicycle insurance. Anyone have it?

It's odd, I don't know much about fitting but when I got my bike at city cycles in Sacramento they had me come back in after two weeks of riding for a fitting which was included in new bike purchase. It was amazing, my knee and neck/back pain went away after the fitting.

It's odd, I don't know much about fitting but when I got my bike at city cycles in Sacramento they had me come back in after two weeks of riding for a fitting which was included in new bike purchase. It was amazing, my knee and neck/back pain went away after the fitting.

REI didn't offer fitting on my bike. Maybe they do. Have to look into it.

But my fit after was way worse. Seat too high. Ass sore. Lower back was feeling stiff. Knee is sore also.

I wrote a bad yelp review. Wonder if I should go back to the fitter.

Got some speedplay zero pedals today, don't know why I didn't do this sooner! Knee pain gone on my ride today. Fitter set my saddle too high which created my knee pain, but the lower saddle and new pedals really helped. Needed more float. No pain except when climbing, so I have to take some time off to really evaluate the new adjustments. Awesome.

Got some speedplay zero pedals today, don't know why I didn't do this sooner! Knee pain gone on my ride today. Fitter set my saddle too high which created my knee pain, but the lower saddle and new pedals really helped. Needed more float. No pain except when climbing, so I have to take some time off to really evaluate the new adjustments. Awesome.

I love the speed plays!

I love the speed plays!

+1. Going to order a pair in green with longer spindles today.

No toe numbness. No hot spots. Bless the speedplay gods !

+1. Going to order a pair in green with longer spindles today.

No toe numbness. No hot spots. Bless the speedplay gods !

I have been riding Speedplay pedals since they were created, and my first pair was a development pair. They were sold pucks with the full float. I have been on the Zeros since they came out. I will never ride another pedal. I rode Time pedals for a few years, in my 20's, and loved them, but Speedplay was always a better bet for me. They also don't unclip in a sprint, like EVER.

I have been riding Speedplay pedals since they were created, and my first pair was a development pair. They were sold pucks with the full float. I have been on the Zeros since they came out. I will never ride another pedal. I rode Time pedals for a few years, in my 20's, and loved them, but Speedplay was always a better bet for me. They also don't unclip in a sprint, like EVER.

They feel very solid on sprints and climbs. At first I was concerned about the "skating on ice" feeling, but once you get used to them, they are very solid pedals. They feel like the most secure pedals I've had.

They felt as if your foot would mosh around when trying to sprint or climb, but they actually get more stiff and secure the harder you go imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Been meaning to catch this show, but still haven't. Watched this, 6 million views, and I just saw it 5 mins ago. TopCarbon, how you feel about this :D?

• 2 weeks later...
Mr doctor, you already get tired of riding?

LOL

Too cold for me.

Basketball in the winter. Riding in the summer.

My friend is giving me a ton of crap right now for not riding. I can't do it when it's too cold. Makes it less fun.

LOL

Too cold for me.

Basketball in the winter. Riding in the summer.

My friend is giving me a ton of crap right now for not riding. I can't do it when it's too cold. Makes it less fun.

Right now it's 70 in the morning so it's perfect

Try riding when it's 100 and 100% humidity

Right now it's 70 in the morning so it's perfect

Try riding when it's 100 and 100% humidity

70s is perfect.

100 is too hot! Wtf. Youre a brave man for moving there! Easier to ride in the hot than cold though. At least for me

70s is perfect.

100 is too hot! Wtf. Youre a brave man for moving there! Easier to ride in the hot than cold though. At least for me

I just did a 52 mile day and 3.5 hours and a 74 mile day and 4.5 hours in California. The weather was chilly but with the right gear on, it isn't an issue. YOu gotta roll those winter base miles to have the fitness when the summer comes around!

I just did a 52 mile day and 3.5 hours and a 74 mile day and 4.5 hours in California. The weather was chilly but with the right gear on, it isn't an issue. YOu gotta roll those winter base miles to have the fitness when the summer comes around!

Hm. Maybe illl try to ride tomorrow

Hm. Maybe illl try to ride tomorrow

If you have the right clothes, it makes all the difference. I was in SoCal so it was high 50's low 60's for the rides I did. First time in a year that I didn't want to climb off and pack it in. I love that place.

• 3 months later...

So. Cal Peeps.

I may be headed to So. Cal for some rides next week because I have free time, but it's supposed to rain over here during said free time :( . Spent my whole winter in the gym, time to get outdoors and on the bike!

So far, I have:

Nacimiento-Fergusson Road

Peachy Canyon Road

Santa Rosa Creek Road

Mt. Figueroa

Jalama Road

Gibraltar Road

Tuna Canyon Road Loop

Glendora Ridge Road

Any other rides to check out? This is the site I frequent: http://bestrides.org/rides-by-region/

A lot of his rides are hit and miss though.

So. Cal Peeps.

I may be headed to So. Cal for some rides next week because I have free time, but it's supposed to rain over here during said free time :( . Spent my whole winter in the gym, time to get outdoors and on the bike!

So far, I have:

Nacimiento-Fergusson Road

Peachy Canyon Road

Santa Rosa Creek Road

Mt. Figueroa

Jalama Road

Gibraltar Road

Tuna Canyon Road Loop

Glendora Ridge Road

Any other rides to check out? This is the site I frequent: http://bestrides.org/rides-by-region/

A lot of his rides are hit and miss though.

I know Glendora like the back of my hand, great ride and you can make it as long or short as you want. A buddy of mine just did a ride up Baldy, back across Glendora Ridge, up Azusa, and back down to Home point. He's a beast.

Insanity.jpg

Baldy Mtn. Rd is very good, nice up and back through the foothills.

When are you coming down? The Redlands classic gets started in a few weeks and is always a great event.

If you're looking for a group ride of any kind in the inland area call the guys at www.incycle.com They do various rides leaving from the different shops.

Sweet!

Damn, your friend is a beast! That is a 3 day ride for me LOL. Gotta try Baldy for sure.

I am thinking of leaving here next Wednesday and staying there until Saturday or Sunday.

I have a favorite ride route that I do when I am there. I don't love to climb, and every route you have mentioned is an ass kicker. I do a ride leaving from Westlake Plaza, riding through Hidden Valley/Lynn Road/Hueneme Rd/Los Posas to PCH. Ride PCH until you get to Pepperdine and climb up Malibu Canyon Rd to Agoura Rd and ride that back to Westlake. I think it is around 75 miles, but you can check my Strava account and see it, just page back a few months. The nice part is, if you feel like cutting that loop short, you can turn up any canyon road early (Encinal, Kanan, Latigo) and get back to 23 via Mulholland and drop back down into Westlake to the car.

Also, if you want to see all of the SoCal climbs being ridden, follow Phil Gaimon on Strava. He is a freshly retired Cannondale pro that has taken up a mission to get the KOM times on all the local climbs that were taken by a local performance enhancing drug dealer/user. The rides he has logged are pretty epic.