Gallardo Calipers... same as Brembo GT?

kmb58

I thought I read that these calipers were the same as Brembo GT? Same as Cayman and the like..

can anyone confirm?

Even the early ones? I am most interested in learning of mounting compatibility. I.E> will the Gallardo caliper mount up to a Murcielago hub etc..

Hmm.

Even the early ones? I am most interested in learning of mounting compatibility. I.E> will the Gallardo caliper mount up to a Murcielago hub etc..

Hmm.

I believe several people have put the Gallardo calipers on early murci's, Simonspider the guy with the super high mileage murci who writes for evo I think wrote several articles about doing it, try searching pistonheads for it, but it may be on here as well

Most of the calipers are very different from each other. Different size rotors, mounting points, etc...

Gallardo will work on an Audi R8.

Murcielago CCB calipers up front can work on a Gallardo but you need custom rotors. This stuff gets complicated.

I believe several people have put the Gallardo calipers on early murci's, Simonspider the guy with the super high mileage murci who writes for evo I think wrote several articles about doing it, try searching pistonheads for it, but it may be on here as well

Interesting. To the interwebs I go.

Thank you for your responses (all)

I am working up a Frankenstein project car... just trying to figure out what will go here.. and there.. with minimal fuss.

Here's a good comparison between the Porsche 6 piston Brembo calipers and the Brembo GT 6 piston calipers. Notice the size of the pistons in the moldings of the GT compared to Porsche, even though they are both 6 piston units. Comparison is about halfway down the page:

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-turbo-gt...p40-wheels.html

Also, the Lambo 8 piston calipers use 380mm x 34mm rotors and the Brembo GT Murci kit uses 405mm x 34mm rotors.