Where to go for Countach service in Orlando?

Sandy de Groot

Hi FL Lambo people, we have a Countach customer who is moving to Orlando this month. Looking for help referring him to THE BEST shop in the area for taking care of his Lamborghini after he spent a pile of $$$ getting her back on the road after a (very) long sleep. We anticipate the car may be only 99% 'there' when it leaves our shop and want to minimize any negative impact on the thrill he's going to experience after looking at his Countach in the garage for 15 years. Your honest, unbiased input is much appreciated! Please post or PM, many thanks in advance!

countachinterior.jpg

So I guess Fields Motorcars Orlando is the place to go. The only place to go by the looks of it. Or TeeTruss. Any place else?

So I guess Fields Motorcars Orlando is the place to go. The only place to go by the looks of it. Or TeeTruss. Any place else?

I've dealt with Fields guy in sales, but not their service. I'm not sure how confident I would be, but hopefully others can chime in. I can't believe there isn't a good indy shop around that could make the difference.

I've dealt with Fields guy in sales, but not their service. I'm not sure how confident I would be, but hopefully others can chime in. I can't believe there isn't a good indy shop around that could make the difference.

I'll encourage our client to join up here and find out where local Countach owners go. There must be an Orlando C&C for Lamborghini owners, too? I doubt most Lamborghini dealerships would jump for joy if a Countach pulled in for service.

• 5 weeks later...

Have used Fields for my oil changes and such on my 08 Super G. Clean place, good staff, felt they took good care of the ride and facility was clean and professional.

For a countach I'd spend the money and have it towed to Steve Claassen at tropical sports cars in Fort Lauderdale or to Tim Stanford, again in Fort Lauderdale. I don't think there is a single current franchised dealer that I'd trust with a countach.

Steve knows the CT like the back of his hand and has very good factory hookups for vintage parts. He's also restored several vintage Lambos. Tim has been around since the beginning of time, he's a ferrari guy but he knows the older L cars as well.

For a countach I'd spend the money and have it towed to Steve Claassen at tropical sports cars in Fort Lauderdale or to Tim Stanford, again in Fort Lauderdale. I don't think there is a single current franchised dealer that I'd trust with a countach.

Steve knows the CT like the back of his hand and has very good factory hookups for vintage parts. He's also restored several vintage Lambos. Tim has been around since the beginning of time, he's a ferrari guy but he knows the older L cars as well.

I agree. I would never use a dealer to service a Countach. I.used Steve when I lived in Fl.

Have used Fields for my oil changes and such on my 08 Super G. Clean place, good staff, felt they took good care of the ride and facility was clean and professional.

I agree. I would never use a dealer to service a Countach. I.used Steve when I lived in Fl.

Guys, really appreciate the responses. Sent them on to Dave, who I encouraged to join up here for help maintaining his beautiful classic Lambo. Wil's comment 'I was working on these cars when they were new, most young guys at dealerships hadn't even been born yet'. Not slagging off young guys at all, but dealerships sell cars or provide service for their customers who buy new, whereas good independents occupy a whole other niche and tend to be respectful of the classics. IMHO

12074976_10153594613159223_7706724570328492567_n.jpg

12088535_10153594613094223_1884413072289636640_n.jpg

I'll encourage our client to join up here and find out where local Countach owners go. There must be an Orlando C&C for Lamborghini owners, too? I doubt most Lamborghini dealerships would jump for joy if a Countach pulled in for service.

There is a C&C in Celebration but I have not seen a Countach there. He may want to go to Celebration Exotic Car Festival and talk to the owners there and see where they take them.

There is a C&C in Celebration but I have not seen a Countach there. He may want to go to Celebration Exotic Car Festival and talk to the owners there and see where they take them.

Cheers, Irvin. Passing this on.

I forgot that Festival of Speed is next weekend (12/6/15) at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando as well, which is worth going to if he's in town.

I forgot that Festival of Speed is next weekend (12/6/15) at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando as well, which is worth going to if he's in town.

Wow, thanks! Forwarding.

I wish we could be there....we are going to a big 'Driven by Purpose' Toys4Tots rally to a gokart place in Jersey City on Dec 6. After that I think events are over until Spring for the NE while we shovel and wait for salt to wash off. Florida sounds pretty good around this time of year!

Here's the link for the Jersey City event. It will probably be huge!

http://shoutout.wix.com/so/6L3nIGnt#/main