Time for new SUV, What do you guys suggest?

AJGlobal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ML's too small. We are going to take ride to the dealership tonight, I just don't like going there and driving anything cause they know I have my dealers license, thats why I sent her alone. Toss up between the escy and the RR.

Yeah I won't pick one up with more than 10 or 15k miles on it. warranty is 50k miles. We got the escy with 8k miles in August of '03 and it sits now with alomst 58k on it. Thats the only problem living out here man it takes forever to get anywhere cause everything is spread out so miles add up quick. I got my benz Sept 1st of '04 and it has 15k miles on it already.

What about a Denali or Denali XL??

Classier than Escalade, maybe better quality as well.

And if it means anything, the GM trucks take to customizing (rims, sound systems) far better than the others.

:)

My neighbor has a denali, the GMC's do hold thier value pretty good too. I'll have look into those. Its basically the same as an escy just different body style

I had a 02 sequoia ...loved it,traded for 04 land cruiser...like it,but liked the sequoia better. 04 cruiser loaded,less than 9,000 miles for sale $52,000. nothing lasts like a toyota.

Isn't the ML a bit small for you?

Not too small for me.... We love them... We have one kid and a 100 pound dog... and we all fit fine... With room for two more people...

Of course- I dont LIKE really big vehicles...

After further looking into we decided to get another Escalade for now. The range rover HSE just does not have the room we need in the back and there is really nothing else out there in size that compares that we like. We even looked at the navigator but I just can't stand Ford products and don't like the way the outside of it looks anyways. The '03 escy is up for sale and we are looking for a nice '05 or may even get an '06.

After further looking into we decided to get another Escalade for now. The range rover HSE just does not have the room we need in the back and there is really nothing else out there in size that compares that we like. We even looked at the navigator but I just can't stand Ford products and don't like the way the outside of it looks anyways. The '03 escy is up for sale and we are looking for a nice '05 or may even get an '06.

You might want to think twice about an 05 or 06 Escalade, the model changes in 07. ( should be in showrooms next Summer as an 07 model )

-James Miller

I get one from the auction, an '05 with about 6 or 7k miles on it. I have my used car dealers license, something I do on the side. They are selling for around $40 to $42k loaded. Slap a dealer plate on it and be done. I could have gotten a base model one with 10k miles last week for $38,800 but passed on it. She wants the TV and Nav and the roof, etc etc.

I have the same issue with the dogs and the problem with the Rover is the back slants down and it really doesn't have much room. We have a G500 and since it is a box it has alot of height in the rear. I also drove the Q56 the other day for my wife and that thing is sweet for the money. It comes loaded with DVD nav, Rear DVD player power hatch power pedals etc. Some of the colors actually look pretty good. I would take her to drive one. It can probably be bought at auction with low miles for 40k.

Someone posted in this tread about the interior of the Q56, said it was kind of plasticy and cheap looking for the money. I have seen one and looked inside, don't like the looks of it though.

Range Rover Supercharged (not sport)

Mercedes G55 AMG 5.5L Supercharged v8 pushing 500hp *my kind of truck*

Range Rover Supercharged (not sport)

Mercedes G55 AMG 5.5L Supercharged v8 pushing 500hp *my kind of truck*

not for the wife, but good suggestion

Ah for the wife, well I would go with the Range Rover HSE. I was ready to purchase a 2005 HSE Westminister this spring, but decided to wait and see what else the SUV market will bring. I am really into the high powerd luxury trucks, that have capability like the G55, HSE etc.. The Cayenne while being a ugly car, is not as capable off-road as the ones I mentioned.

I would look into the HSE you will not be disappointed, the Range Rover Supercharged. Is not using the 4.4 BMW motor no long, but rather a supercharged Jag motor that is pumping out some decent power. It is not a sports SUV, it will get eaten by Cayenne Turbo, g55, 4.8Is etc. etc.

yeah we are going to stick with another escy for now. already started looking. thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

You should check out the G class, and the Range Rover. It will be head and hells above the Escalade.