SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

My dealer would not do anything to resolve this issue. I think they were worried about the potential liability from changing a highly regulated item (at least here in the U.S.) in the car like the seat - i guess I can understand that. I brought my car to a local race shop, and they did take out the seat to take measurements to make new custom rails. They said that the seat is basically right on the floor with the stock rails, so it can't be lowered meaningfully. Given that, they then thought if we could just recline the seat some, it would allow more headroom. However, they concluded that, because of the shape/design of the seat, there is not enough clearance behind the seat to allow it to recline more than a fraction of an inch.

I am curious if your dealer knows something that my racing shop did not see. If so, I would love to solve this problem without replacing the seats.

The raceshop doesn't sound truthful.

The standard Aventador has been complied in crash tests with the seat rail holes in a certain spots in the floor. The rails for the comfort seats bolt straight into those holes, just like with the standard Aventador seats.

The SV seats are narrower, so instead of complying for new crash tests with new rail holes in the floor, lambo made another set of narrower rails that attach on top of the standard rails.

It's a simple mod. Both lambo rails get binned, customs ones made to fit the holes and the SV seats. The angle will be changed to recline ten inches for me (plenty of room to do that - you move the seat forward and then you recline it). We did all the measurements "live" and there were no problems.

I am 5'11 and 270lbs (ex-bodybuilder).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The raceshop doesn't sound truthful.

The standard Aventador has been complied in crash tests with the seat rail holes in a certain spots in the floor. The rails for the comfort seats bolt straight into those holes, just like with the standard Aventador seats.

The SV seats are narrower, so instead of complying for new crash tests with new rail holes in the floor, lambo made another set of narrower rails that attach on top of the standard rails.

It's a simple mod. Both lambo rails get binned, customs ones made to fit the holes and the SV seats. The angle will be changed to recline ten inches for me (plenty of room to do that - you move the seat forward and then you recline it). We did all the measurements "live" and there were no problems.

I am 5'11 and 270lbs (ex-bodybuilder).

That is probably the issue for me. I am 6'5". I barely have enough legroom with the seat all the way back. I could not move the seat forward in order to be able to get the space behind to recline it.

That is probably the issue for me. I am 6'5". I barely have enough legroom with the seat all the way back. I could not move the seat forward in order to be able to get the space behind to recline it.

I'd cry if I were you :P

I'd cry if I were you :P

I have been. Having gotten that out of my system, I am now moving forward to solve the problem.