SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

Well, after lending my SV to Xpel for their booth in SEMA I finally have it home. I put a couple hundred of miles on it and love the car. Vastly improved over the 2012 I had. So far the only thing I don't like (hate in fact) are the sport seats. I'm 6'4" and 205 lbs, and with no adjustments, other than forward/back, I can't get comfortable. They're tight, sit very up right and are just plain uncomfortable. I can't imagine anyone any bigger liking them either.

I was worried about this, and they felt ok at the factory, but after driving a few miles I am looking for options.

Anyone else have this issue? Any options? I'm looking to see if I can make a bracket to put some tilt to the seat to see if that helps. Also have an email to the dealer to see if comfort seats can be purchased aftermarket of what other options there are...

Thanks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This debate is very popular.

Many have said "it's like women and their expensive shoes, they hurt while they wear them but they're worth it because they look good and sexy!"

Since the SV is or will not be people's daily, many SV buyers are selecting the racing seats due to style and appearance.

I'm sure you can get an aftermarket seats. Also, I'm sure you can purchase comfort seats directly from Lamborghini after sales in their Accessory department but your comfort seats will not be electric, heated because those options would need to be prewired during built.

Keep us updated.

The carbon buckets in the 570's have a single adjustment to raise the front about an inch.

This effectively reclines it just enough to make it a little comfortable.

Take a look at the brackets right where the bolts go through the bracket and into the seats. Look for an additional set holes below the front bolts, if there is it's an easy adjustment.

The carbon buckets in the 570's have a single adjustment to raise the front about an inch.

This effectively reclines it just enough to make it a little comfortable.

Take a look at the brackets right where the bolts go through the bracket and into the seats. Look for an additional set holes below the front bolts, if there is it's an easy adjustment.

The Superleggera and Performante racing carbon fiber seats are MUCH more cushy, comfy and padded Han the SV CF racing seats.

SV CF racing seats are really hard!

I am the same size as you, and I have the same issue. Don't have nearly as much headroom or legroom in my SV as I had in the factory demo that I sat in prior to ordering mine. In fact, my head is up against the headliner. I have continued to ask my dealer to find out why the factory car had so much more room than mine.

I was just told yesterday that my dealer's service manager has found a way to move the seat back a couple more inches and to tilt it back a little bit, enough to make a real difference. I will try to talk with him today to see how to do it, and let you know what I find out.

I am the same size as you, and I have the same issue. Don't have nearly as much headroom or legroom in my SV as I had in the factory demo that I sat in prior to ordering mine. In fact, my head is up against the headliner. I have continued to ask my dealer to find out why the factory car had so much more room than mine.

I was just told yesterday that my dealer's service manager has found a way to move the seat back a couple more inches and to tilt it back a little bit, enough to make a real difference. I will try to talk with him today to see how to do it, and let you know what I find out.

Update?

IMO none of that will help. The seat itself is just painful. Technocraft seats are much more comfortable and retain the race look. They now even have a more forgiving seat option for larger people.

And wait until you price comfort seats from the factory,lol!

IMO none of that will help. The seat itself is just painful. Technocraft seats are much more comfortable and retain the race look. They now even have a more forgiving seat option for larger people.

And wait until you price comfort seats from the factory,lol!

do you have a pic of these seats?

do you have a pic of these seats?

Same ones I have in my orange Lambo. They are pretty good. buy the SV with the race seats for resale, spend another $5K-$6K for the technocraft seats if you must and then you can put the SV race seats back in when you sell it. I would just rock the SV race seats and deal with it personally.

Same ones I have in my orange Lambo. They are pretty good. buy the SV with the race seats for resale, spend another $5K-$6K for the technocraft seats if you must and then you can put the SV race seats back in when you sell it. I would just rock the SV race seats and deal with it personally.

:icon_thumleft: actually the race seats come standard! good idea

my order is on lock down so either way I'm done.. lol

http://www.tecnocraft.com/Tecnocraft-T2-Dr...r-Seat-P39.aspx

Called them today, sales guy was was going to check to make sure they have rail kits for Aventadors.

Please keep us posted. I might have to go this route as well. Order is locked for sport. Hoping my old ass can still take a beating. Hell, if it rides anything like the Diablo, I will have no issues.

For me, it is more the lack of headroom and leg room that is the major problem. I can take the hardness of the seat. I am hoping that being able to slide the seat back a couple more inches will solve my problem.

Please keep us posted. I might have to go this route as well. Order is locked for sport. Hoping my old ass can still take a beating. Hell, if it rides anything like the Diablo, I will have no issues.

Paid the price in the Mclaren with electric heated seats motors and wiring - put me right in line with the visor.

Will pay the price for a lil pain for better vision - eye's have it over the buttox.

Comfort seats come full power and heated!!! Heated is a must for a roadster in Canada lol

If you want the comfort seats, be sure to order your SV that way. If you order it with the Sport seats, it will not be wired for the comfort seats. You can switch them for comfort seats later, but they will not be powered.

I'm still waiting on options from the dealer...

It's not the hardness for me, but the lack of adjust-ability makes it painful on my back. My Diablo SV and even my Countach are more comfortable, and that's saying a lot if you've ever driven a Countach.

Thanks for all of the other updates.

Spoke with them yesterday and they should have kits available in 3 weeks. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get you in touch with them to get your name on list.

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want after market seats in such a rare car.

I'm with you. Make up your mind but buying a car and changing out the seats for aftermarket ones is crazy.

I'm with you. Make up your mind but buying a car and changing out the seats for aftermarket ones is crazy.

Tell you what, you guys start paying for my cars and I'll start doing it your way.

Until then..........

I'm surprised Lambo doesn't just prewire for the comfort even if race seats are specified. Would be easier then having two different procedures for the assembly line to follow

I'm surprised Lambo doesn't just prewire for the comfort even if race seats are specified. Would be easier then having two different procedures for the assembly line to follow

Parts not used = money saved. And Lambo has the perfect excuse to pull it off: we wish to optimize weight reduction on the SV by omitting all unnecessary components.

Lambo's modernized factory has basically been digitized. Each car has its own individual and exclusive "parts bin" so workers just scan the bar code which corresponds to the bin containing the parts for that particular car. They then simply bolt on whatever accordingly.