Countach Tire Pressures

Allan-Herbie

Just a public service announcement. I maybe the only one who hasn't checked his pressures in forever, but after getting a flat I figured now was a good time. My front presures read at 20psi, and my rear at 25.. The factory recommends I believe 40 for the rear, and 38 upfront. I decided to go 38 in the rear, and 35 upfront.. What a difference. Its like I have power steering now! :icon_mrgreen: All kidding aside, massive difference. Dare I say that anything but a crawl, steering feels "light" . And crawling effort massively reduced.

Just a public service announcement. I maybe the only one who hasn't checked his pressures in forever, but after getting a flat I figured now was a good time. My front presures read at 20psi, and my rear at 25.. The factory recommends I believe 40 for the rear, and 38 upfront. I decided to go 38 in the rear, and 35 upfront.. What a difference. Its like I have power steering now! :icon_mrgreen: All kidding aside, massive difference. Dare I say that anything but a crawl, steering feels "light" . And crawling effort massively reduced.

I bet you noticed the difference in handling right away as well as you must have had a good bit of under-steer with 20 psi in the fronts.

I myself will run on the upper end for air pressures as it does make a noticeable difference in steering effort, handling and rolling resistance.

I run mine at 38/40

Get yourself a Tyre pressure monitor system. Plenty on the bay of E. Wireless that plug into the cigarette socket and the valve sensors are quite small too.

R

I run mine at 38/40

Get yourself a Tyre pressure monitor system. Plenty on the bay of E. Wireless that plug into the cigarette socket and the valve sensors are quite small too.

R

Good idea! Will do

I check mine before every drive like an anal retentive lunatic, so they are never low.

I do run 35psi front and 38 psi rear. I dropped them slightly all around, because on may last set of Pirelli's, running factory recommended pressures, the tires wore a little too much in the middle, generally indicating over inflation.

We will see if the adjustment makes a difference in tire wear.

This is the TPMS I bought for our RV. It works great! I run the RV tires at 100psi, so this unit is fantastic for monitoring all 6 tires.

The only thing that would suck about using this on the Countach, is the transmitters screw right onto the valve stem. I would think they would look silly on a Countach, whereas the RV tires are so big you don't notice them! LOL!!

I wonder if you can get the TPMS sensors that mount inside the wheel (like my Maserati Quattroporte has)?

http://eezrvproduct.com/TIRE-PRESSURE-AND-...EZ-RV-TPMS6.htm

Mike

By the way, I run my Countach with 38 front, 40 rear.

The Steelmate Tpms valve sensors seem to be the smallest and are available in a silver colour. The black ones of other vendors seem bigger.

There are plenty of sensors that mount inside the wheel. Only downside is to remove and refit the tyres

R

I just check tire pressures occasionally or before each drive (if car sits for a while) I guess that is the way we have been doing it for the last 100 years :)