Exhaust idea for 6.2 that I haven't seen yet, have you?

Stimpy

So I am having a hard time believing I am going to find an exhaust system that won't drive my g/f nuts being too loud, won't drive me nuts by droning at 2K RPM, still have a good racy sound, not stink without cats, and not cost $20K.

So has anyone tried this idea:

Use FabSpeed Primary Cat Bypass with valves: http://www.fabspeed.com/lamborghini-murcie...atbypass-pipes/

Keep the stock secondaries

Keep the stock monster muffler

Use Larini slash cut tips with split entry: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Murcie...8435058?vxp=mtr

Then connect the valved bypass output directly to the Larini cut tips entry and hook up a vacuum actuator with a switch in the console.

I could then switch between flat out straight pipes and stock muffler with secondary cats.

Anyone do this?

So basically an LP640 setup

Yes, but without the primary cats in an LP640 setup.

It looks like everything lines up the same to use the LP640 specs in the Murci, but I am not a 100% sure the bumper opening lines up the same.

Does anyone know of anyone that has taken this route?

I am also having trouble finding videos of 6.2's with no cats and straight out with no xpipe or resonators or anything else.

So I don't know if the noise that will come out when the valves are open will be a noise anyone will want to hear.

Surely, I can't be the first one to come up with the idea of putting a parts intended for a LP640 on to a 6.2 to get a valved exhaust for a 10th of the price of what people like Kressieg want to charge. So someone has to have tried it, or heard it :eusa_think:

Stimpy I think the muffler itself is the same just the 640 rear tip is different. I'm almost 100% 640 parts would work but the muffler is so heavy. Straight pipes are loud as hell tho for daily driving. Optimal would be... Front cat delete, sport secondaries, and a sport muffler with a bypass. This way the gasses can get some velocity before hitting the cats. Not sure about scavenging effects but the Murci engine is a 50 year old design so would probably react well to enhanced breathing as opposed to new engines designed from scratch with all the epa stuff

Stimpy I think the muffler itself is the same just the 640 rear tip is different. I'm almost 100% 640 parts would work but the muffler is so heavy. Straight pipes are loud as hell tho for daily driving. Optimal would be... Front cat delete, sport secondaries, and a sport muffler with a bypass. This way the gasses can get some velocity before hitting the cats. Not sure about scavenging effects but the Murci engine is a 50 year old design so would probably react well to enhanced breathing as opposed to new engines designed from scratch with all the epa stuff

Thanks!

The problem with sport mufflers is my car likes to drone, but the stock muffler fixes that while any sport mufflers don't. I am almost 50, so I have done the hot rodding thing to death (lucky to still be alive and not killed myself or anyone else, or even ever had an any kind of accident), so I am ok with driving around an extra passenger in the form of the heaviest muffler ever put in a passenger vehicle.

Opening up the valves would probably be pretty rare for me and just for showing people the car, or coffee and car events where they love to hear them some exhaust.

Titanium vs. mild steel will do that to the price.

Titanium really seems like overkill for these cars over other conventional materials because it's not that big of a system to make enough of a weight difference to justify the cost, and these cars live a much easier life than regular daily drivers that seem to last just fine these days without titanium (not like exhausts from the 70's and earlier).

• 5 weeks later...

mine was running just a primary cat (euro cars never had the secondary); and the rear muffler was replaced with a quicksilver set up (pipes, no cross over); finished with LP640 tip.

These are the quicksilver pipes:

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Lamborg...uctbulletin.htm

and this is a video a car spotter in London made of my car where you can hear it idle and also drive:

Well, this whole project is close to happening.

I am waiting on the new Fabspeed sport cats with valves, and I will have everything I need to try it out. The cats are finally supposed to ship on Monday -- so please don't disappoint Fabspeed :eusa_naughty:

The remote control vacuum valve is in hand and fully tested as working. It has great range on the remotes, and I will be able to change the exhaust sound from inside or standing outside the car.

The Larini exhaust tips with the bypass branch are here, and they are a big styling upgrade with 4.5" vs 4" tips, which is a big difference with just an 1/2 inch. And they are slash cut which is much nicer in my opinion.

When I dry fitted the exhaust tips, everything looks good and roomy for the tips to connect to the valve bypass. I was worried the sway bar or parking brake would be in the way, but I don't see them being even close.

And even though the tips are for a LP640, and the LP640 bumper is different, the exhaust cut out is the same on both bumpers and the tips line up nicely, including being a little longer so they come out to the edge of the bumper more, but don't protrude past it.

The tips are so nice that even if this whole project fails, I will cap off the extra port and use them anyway. And the great part is that I got them on eBay brand new from a seller in the UK that sold them for only $700, even though they list closer to $3K.

Wish me luck! I am not looking forward to changing the primaries, but if the end result sounds like your car Oz when I press the B button on the remote, and sounds like a pussy cat when I press the A button, it will all have been worth it.

2016_02_23_00.24.31.jpg

2016_02_19_12.13.29.jpg

2016_02_23_00.26.24.jpg

2016_02_28_09.34.32.jpg

LP640_Sport_Cats_Product__37677.1414706357.1280.1280.jpg

Me and a buddy actually did something similar but backwards.

We had fab speed make us a lp640 primary cat bypass without valves basically a Murcielago test pipe but made for lp640, then we removed the entire exhaust system except modified the factory lp640 exhaust tips so they don't have any other openings besides the primary straight pipes. Fab speed had to make it a couple times for us but finally did it perfect.

We now have a complete straight exhaust from headers into just the oem lp640 exhaust tip which is now the coolest sounding v12 you'll ever hear! We have no check engine lights, saved who knows maybe 150lbs or more, more power and has the coolest over run blurp from the exhaust on shifts.

Well, it looks like the big tear down will happen this weekend. The final piece of the puzzle will come on Thursday. Hopefully it will all go together on the first try. (:praying:)

2016_03_01_17.44.50.png