Latest nerdy space photo

Kerplop

Spent the night outside taking some photos of orion.

19x 3 min lights

5x 3 min darks

19x 1/4000 bias

Processed in pixinsight. Happy with the results. One of my favorites of Orion I've taken yet.

#thisiswhyimsinglebecausewomendontdatenerdslikeme

dHvpfrC.jpg

dAzRbCe.jpg

Reminds me of the skies when you're out to sea. The skies can be so bright at night when you're on the ocean that you could read a book under the stars. It's really crazy how you can see all of the gasses and what not!

And funny you posted this. I just finished The Martian. :icon_thumleft:

Looks awesome!

Do you do any other post editing aside from PixInSight? Just curious if you're trying to keep it all natural or haven't bothered with messing with the pics in another program.

dHvpfrC.jpg

Looks awesome!

Do you do any other post editing aside from PixInSight? Just curious if you're trying to keep it all natural or haven't bothered with messing with the pics in another program.

I only use pixinsight these days because of the color calibration. I previously used a mixture of DSS (Deep Sky Stacker), Photoshop and Pixinsight. Pixinsight added batch scripts for preprocessing and stacking which retain the color perfectly and allow for far superior color calibration, as well as retain the original photo sizes. So I only use pixinsight anymore. It's become my one stop shop for everything.

Very cool D! How do you even find the time for all your hobbies?! You work don't you?! :lol2:

Well, considering this is all done at night, I manage to make time haha.