Euro tail lamp conversion

4xchamp

I'm installing Euro lamps. I bought all parts from Bullstuff. Does this look right? They don't fit very well so we will have to make adjustments. My concern is what prevents water from getting in between the lens and the reflector panel where the actual lamps come through? Can someone please post a close up of their rear light?

I don't remember my other Countaches having a sealant bead between the rectangular lights and the panels. Stumped......

post-20654-1456793379_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm installing Euro lamps. I bought all parts from Bullstuff. Does this look right? They don't fit very well so we will have to make adjustments. My concern is what prevents water from getting in between the lens and the reflector panel where the actual lamps come through? Can someone please post a close up of their rear light?

I don't remember my other Countaches having a sealant bead between the rectangular lights and the panels. Stumped......

Took these pics for you. Did you use the silver backing that goes between the plexiglass and body?

20160229_181708_001_resized.jpg

20160229_181713_resized.jpg

20160229_181719_resized.jpg

Took these pics for you. Did you use the silver backing that goes between the plexiglass and body?

Thank you.

Yes I did use the the silver backing. I can immediately see the pattern on your backing is different and the lamp cutouts are more precise. All my parts came out of Lamborghini packaging so I presume they are correct. One problem is we could file the lamp holes in the plexi larger but smaller no way, and the holes are slightly large. The pattern on the backing I'm not sure what's up. I'll call Bullstuff and ask why.

Is there a sealant around your rectangular lights and the large red panel? If not what prevents water from getting in between the panels and silver backing?

Thanks again, good photos

Thank you.

Yes I did use the the silver backing. I can immediately see the pattern on your backing is different and the lamp cutouts are more precise. All my parts came out of Lamborghini packaging so I presume they are correct. One problem is we could file the lamp holes in the plexi larger but smaller no way, and the holes are slightly large. The pattern on the backing I'm not sure what's up. I'll call Bullstuff and ask why.

Is there a sealant around your rectangular lights and the large red panel? If not what prevents water from getting in between the panels and silver backing?

Ill try and take a better look in between the seams tomorrow and see if there is anything I can see between the lights.

I think there is a difference between the early cars and later on the silver backing. Maybe yours is from an earlier car? Also the small rectangular reflector is available at Walmart for $2. Not exact, but really close if you can't find the original.

The pattern on the backing I'm not sure what's up. I'll call Bullstuff and ask why.

I do not recognize the pattern on your tail lights being correct as mine on my 1984 LP5000S are just like Allan's.

Another thing I noticed on yours is that you are missing the rectangular reflector under the three light lens.

This is a separate item that glues to the larger lens cover.

As far as sealant between the three lenses and the large red translucent lens cover there is none.

The sealant or epoxy only goes around the perimeter of the large red translucent lens cover.

If you notice on Allan's the very bottom was corner was left open when installed to allow any water to weep out.

I think there is a difference between the early cars and later on the silver backing. Maybe yours is from an earlier car? Also the small rectangular reflector is available at Walmart for $2. Not exact, but really close if you can't find the original.

I bought the OE reflectors

I do not recognize the pattern on your tail lights being correct as mine on my 1984 LP5000S are just like Allan's.

Another thing I noticed on yours is that you are missing the rectangular reflector under the three light lens.

This is a separate item that glues to the larger lens cover.

As far as sealant between the three lenses and the large red translucent lens cover there is none.

The sealant or epoxy only goes around the perimeter of the large red translucent lens cover.

If you notice on Allan's the very bottom was corner was left open when installed to allow any water to weep out.

My other Countaches, one which I bought new had no weep hole for sure, I'm positive. If water passes through how would you clean in there? I looked at the parts diagram and it shows no seal.

My other Countaches, one which I bought new had no weep hole for sure, I'm positive. If water passes through how would you clean in there? I looked at the parts diagram and it shows no seal.

The weep hole on Allan's Countach is not factory.

Allan had his car converted to Euro specs by George Evans a couple years ago and it is my thought that George intentionally left a weep hole so the water and soap could drain out.

I can guarantee you that there is no silicon or sealant between the three lights and the large red lens cover.

And when you wash the car soap and water will collect and over time it will look poor. Ask me how I know? Just look at the photos and leave a weep hole after you get the correct backing plates.

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

This is how they have to be: sealant around the big reflector, no rubber, just a sealant. I placed also some sealant around the three rear lights, but that wasn't from factory. Alan's picture is not correct, Redlambo pictures show how they have to be.

I have the two big euro reflectors, still sealed in Lamborghini bag with the invoice: I got them for spare for my Countach. Now I can sell them if somebody needs them.

ciao

This is how they have to be: sealant around the big reflector, no rubber, just a sealant. I placed also some sealant around the three rear lights, but that wasn't from factory. Alan's picture is not correct, Redlambo pictures show how they have to be.

I have the two big euro reflectors, still sealed in Lamborghini bag with the invoice: I got them for spare for my Countach. Now I can sell them if somebody needs them.

ciao

Hello Albert how are you doing?

Hope all is well. It is nice to see you stop in here.

Don't be such a stranger. Sincerely Vic

Hello Albert how are you doing?

Hope all is well. It is nice to see you stop in here.

Don't be such a stranger. Sincerely Vic

Hi Vic, I 'm fine, thanks. It's really a problem for me to write here. I needed almost two years to have the courage to write here.

I started in other discussions and now finally I write something in the Countach section as I miss my old loved scrap. I hope to improve in the future!

I really miss you all.

Ciao

Correct, my car was converted by George Evans using factory parts.

I bought all factory parts also, the fit is not great. Red Lambo lights fit much better. My reflectors are also right out of Lambo packaging. I read elsewhere the reflectors came in two styles and that mine is also correct. Does anyone know?

I bought all factory parts also, the fit is not great. Red Lambo lights fit much better. My reflectors are also right out of Lambo packaging. I read elsewhere the reflectors came in two styles and that mine is also correct. Does anyone know?

I've never seen that type of reflector before. Has anyone else?

I've never seen that type of reflector before. Has anyone else?

No never. If you look on ebay they show up as Lamborghini Countach Lh Rear Headlight Reflector Panel **New Version** $157.98

The OEMs are available on ebay as well, Lamborghini NOS OEM Countach Rear Headlight Reflector Panel for $806.99 that should be a big red flag right there a $649 difference in price.

Personally I think they are reproductions packaged in a Lamborghini Logo-ed to look like OEM.

No never. If you look on ebay they show up as Lamborghini Countach Lh Rear Headlight Reflector Panel **New Version** $157.98

The OEMs are available on ebay as well, Lamborghini NOS OEM Countach Rear Headlight Reflector Panel for $806.99 that should be a big red flag right there a $649 difference in price.

Personally I think they are reproductions packaged in a Lamborghini Logo-ed to look like OEM.

The parts all came from bull stuff in lambo packaging with correct part numbers. I doubt they would...... And I saw the 800 reflector. What good is one?

Alberto, good to see you again. Sad when a long time owner/contributor sells his car and leaves.

Alberto, good to

see you again. Sad when a long time owner/contributor sells his car and leaves.

Thanks, Peter. I haven't any Bull at home but I have some donkeys: I'm not alone yet.

Ciao

The quality of this part is horrendous. It's as bad as a Chinese body kit! I'm almost wondering if it actually came from Lamborghini.....

post-20654-1457794488_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1457794502_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1457794513_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1457794534_thumb.jpg

What do those speedmasters belong to?

Wow! Good eye! #5's freshened by Brian @ Offshore.

Belong to my 1986 Chris Cat race boat. I've been through many boats, but after 28 years the Chris, my most successful racer, is still my baby.

What about the bogus bumper assy? Fitting it up is will be a challenge.

Wow! Good eye! #5's freshened by Brian @ Offshore.

Belong to my 1986 Chris Cat race boat. I've been through many boats, but after 28 years the Chris, my most successful racer, is still my baby.

What about the bogus bumper assy? Fitting it up is will be a challenge.

That explains the spacers. I had lots of friends that raced shadow cats (United racing, el boss, American Dream etc). What's the name of your boat?