'68 GT6 Triumph

TeeTruss

So living in the wonderful city of Los Angeles, in West Hollywood I see every type of cars out there. the only thing that make me happy here are Lambos, but I saw a car and talk to the owner..... I have never been so so so? idk I was so happy and loved this car, made me happy, the shape the sound everything!! 68 gt6 TRIUMPH . The guy loved his own car witch made it that much better, Now I want one. I think a 68 gt6 is on my list.

The first car that has made me happy to see other then a lambo

So living in the wonderful city of Los Angeles, in West Hollywood I see every type of cars out there. the only thing that make me happy here are Lambos, but I saw a car and talk to the owner..... I have never been so so so? idk I was so happy and loved this car, made me happy, the shape the sound everything!! 68 gt6 TRIUMPH . The guy loved his own car witch made it that much better, Now I want one. I think a 68 gt6 is on my list.

The first car that has made me happy to see other then a lambo

I remember them from my youth in England. Seem to recollect them typically being either green, blue or yellow.

Although quite good looking the engineering was very agricultural and I seem to remember that they had some major problems.

Rear suspension and rust in the chassis outriggers are the two that come to mind.

Although they use a 2 liter 6 engine they are very slow by todays standards.

Although not a gt6 I also remember being in a spitfire (that looks like a gt6 without a roof and has a 4 cylinder engine) with my mother driving when she plowed into the back of my fathers Jaguar that she was following.

In those days we would have my Mother driving and 3 of us kids, 2 in the front seat and one crammed behind the seats. Instant jail in todays society and a recipe for dead kids. Luckily not us as we were going quite slow,

Good luck with your search and beware of 1 rust and 2 the lord of darkness, Lord Lucas electrics

Yes - always loved the GT6 ( MK III ) ..... but not enough to buy one .....they're just too.....old!

Mind you I bet the example you saw was in good nick out in that part of the world?

I saw a guy autocrossing a 60's Triumph here in Hawaii a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was original, but this thing was being driven the way all sports cars should. :icon_super:

The poor man's XKE. I would like one as well. I've owned numerous British cars. Easy to work on, and parts availability is great.

Special place in my heart for Triumph. I grew up riding in the passenger seat and back bench of a Spitfire. My mom sold the car and then bought it back again. Great memories. She finally gave it up for good. I think it was eventually scraped for parts. My first sports car was a Lotus Elise. Thanks mom for the British car bug.