Baby seat recommendations

profunctional

anyone got recommendations for a toddler carseat that will fit in an Aventador? weather is getting nice and since he was born I been driving the truck more. Now that he can walk it would be cool to take him on short errands with me. thx.

I would NOT personally place a rear facing carseat in a two door car. As far as a forward facing, like Fortis, I like the Recaro offerings.

What is the typical age you can be ok with having them ride forward facing in a 2 seater like that? I am dying to have my (soon to be born) son ride around with me.

What is the typical age you can be ok with having them ride forward facing in a 2 seater like that? I am dying to have my (soon to be born) son ride around with me.

There is a certain age when they can switch from rear facing to front facing. I think it's 2 years or 20 lbs. at that time it shoud be fine as long as you turn off the passenger airbag.

There is a certain age when they can switch from rear facing to front facing. I think it's 2 years or 20 lbs. at that time it shoud be fine as long as you turn off the passenger airbag.

@Assman - what is the risk with rear-facing vs forward? Seems safer backwards.

It is safer if the child is in a back seat. Presumably in a front end collision the front of the car will not intrude into where the child is in the rear whereas a rear facing seat in the front (such as a 2 seater), if the dash is pushed into the child seat the child gets between the child car seat and the automobile seat.

Given the shape of a rear facing seat you'll notice that the head would be very close to the dash whereas in a front facing it is further away.

It is safer if the child is in a back seat. Presumably in a front end collision the front of the car will not intrude into where the child is in the rear whereas a rear facing seat in the front (such as a 2 seater), if the dash is pushed into the child seat the child gets between the child car seat and the automobile seat.

Given the shape of a rear facing seat you'll notice that the head would be very close to the dash whereas in a front facing it is further away.

I am with Raj. Personally, and not trying to be Debbie Downer, but it isn't worth it man. I am being presumptuous though, thinking this is an infant or very small toddler? I would just plead with you to keep them in a back seat, but I also understand the allure of running errands with the munchkin and wanting to rock the Aventador. I have a feeling that you secretly want someone to rubber stamp/validate putting the kiddo in the Lambo. I just wouldn't do it. That said, I am certain that many parents do much worse with their kids and nothing ever happens, but it only takes on time for it to go all wrong.

I plan to take my little man for his first ride in the Lambo soon now that he is about to be 2. I had to order a new key for the passenger airbag so I can turn it off.

I think whiplast neck injury might be one.

In rear facing that wont happen.

Airbag OFF is must!

I am with Raj. Personally, and not trying to be Debbie Downer, but it isn't worth it man. I am being presumptuous though, thinking this is an infant or very small toddler? I would just plead with you to keep them in a back seat, but I also understand the allure of running errands with the munchkin and wanting to rock the Aventador. I have a feeling that you secretly want someone to rubber stamp/validate putting the kiddo in the Lambo. I just wouldn't do it. That said, I am certain that many parents do much worse with their kids and nothing ever happens, but it only takes on time for it to go all wrong.

Personally nothing makes me drive more safety cautiosly and 100% within all speedlimits no matter how illogical than taking my kid (6 year old) to the beach in the lambo. In our other car with back seats the youngest naturally sits in a backward facing child seat. So much safer than forward facing - just check the stats! But they dont make them for larger kids.

There's unfortunatley no isofix in my aventador, but I do believe that he's pretty safe when I drive defensively, cautiously and he sits in a Cybex Solution X-Fix child seat within the aventador monococoque.

Biggest problem imho is explaining in a healthy way, why we drive a racing car (as he calls it) while most other people drive something not as cool (seen from a 6 yo point of view). And especially dealing with the whole thing about always having people approach us when we park, with everything from genuine posive interest to really negative remarks. This always brings up the topic of: "just because you have a car that almost everybody else envies, doesnt make you a better person" etc.. - so yes there is the safety concern (and I think its close to zero compared to most other cars) - but there are definitely some large philosophical questions on how you want to raise your kids that needs to be thought through before you decide to expose them to the reality of being seen as a (son of a) lambo driver.

Personally we've had the talks and they've been great - and for some reason he always want to hear AC/DC when we drive (which is also pretty much the only kind of music that the speakers in the lambo can be used for) - so for us its great thing.

as always - YMMV

Personally nothing makes me drive more safety cautiosly and 100% within all speedlimits no matter how illogical than taking my kid (6 year old) to the beach in the lambo. In our other car with back seats the youngest naturally sits in a backward facing child seat. So much safer than forward facing - just check the stats! But they dont make them for larger kids.

There's unfortunatley no isofix in my aventador, but I do believe that he's pretty safe when I drive defensively, cautiously and he sits in a Cybex Solution X-Fix child seat within the aventador monococoque.

Biggest problem imho is explaining in a healthy way, why we drive a racing car (as he calls it) while most other people drive something not as cool (seen from a 6 yo point of view). And especially dealing with the whole thing about always having people approach us when we park, with everything from genuine posive interest to really negative remarks. This always brings up the topic of: "just because you have a car that almost everybody else envies, doesnt make you a better person" etc.. - so yes there is the safety concern (and I think its close to zero compared to most other cars) - but there are definitely some large philosophical questions on how you want to raise your kids that needs to be thought through before you decide to expose them to the reality of being seen as a (son of a) lambo driver.

Personally we've had the talks and they've been great - and for some reason he always want to hear AC/DC when we drive (which is also pretty much the only kind of music that the speakers in the lambo can be used for) - so for us its great thing.

as always - YMMV

That is a great explanation! My wife and I were just talking about the same topic earlier. Growing up my parents never had nice cars; I learned to love them because my dad did. My parents actually tell me my first word growing up was 'POS!'

It is interesting to go from a situation like that to one where your son is exposed to a dream car since the day he's born. How does he even realize what it is to begin with and how do you teach them to appreciate it rather than just assume it's normal?