Will it scrape/high center?

StoleIt

You know a simple test would be to just take some measurements with the viper coming in and out. With him at the lowest clearance spot, measure out 4" from the bottom of the fascia and down 1/2", see if you're hitting driveway or not? Obviously you'll need to maintain a pretty tight tolerance of 'level' but it should be pretty obvious if it will work or not.

If he comes in with a C-Hair of gap under the fascia you'll know right away another 4" won't clear it.

I am impressed with your skills! I need some help also. What is the Angle of my Dangle when walking down a 30 degree slope?

I am impressed with your skills! I need some help also. What is the Angle of my Dangle when walking down a 30 degree slope?

Its always relative to the throb of the knob, This is first grade stuff.

The angle of the dangle (x) is inversely proportional to (y) the heat of the meat, provided that the maxis of the axis and the gravity of the cavity remain constant.

:eusa_think:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Pic doesn't look that steep actually

I initially thought the same thing, and his degrees of slope might be slightly off, but at the same time it's extremely difficult to capture and/or judge depth and angles like this from a picture. I bet it's a lot steeper than it looks, just judging by the height change relative to constant points on the wall. Put it to scale against something fixed and it all comes into perspective.

If you don't know what to look for and have the 'eye' for it, proportion can totally fcuk up your sense of scale and relativity. It's a trained and practiced skill for sure.

The angle of the dangle (x) is inversely proportional to (y) the heat of the meat, provided that the maxis of the axis and the gravity of the cavity remain constant.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

For some reason I thought you had a medical background. I do SolidWorks all the time. Maybe we should get together and take over the world.

For some reason I thought you had a medical background. I do SolidWorks all the time. Maybe we should get together and take over the world.

Done and done.

When i'm not modeling vehicle approach angles, this is more inline with what I typically work on. Designing parts, testing in Sim, and in many cases finishing it with destructive testing.

Unfortunately I can't share the really cool shit with you guys. :eusa_shhh:

Sim.jpg

20160310_085344_Resized.jpg

Holy shit, this thread got technical.

Honestly, my Vipers high center everywhere and the Lambos never have. If a Viper clears it, you should be good with nose lift up, especially if you take as much of an angle as possible in that tight space.

Also, get skid plates for the nose.

Although I'm wondering how you (StoleIt) arrived at these numbers. I can see where (without known angles) measuring these steps could end up with more error and assumptions on those numbers could skew the entire problem. Unless maybe you're using a laser leveler or something to get close. On the lengths/distances are you measuring from up above across the ramp horizontally (120, 48, 91, 106) and then dropping lines down to establish the distances at the various points? All I'm getting at is that this is where the problem will sneak up on you...error in measuring and I realize that it's easy to embrace assumptions on something like this and forget that you made an assumption when you've already moved on to measuring the next thing. Measure twice, drive a Gallardo over it once.

Image01.jpg

Although I'm wondering how you (StoleIt) arrived at these numbers. I can see where (without known angles) measuring these steps could end up with more error and assumptions on those numbers could skew the entire problem. Unless maybe you're using a laser leveler or something to get close. On the lengths/distances are you measuring from up above across the ramp horizontally (120, 48, 91, 106) and then dropping lines down to establish the distances at the various points? All I'm getting at is that this is where the problem will sneak up on you...error in measuring and I realize that it's easy to embrace assumptions on something like this and forget that you made an assumption when you've already moved on to measuring the next thing. Measure twice, drive a Gallardo over it once.

I agree, the proper way would be to have a surveyors level and get absolute heights at each transition point. You can easily be off a few inches in height at multiple points.

That really won't alter the angles significantly, but it might be enough to squeak by.

I'd still buy a car with a nose lift. :icon_mrgreen:

I would just move. Lambos are more important than homes!

:iamwithstupid:

This is why I couldn't live in the city, it would drive me insane navigating those damn parking garages. I've got ~900 sq/ft of my own garage now and it's not nearly enough.

I need a spread like Kinnsella. :icon_pray:

Holy shit, this thread got technical.

Honestly, my Vipers high center everywhere and the Lambos never have. If a Viper clears it, you should be good with nose lift up, especially if you take as much of an angle as possible in that tight space.

Also, get skid plates for the nose.

A bit off topic, but do you use skid plates on your LP640?

Image01.jpg

I used a level app as primary and backed it up with a protractor and an eyeball on the vertical to make sure they were both ballpark of eachother. Not very scientific I know...

I would 100% suggest getting a car with a nose lift, it will save you so much headache in the long run. I end up using mine every single time I take the car out. Skid plates are a must as well, cheap insurance!

I agree, the proper way would be to have a surveyors level and get absolute heights at each transition point. You can easily be off a few inches in height at multiple points.

That really won't alter the angles significantly, but it might be enough to squeak by.

I'd still buy a car with a nose lift. :icon_mrgreen:

This is where I come in, we need a contour survey. :icon_mrgreen: