Shift Sector Colorado 1/2 Mile Event

avengerr

We didnt have any isses with the thin air. We ran about the same as we always do, just picked up 2mph.

Can't believe using nitrogen in the tires helped that much.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Like I have always said, the trick is in the tweak.

Trick is in the tweak huh? Tweak the car to the point where you don't have to use the clutch if you want to use the paddles :) lol takes the fun out of things.

Trick is in the tweak huh? Tweak the car to the point where you don't have to use the clutch if you want to use the paddles :) lol takes the fun out of things.

Winning is always fun.

I'm not trying to get anyone killed but do any of the big dog UGR cars ever run the full mile?

With a 240 at elevation you'd think they'd be knocking on the mile record as well if they tried. Assuming you get the tires and gearing sorted out.

Also, more importantly, if I didn't already say so, HUGE congratulations to Gidi. He's probably going to take down some GTR records this year as well so it will be pretty cool to see a multi-platform record holder.

I'm not trying to get anyone killed but do any of the big dog UGR cars ever run the full mile?

With a 240 at elevation you'd think they'd be knocking on the mile record as well if they tried. Assuming you get the tires and gearing sorted out.

Also, more importantly, if I didn't already say so, HUGE congratulations to Gidi. He's probably going to take down some GTR records this year as well so it will be pretty cool to see a multi-platform record holder.

To say it with Kevins words: The mile is 1. way too dangerous at this power level and 2. The half mile is enough to achieve and demonstrate what you intend to.

What´s the point of reaching 300mph in a street car. 240 is a ridiculous speed already with more future upside potential.

And to put into perspective how fast 240 in the half mile is....a stage 3 DCT Huracan at 1250WHP ran 202 with some wheel spin and regular tires. Thats around what a new 3m+ dollar Chiron will do in the half mile. Just above 200mph. So you get Bugatti Power levels at the Price of a Huracan+ Stage 3 lol. Which is maybe a TENTH of the price if your Chiron is nicely specced.

To say it with Kevins words: The mile is 1. way too dangerous at this power level and 2. The half mile is enough to achieve and demonstrate what you intend to.

What´s the point of reaching 300mph in a street car. 240 is a ridiculous speed already with more future upside potential.

And to put into perspective how fast 240 in the half mile is....a stage 3 DCT Huracan at 1250WHP ran 202 with some wheel spin and regular tires. Thats around what a new 3m+ dollar Chiron will do in the half mile. Just above 200mph. So you get Bugatti Power levels at the Price of a Huracan+ Stage 3 lol. Which is maybe a TENTH of the price if your Chiron is nicely specced.

A+

Get a Huracan for 230K, add 99K, you got yourself a hypercar killer, is some cases you'll only need a stage 2, to murder hyper cars.

The full mile is too dangerous at these power levels. Just think, the mile record by a GT is 280 mph. We are at 240 at the 1/2. So all we need to gain is 40 mph in the 1/2 mile to match the record lol. I think we would get there by the 3/4 of a mile.

And I think on top the 200mph+ class is mostly required to have a parachute and look at what happened to Richard Holt...with the same heavy wind in Colorado Gidi could have lost control. Just too dangerous.

Man what a great accomplishment congrats when is the next event u guys are going I'm think of flying to watch you guys break 240. Me and my wife had a great time last event I went too ( Ocala ) .

The full mile is too dangerous at these power levels. Just think, the mile record by a GT is 280 mph. We are at 240 at the 1/2. So all we need to gain is 40 mph in the 1/2 mile to match the record lol. I think we would get there by the 3/4 of a mile.

Exactly 👍

And I think on top the 200mph+ class is mostly required to have a parachute and look at what happened to Richard Holt...with the same heavy wind in Colorado Gidi could have lost control. Just too dangerous.

You mean the little spin Gidi had in second gear?