AC not working (Help Please)

215mph

I noticed that I have no AC. I tested the compressor directly bypassing the center controls and it works and blows ICE cold air. So I know the Compressor works and I have Freon. Has anyone got a clue as to why I cannot trigger the compressor to come on from the center control module. When I push the buttons air blows hot even when I reduce the temperature on the screen indicator. I can still control the intensity of the air coming out of the vents but it just blows hot air. I do notice on initial start up of the car the air that comes out is a bit cool but after 5 minutes it turns to hot air.

I noticed that I have no AC. I tested the compressor directly bypassing the center controls and it works and blows ICE cold air. So I know the Compressor works and I have Freon. Has anyone got a clue as to why I cannot trigger the compressor to come on from the center control module. When I push the buttons air blows hot even when I reduce the temperature on the screen indicator. I can still control the intensity of the air coming out of the vents but it just blows hot air. I do notice on initial start up of the car the air that comes out is a bit cool but after 5 minutes it turns to hot air.

I assume the compressor is not engaging when you turn the system on from the center control module?

I assume the compressor is not engaging when you turn the system on from the center control module?

Sorry...reread post....that is the case.

Yes correct

If it's anything like a residential AC unit, sounds like a contact switch or capacitor. whether or not the Diablo system is similar I haven't the foggiest.

Sounds like the heater control valve is open or the rubber diaphragm in it is torn. Dose the comp turn on when you push the defrost button.

It needs 12 volts to the heater control valve to close. It blows cool at first until engine warms up then hot coolant flow into heater core and you get hot air. even if comp runs it will still blow hot if valve open.

If it dose not have 12 volts then its open and a sensor is malfunctioning .

When testing always select low as temp. In car temps sensors suck in early cars but normally don't blow hot unless unplugged.

Sounds like the heater control valve is open or the rubber diaphragm in it is torn. Dose the comp turn on when you push the defrost button.

It needs 12 volts to the heater control valve to close. It blows cool at first until engine warms up then hot coolant flow into heater core and you get hot air. even if comp runs it will still blow hot if valve open.

If it dose not have 12 volts then its open and a sensor is malfunctioning .

When testing always select low as temp. In car temps sensors suck in early cars but normally don't blow hot unless unplugged.

+1,

see my experiences here http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...build&st=0#, post 13

Dose the comp turn on when you push the defrost button.
What are you saying if this is the case? That the "heater control valve is open or the rubber diaphragm in it is torn" or are you implying something else?

What are you saying if this is the case? That the "heater control valve is open or the rubber diaphragm in it is torn" or are you implying something else?

With out seeing the car and testing myself I don't know what is wrong. The only way to know more is to ask. There could be more then one issue that's why I asked if comp comes on when defrost button is pushed as it bypasses most of the sensors for comp activation when defrost is pushed.

Only way hot water gets to heater core is no voltage to heater control valve or if it has voltage the diaphragm is torn.

Send me a PM