Why no electric folding roof?

kingjr9000

As the title asks, why has lambo not made or probably never shown interest in making a automatic folding roof like the 488 or huracan? Is it because of weight, engine and body size, cost, or because they just don't want to?

I think the size of the engine has something to do with it as well. The 488 is a small displacement 8 cylinder motor, which is much more compact than the 5.2L V10, or the big V12.

As the title asks, why has lambo not made or probably never shown interest in making a automatic folding roof like the 488 or huracan? Is it because of weight, engine and body size, cost, or because they just don't want to?

All of the above.

Weight: Adds extra weight to a car that's 3,600 pounds dry towards the top of the center of gravity.

Engine: The V12 is large and does not afford a lot of extra space.

Body Size: The size and shape of the roof is not conducive to a power folding roof.

Amount of F*cks Given: 0

Agree with what's said above.

Customers with a spyder is willing to deal with the manual top and some even prefer it due to weight. These are cars you take out once or twice a month on nice days.

I actually like the rag tops better on convertibles, no I dea why because most are rubbish LOL

I doubt you have much call to have them up either. I don't mind the cloth top, I would likely never have it up in the first place.

I doubt you have much call to have them up either. I don't mind the cloth top, I would likely never have it up in the first place.

True, VERY likely I'd never have it up.

• 3 weeks later...
These are cars you take out once or twice a month on nice days.

??????? YOU CRAZY ???????