World Record 1/2 mile pass of 247.25 MPH!! by Underground Racing

Underground Racing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stated that nobody is going to catch Richard and that is simply an ignorant statement. Yes 3 MPH is huge at those speeds but IF the ETS GTR was not achieving its full potential (stripped 6th gear on final pass) then who knows.

It's a joke pertained to one of my previous races. Had nothing to with ETS. Only AMSsssss.

And coulda woulda shoulda for ETS. UGR showed up ready to fight and came with a tested platform. They should have won. ETS breaking 6th gear means they aren't ready to win.

GTR people always have excuses. Learn from UGR. When they lose they lose with class. You will never hear an excuse.

Take the loss like a man and come back faster next time.

You stated that nobody is going to catch Richard and that is simply an ignorant statement. Yes 3 MPH is huge at those speeds but IF the ETS GTR was not achieving its full potential (stripped 6th gear on final pass) then who knows.

Hefner and DP wish their cars will run 3MPH faster so they can join the 240 club... So 3MPH is a lot.

ETS car broke down after the 244 pass.... That's reaching the full potential...

UGR cars didn't break down... They really can go faster... And they will.

Hefner and DP wish their cars will run 3MPH faster so they can join the 240 club... So 3MPH is a lot.

Lmao

my favorite car to date is that DCT Hurucan than ran 7.8. that would be my dream car. 100% street car including tranny , an all around perfect car.

:iamwithstupid:

And unless you live in Texas the chances of ever running into anything faster are slim to none.

I agree, UGR never shows all their cards until they have to. Smart $ says they have some power left if needed at TI, the only question is if anyone will be there that will force them to use it.

who said they broke after the 244 pass? it was the day before they broke 6th gear.

i don't think anyone here is hating at all. Its incredible that they can even hit 230mph in 1/2 mile .

ETS almost 245 and UG 247. those 2 cars are pretty damn close i don't care how you slice it. I never thought a GTR would go quicker than 225 to be honest.

I am sure ETS and UG both will break 250mph in the next 12 months. both shops left something on the table. might not be a lot but something.

217 was insane , 250 in half mile is mind boggling .

here is comment from ETS in the other forum. I see 250+ near future.

"Because we stripped 6th during our first pull on day 1 we had to slowly ramp in the boost. We set our target boost to 45 psi on our first run and ran a record breaking 236.84mph. The second run was roughly 10% more boost with a target of 50 psi, which netted us a run of 242mph. Since run 1 and 2 went flawlessly we set our boost target to 55psi and ran our fastest of the day 244.83mph! Run 4 was supposed to be our glory run, but something happened causing the car to go into limp mode. Later we found out that limp mode was triggered by a set of corroded throttle body motors and that’s what caused the shut down just after the 1/8 mile.

Run 1 – 236.84mph – 45 psi

Run 2 – 242.19mph – 50 psi

Run 3 – 244.83mph – 55 psi

Run 4 – 163.87mph – 60 psi - Throttle body issue causing us to shut down at the 1/8 mile."

thanks

Waiting on the new DCT billet helix gear set to be completed and we will be back out there at the 1/4.

Just to be clear UGR already holds the record if i'm not mistaken. So they would be beating themselves. There's a few big power GTRs trying to hit 6s but it's been a challenge. Low to mid 7s with some pretty crazy trap speeds. Will be interesting to see which platform gets there first :icon_mrgreen:

here is comment from ETS in the other forum. I see 250+ near future.

"Because we stripped 6th during our first pull on day 1 we had to slowly ramp in the boost. We set our target boost to 45 psi on our first run and ran a record breaking 236.84mph. The second run was roughly 10% more boost with a target of 50 psi, which netted us a run of 242mph. Since run 1 and 2 went flawlessly we set our boost target to 55psi and ran our fastest of the day 244.83mph! Run 4 was supposed to be our glory run, but something happened causing the car to go into limp mode. Later we found out that limp mode was triggered by a set of corroded throttle body motors and that’s what caused the shut down just after the 1/8 mile.

Run 1 – 236.84mph – 45 psi

Run 2 – 242.19mph – 50 psi

Run 3 – 244.83mph – 55 psi

Run 4 – 163.87mph – 60 psi - Throttle body issue causing us to shut down at the 1/8 mile."

Looks like the law of diminishing returns. 60 psi may have been 1-2 more mph.

These cars are so damn fast. Can you imagine them side by side racing a 1000 whp or stock car? I think these half miles do a bad job of showing you how fast they are because they aren't racing anyone.

Would love to see a side by side of ETS GTR vs a stock GTR and 1200 whp GTR. Same with the lambos. It would be crazy.

Looks like the law of diminishing returns. 60 psi may have been 1-2 more mph.

These cars are so damn fast. Can you imagine them side by side racing a 1000 whp or stock car? I think these half miles do a bad job of showing you how fast they are because they aren't racing anyone.

Would love to see a side by side of ETS GTR vs a stock GTR and 1200 whp GTR. Same with the lambos. It would be crazy.

:icon_thumleft:

who said they broke after the 244 pass? it was the day before they broke 6th gear.

i don't think anyone here is hating at all. Its incredible that they can even hit 230mph in 1/2 mile .

ETS almost 245 and UG 247. those 2 cars are pretty damn close i don't care how you slice it. I never thought a GTR would go quicker than 225 to be honest.

I am sure ETS and UG both will break 250mph in the next 12 months. both shops left something on the table. might not be a lot but something.

217 was insane , 250 in half mile is mind boggling .

Why you always like to play Inspector Gadget??? 😂😂😂

They stripped 6th gear on the 244 and when so when they tried to run again it wouldn't go into 6th so they were done.

When someone breaks out the tape or starts spraying down an engine with a nitrous bottle to try to cool it off after its been sitting for near an hour anyway, it normally tells me they are trying to do anything to get more mph as a last resort. If there is more power/boost left, wouldn't you simple turn the boost up? Just wondering, I'm aways about learning something new. ;)

#LOL

When someone breaks out the tape or starts spraying down an engine with a nitrous bottle to try to cool it off after its been sitting for near an hour anyway, it normally tells me they are trying to do anything to get more mph as a last resort. If there is more power/boost left, wouldn't you simple turn the boost up? Just wondering, I'm aways about learning something new. ;)

#LOL

Lmao. If you come to a race with tape you ain't bringing enough power. Just go back home.

#LOL

ETS is pretty straight forward from what i have read. They have never dodged any questions i have asked ;-) .

We all they know they will hit 250+ in the next 12 months. just like we all know you will hit 250+ .

you said you left a little on the table from what i read? why not give it all she's got?

Lmao. If you come to a race with tape you ain't bringing enough power. Just go back home.

almost 245 and you still cant give props ? come on bro. now you are just hating. give the crew some respect. add 200lbs and it still goes 242+

ETS is pretty straight forward from what i have read. They have never dodged any questions i have asked ;-) .

We all they know they will hit 250+ in the next 12 months. just like we all know you will hit 250+ .

you said you left a little on the table from what i read? why not give it all she's got?

Because there's always the next event. No need to show all the cards when the competition hasn't shown that they can beat you, yet. Besides, I'm sure a LOT of folks would like nothing more than for UGR to make a run at an untested boost level and break.

#ChessNotCheckers #SmartenUpNas

I don't mean disrespect but GTR tuners always have a cheap excuse... They can never lose with class... Every time They lose They always say something like "We almost won but a sensor went bad" "They jump the beat" "We are faster but we didn't want to max out the car".... We hear everything...

GTR Cheerleaders stop repeating everything you Wining is wining and losing is losing...

Richard's car went 247, Gidi went 245 and there are many other UGR customers capable to go over 240... How many ETS customers can even go over 220-230?

Let's stop comparing ETS with UGR... UGR is in a totally different level and yes very soon it's going to be UGR vs UGR (no Lambos vs Lambos because none of the Lambo tuners are real competition for UGR)

Why not just stay quiet rather than make excuses?

As far as leaving something on the table? Not sure, I know we could have kept turning the power up but stopped where we were unless someone beat the 247. Richard was up at the line, locked and loaded, if he needed to make another pass, but no one beat his 247 so we put it up.;)

Just to be clear, I respect the competition. It definitely made it interesting. I knew that GTR would hit 240+ being that it ran 213 in the 1/4. No surprise there to me as it should but congrats to those guys for being the fastest GTR in the 1/2.

Not sure why everyone is saying they made excuses for losing ? They just gave info on the run. I don't see any excuses. Just stating how the car acted at XX amount of boost and what happened during the weekend. Its not like they came out and said UG is lucky etc.. they just responded to what someone asked on the other forum how much boost was on that run. They answered.

Not sure why everyone is saying they made excuses for losing ? They just gave info on the run. I don't see any excuses. Just stating how the car acted at XX amount of boost and what happened during the weekend. Its not like they came out and said UG is lucky etc.. they just responded to what someone asked on the other forum how much boost was on that run. They answered.

You only know some of it, you were not at the race were you? I heard all the same stuff at the event and I didnt ask for the info like you did. ;)

Not a big deal, its just part of the game.

Time to focus in on TI. Going to be hard to beat Tonys GTR's ;(

Gidi went 245

did Gidi go 245? i thought ETS finished 2nd with a 244.83.

...and there are many other UGR customers capable to go over 240...

not sure how one can make a statement like that. you either went over 240 or you didn't. capable of doing something is not the same as actually doing it.

those top 3 cars are something else. richard's and gidi's lambos are refined, and the GTR is raw, but all three are fast.