Factory ecu tune , sound performance upgrade, grooming

SAMLAMBO

I still can't believe with all the guys doing the exhaust and tunes from lamborghini that I'm the only guy that has dynoed their car before and after .

I have dynoed my car now 4 times and done countless runs during those times . The exhaust and tune causes a loss in power and I have lots of data sheets to prove that .

Alpha has posted my dyno and you can see the loss . Anyone who thinks they feel a power difference on the tune are delusional. I was one of them who thought my car felt all crazy faster .. but turned out that was not true and probably felt that way cause that's what I was told I would get and that's what I believed.

Either way I'm still hoping lamborghini comes up with a fix for me and a new ecu file so I can achieve the 8percent power gain they advertised instead of a loss .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe with all the guys doing the exhaust and tunes from lamborghini that I'm the only guy that has dynoed their car before and after .

I have dynoed my car now 4 times and done countless runs during those times . The exhaust and tune causes a loss in power and I have lots of data sheets to prove that .

Alpha has posted my dyno and you can see the loss . Anyone who thinks they feel a power difference on the tune are delusional. I was one of them who thought my car felt all crazy faster .. but turned out that was not true and probably felt that way cause that's what I was told I would get and that's what I believed.

Either way I'm still hoping lamborghini comes up with a fix for me and a new ecu file so I can achieve the 8percent power gain they advertised instead of a loss .

I'm guessing your car is not an SV. The tech guy at lambo said that there are no issues with installing the race exhaust on an SV. As mentioned here the software has not yet been developed for MY17 cars only MY16. They are changing something on the software relating to emission requirements. Luckily my car is one of the last MY16 built cars, it's easy to tell, simply look at the VIN number. MY16 cars have a "G" as the the 10th character.

Thanks for sharing. When did you get this tune done and did you feedback this to your agent ?

I'm guessing your car is not an SV. The tech guy at lambo said that there are no issues with installing the race exhaust on an SV. As mentioned here the software has not yet been developed for MY17 cars only MY16. They are changing something on the software relating to emission requirements. Luckily my car is one of the last MY16 built cars, it's easy to tell, simply look at the VIN number. MY16 cars have a "G" as the the 10th character.

:iamwithstupid:

Thanks for sharing. When did you get this tune done and did you feedback this to your agent ?

I got the exhaust and tune done 3 months ago , and yes the head tech for Canada is pushing the factory for a solution . Not really cool to drop 15k and lose power .

I got the exhaust and tune done 3 months ago , and yes the head tech for Canada is pushing the factory for a solution . Not really cool to drop 15k and lose power .

Thanks , I'll get my agent to ask the factory to

So is the drop in power from the tune or the race exhaust? Also would you have the dyno sheets to show or for me to fwd to my agent?

aventadorDyno2.jpg

That dyno you are posting has nothing to do with before and after the factory exhaust and tune. All it is showing is how much an Aventador is putting down in wheels power 623hp vs engine 757hp. You didnt think that the car picked up 134hp with exhaust and tune right? Here is the post from 07pearl a member here I have spoken to in detail. He dropped $15k on his factory race exhaust and tune and this is his dyno sheet. You can look at this post in the "VB Exhaust" post in the general section. I am going to quote him here for you.

aventadorDyno.jpg

The above is an actual dyno before and after the race exhaust and tune. The car picked up 16whp uptop but lost power in the mid range. Its been over 3 months and no word from factory. If you are happy with it great, but i have been around high hp cars all my life and there is no "butt dyno" that is ever accurate. Whats really funny is that 07pearl felt the same way. After he picked up the car from the dealer, he was like OMG this thing is awesome feels faster blah blah because the valves open earlier, and car is louder it gives you that feeling but only true way is to dyno the car before or after or VBOX the car to see if it is any faster 60-130 compared to any other stock aventador!

Looking thru this again. Basically with just the tune it made more power than with the factory race exhaust and tune correct ?

Looking thru this again. Basically with just the tune it made more power than with the factory race exhaust and tune correct ?

My first dyno is completely stock. Second is with factory race exhaust and tune . I never did just the tune alone .

That being said I had my tech delete the tune and out the car back to stock last month with just the factory race exhaust on and I picked up more top end power but I'm still losing the same in the lower and mid range . I will try and put that dyno sheet up tomorrow .

My first dyno is completely stock. Second is with factory race exhaust and tune . I never did just the tune alone .

That being said I had my tech delete the tune and out the car back to stock last month with just the factory race exhaust on and I picked up more top end power but I'm still losing the same in the lower and mid range . I will try and put that dyno sheet up tomorrow .

Ok because I got just the tune done and already feedback this to my agent. They will be asking the factory to on this issue after which I will feedback here.

Also usually with these free flowing exhaust, you pick up power mid range up but end up losing power at the lower end of the curve.

My exhaust upgrade is now complete. Car makes a much deeper sound and the exhaust valves are no longer controllable by changing from strada to sport etc. Car is idling fine and there are no issues so far. I'm yet to do a proper test, this will happen next week.

i spoke to my dealer here in CA and they told me that they can't sell just the ecu tuen it require to have the race exhaust install . is that true ? thank you

Yep this is correct. The software itself controls things like idoling issues some people may have when installing the exhaust with no software as well as emissions. The reason this software is not yet available on MY17 models is because some changes relating to emission standards need to be made and lambo probably has not yet got around to updating the software.

I wouldn't use the software by itself, it's useless anyway, besides it is linked to the VIN number of your car and can only be released by the factory when the exhaust is purchased.

You can run the exhaust without the software but you may experience issues.

I provided my VIN number to the factory and in return got the software download without the race exhaust. Took 45mins to upload it to my car and I was of to go.

My exhaust upgrade is now complete. Car makes a much deeper sound and the exhaust valves are no longer controllable by changing from strada to sport etc. Car is idling fine and there are no issues so far. I'm yet to do a proper test, this will happen next week.

Ok keep us posted. A video will be great if no trouble.

i spoke to my dealer here in CA and they told me that they can't sell just the ecu tuen it require to have the race exhaust install . is that true ? thank you

I just had my ecu tune done last week, without the exhaust

I provided my VIN number to the factory and in return got the software download without the race exhaust. Took 45mins to upload it to my car and I was of to go.

Interesting, did you pay them anything or was it free?

Interesting, did you pay them anything or was it free?

I wish it was free

So far I think easily over 10 Aventadors have done just the tuning package over at my side

The software by itself is an after sales product ("Sound Performance Tuning") separately from the exhaust ("Sport Exhaust System").

See page 10 of this Lamborghini accessory brochure:

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/sites/en-...GHINI_Sport.pdf

A flyer for the Sound Performance Tuning software did the rounds a while ago and may even have been posted on this forum. I'm attaching a copy below.

As others have said, this software update is currently unavailable (at least in the USA) for model-year 2017 cars. A few months ago, the ETA was October, but apparently it's been delayed further.

Flyer_Sound_Performance_Tuning.jpg

From what I have been told there is a sound tune and a muffler and tune. It seems obvious at this point that the muffler and tune costs you power, although it MAY be low enough in the range that it doesn't cost performance.

There have been enough dynos to prove that this isn't for everyone and has trade offs.

From what I have been told there is a sound tune and a muffler and tune. It seems obvious at this point that the muffler and tune costs you power, although it MAY be low enough in the range that it doesn't cost performance.

There have been enough dynos to prove that this isn't for everyone and has trade offs.

Well in that case I hope it's not just the tune which is costing power loss

Firstly it's what I did and secondly it definitely feels quicker

Still waiting my agent to get back to me on what the factory has to say

Well in that case I hope it's not just the tune which is costing power loss

Firstly it's what I did and secondly it definitely feels quicker

Still waiting my agent to get back to me on what the factory has to say

my dealer will not just do the ecu tune for me unless i purchase the lambo racing exhaust

my dealer will not just do the ecu tune for me unless i purchase the lambo racing exhaust

This is exactly what I was told. I think there is some confusion here. There are two software upgrades, these are:

1. Sports sound tune upgrade - this makes the car louder in lower ranges when in sport mode. You can tell if this has been installed by switching from strada to sport and listening to see if the exhaust note becomes louder. If it becomes louder then it's installed.

2. Software upgrade connected to the race exhaust - this is seperate to the upgrade mentioned above and manages the emissions, idiiling and performance of the car with race exhaust installed. It has no impact on sound as there are no valves on the sports exhaust, so it's allways open and it's loud.

To be honest the sound performance upgrade is a bit of a waste of money, you can achecive the same result by disconnecting a small black hose at the top of the exhaust, this hose sends air to the valves which open and close the flaps on the exhaust, with the hose removed the flaps are constantly open making the exhaust loud, hence the same result is achieved. It takes about 30 mins to do. The downside to this is that you loose "silent mode' as your exhaust is allways loud.

This is exactly what I was told. I think there is some confusion here. There are two software upgrades, these are:

1. Sports sound tune upgrade - this makes the car louder in lower ranges when in sport mode. You can tell if this has been installed by switching from strada to sport and listening to see if the exhaust note becomes louder. If it becomes louder then it's installed.

2. Software upgrade connected to the race exhaust - this is seperate to the upgrade mentioned above and manages the emissions, idiiling and performance of the car with race exhaust installed. It has no impact on sound as there are no valves on the sports exhaust, so it's allways open and it's loud.

To be honest the sound performance upgrade is a bit of a waste of money, you can achecive the same result by disconnecting a small black hose at the top of the exhaust, this hose sends air to the valves which open and close the flaps on the exhaust, with the hose removed the flaps are constantly open making the exhaust loud, hence the same result is achieved. It takes about 30 mins to do. The downside to this is that you loose "silent mode' as your exhaust is allways loud.

I got the sport sound upgrade where it's loud in sport and corsa but if I want it soft I leave it in Strada

But this package also claims to increase power which it mentions in their brochure and which I felt especially around 2500-4500 rpm around there

IMG_0397.JPG

I got the sport sound upgrade where it's loud in sport and corsa but if I want it soft I leave it in Strada

But this package also claims to increase power which it mentions in their brochure and which I felt especially around 2500-4500 rpm around there

Ok got it. So we are talking about something completely different. I was under the impression that you installed the software designed for the race exhaust on your car without installing the race exhaust. This software is different to the sports performance upgrade software which makes your car louder at lower rpms by opening the valves. I got the sports performance upgrade on both of my Aventadors and to be honest it's a bit of a waste of money as you can simply disconnect the small hose that controls the valves and they stay open, this is pretty much all this software does.

Ok got it. So we are talking about something completely different. I was under the impression that you installed the software designed for the race exhaust on your car without installing the race exhaust. This software is different to the sports performance upgrade software which makes your car louder at lower rpms by opening the valves. I got the sports performance upgrade on both of my Aventadors and to be honest it's a bit of a waste of money as you can simply disconnect the small hose that controls the valves and they stay open, this is pretty much all this software does.

But other than the sound they claim to give more power to? As stated in brochure above

So now there are 2 tuning packages? God help me.