Factory ecu tune , sound performance upgrade, grooming

SAMLAMBO

But other than the sound they claim to give more power to? As stated in brochure above

So now there are 2 tuning packages? God help me.

The sports performance package might give more power as the exhaust valves are open when in sport mode. The 'second tuning package' is not really a tuning package it is simply the software that comes with the race exhaust to deal with emissions, idle, fuel mix ratios etc... The race exchaust is very different to the standard exhaust hence some adjustments to the cars operating system need to be made and this is what this software does.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sports performance package might give more power as the exhaust valves are open when in sport mode. The 'second tuning package' is not really a tuning package it is simply the software that comes with the race exhaust to deal with emissions, idle, fuel mix ratios etc... The race exchaust is very different to the standard exhaust hence some adjustments to the cars operating system need to be made and this is what this software does.

Looking at the flyer the 8.5% gain on the sound tuning is only between 2000 and 3000 rpm so when the valves were previously closed restricting the system,

I would be surprised if anyone could feel 8.5% though even if it was all the way through the power band, think its just the placebo of it being louder that makes people think its faster, should be no diffence post valve opening point.

Instead of analysis paralysis and guessing why don't one of your lovely people throw their car on a dyno and post if for all of us the same way 07pearl did. When I did my custom header and exhaust on the Murci I posted the results for everyone to see. Data matters. Feel and sound are irrelevant. My 6.0 "feels" faster than LP640 despite putting almost 200 less whp but because of the rawness and feel it feels faster. For the love of god let's stop talking about "feels faster"

Looking at the flyer the 8.5% gain on the sound tuning is only between 2000 and 3000 rpm so when the valves were previously closed restricting the system,

I would be surprised if anyone could feel 8.5% though even if it was all the way through the power band, think its just the placebo of it being louder that makes people think its faster, should be no diffence post valve opening point.

Agreed. The power gain or power loss (which some people have experienced) is insignificant in the overall scheme of things. At the end of the day the car sounds better with the sports performance upgrade and better still with a factory racing exhaust. Who really cares about a few horse power here and there when you have 750 hp at your disposal... so what it might be 740 for some or 760 for others..... Either way both the SV and normal Aventador are awesome cars and sound like nothing else on the road, for me it's all about the "theater", loud car and unbelievable looks.

Ok than that's sorted I got nothing to worry about coz I just got the sound package.

Just got of the phone with my tech from my agent. So there are 2 tuning packages from the factory:

-Sound tuning package

-Factory race exhaust tuning package

I was under the impression there was only the sound tuning package and the exhaust was an add on. So its the factory race exhaust tuning package which is causing the power loss according to some here who have done a dyno and NOT from the sound tuning package. I was contemplating on buying the race exhaust which I'll put on hold for now. Also it will not pass the biyearly inspections unless I can get it homologated starting of with the TUV cert which is not available.

so the sound tuning package make you feel the car go faster ??

The louder it is the faster it goes :icon_mrgreen:

Can't you achieve the 'sound tuning package' by just blocking the vacuum hoses which control the butterflies?

so the sound tuning package make you feel the car go faster ??

Yes definitely between 2000-4000rpm around there and surely there must be some gains ,not the 8.5% + the factory claims but there are gains unless the factory is lying

• 8 months later...