Exotic Euro Cars dealership

Easy888

Congrats!

Thank you. One day I'll have to look into a CGT too! Congrats on your pick up as well.

Looks very elegant, I know it's a big car but does it feel big when you drive it?

Congrats and enjoy it in the best of health.

Thanks Fortis. It does feel a little bigger than the S Class in dimension but in a majestic way, not like a Cadillac Escalade that's just taking up space (not sure this explaination makes sense). But overall it's not cumbersome.

Thanks for the writeup! At some point I would like to try a ghost or a phantom coupe.

You can't go wrong. And doesn't hurt to try to see if it works for you.

• 4 months later...

Had a little time today, and with some seat time in the Ghost, I figure to throw up an updated post.

In a strange way it's turning out to be the one car I want to grab the keys to when I go out. Maybe it's the age, but the comfortable ride and smooth power of the thing just makes driving through day to day traffic relaxing. You really do feel isolated in there from the outside world. And that's a nice place to be heading home after work.

Whilst the other cars are still great, the two door sports cars just make me want to drive fast. Something about them just pushes me to drive like a bat out of hell. Sort of an always on edge feel once I get in them.

In any case, the Rolls is so far living up to my expectations. And though it's older and not as technologically advanced as say the current and newly refreshed S-Class, you find yourself not caring so much. I have Bluetooth for phone and music. I'm good.

Some updates of course. New 22" wheels. Car will get lowered soon, as well, some Voresteiner parts will get installed.

IMG_1472___Copy.JPG

Looks really nice!!

And technology is nice but a bit of an overrated priority with cars, even high end luxury cars.

Look good, feel good, smell good, sound good, drive good........done. :icon_thumleft:

Sharp!! How's maintenance? Gas mpg? :)

Maintenance so far hasn't been an issue. No problems, but I will do a regular service soon.

As for gas, it's laughable. A full tank gets me to 220 miles on street driving. Doesn't bother me all that much to be honest.

Congrats and thanks for the feedback Easy..... I'm in the market for a new family car later this year and may have me pulled towards the RR more than a Spur. Did you cross shop the Spurs? How many miles on your 12 when you got it? I just worry about maintenance using it as a DD.

Congrats and thanks for the feedback Easy..... I'm in the market for a new family car later this year and may have me pulled towards the RR more than a Spur. Did you cross shop the Spurs? How many miles on your 12 when you got it? I just worry about maintenance using it as a DD.

Hi KMR.

I didn't compare the Bentley for one simple reason.

I knew I wanted the Ghost to begin with. Though a distant second would have been the Mulsanne, but something about that car felt more "older gentleman" than I am of age. I don't agree with the way the Spur looks both current and previous generation, not to mention at that price level it didn't deliver a "specialness" to me that I was looking for. Also in my opinion the S-Class would have been preferred over the Ghost and we already have one of those. So if anything the Spur would have been far down the ladder when I was shopping.

My car had 20K miles and is a 2012. The previous owner took great care of the car. No blemishes on the leather. In fact the rear seats look barely used. It has black piano wood and no scratches were on any of the panels. I've logged roughly 1000 miles since I picked it up 6 months ago, which is a miracle considering I try to rotate 7 cars daily/weekly. So far it's been perfect and it continues to grow on me. Again, not sure if it's something related to getting older, but I have a slight preference to a more comfortable ride than any of my two door sports cars. If there's one gripe, it's that you'll find yourself filling up at the gas station a lot more than you might like. At V-12 turbo motor moving nearly 5 tons will do that, though I doubt you'd find any dissatisfaction with the performance.

Word of advice, most of the Ghosts I viewed were pretty decently maintained. Maybe just the nature of the clientele? So no need to buy brand new unless you absolutely have to have new and couldn't find your exact configuration on the 2nd hand market. The depreciation on a new one is a motherfucker and I didn't want any of that.

Good luck in your search. There's truly nothing like the Ghost.

Thanks for the reply Easy888. The ones on the used market all do seem quite nice. I have not got too aggressive in shopping... yet. Gas fill ups do not bother me as I am used to that in the H1 and past Lambos.