GTR Takes 1/2 Mile World Record

Allen Olson

I personally think its great that this happened.

It gives us all something to shoot for. We all know that the V10 platform will outperform the GTR in the half.

Just have turn a few more screws and add some of that lucas fuel treatment stuff... Fowler will be out there hitting 250 in no time ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big deal. I don't care if its a fake record or a real record. We plan on trying to go faster either way. If our record was truly broken, congrats to them. With ETS going 244 in the 1/2 mile, I think 248 for a GTR is def possible. I think that same GTR that went 248 went 7.0 in the 1/4, so obviously they are in range to pull a speed like that off. They are stripped, all out race cars, while we are fully loaded street cars, kinda a different class but whatever they need to do to get there is fine with me, I like the competition. ;)

Not a big deal. I don't care if its a fake record or a real record. We plan on trying to go faster either way. If our record was truly broken, congrats to them. With ETS going 244 in the 1/2 mile, I think 248 for a GTR is def possible. I think that same GTR that went 248 went 7.0 in the 1/4, so obviously they are in range to pull a speed like that off. They are stripped, all out race cars, while we are fully loaded street cars, kinda a different class but whatever they need to do to get there is fine with me, I like the competition. ;)

this whole post = Like A Bawse

unbothered.jpg

Amen brother shit was getting boring the past 6 months lol. The quest for 250 begins! Oh and I would love to see all gtr big dog GTRs at TI that would be awesome.

PS: Guinness verified our 247.25

Exactly and that car ain't faster than ETS that's what's hard to believe... but it's all good this is gonna motivate UGR to go 250+

this was the 2nd fastest GTR in the world at the time of the half mile pass. Now 3rd since gidi went 6s

it trapped 206 in the quarter. Its perfectly reasonable for a high HP gtr to pick up 40 mph in the back half of a half mile

Id love to see vbox, but you cant claim this is bullshit without evidence.

Amen brother shit was getting boring the past 6 months lol. The quest for 250 begins! Oh and I would love to see all gtr big dog GTRs at TI that would be awesome.

PS: Guinness verified our 247.25

there was talk at tx2k of a few of the big power GTRs showing up to TI this year. Who knows.

I plan to run TI for the first time and am really looking forward to it

Well said, we all know you guys have some tricks up your sleeves at all times. I'm sure the 250+ will be very soon as well as sub 7.5 (6.9 cough cough) 1/4 mile run with the AC running.

The only thing to worry about moving forward is safety also stopping LOL. These speeds are getting bonkers.

this was the 2nd fastest GTR in the world at the time of the half mile pass. Now 3rd since gidi went 6s

it trapped 206 in the quarter. Its perfectly reasonable for a high HP gtr to pick up 40 mph in the back half of a half mile

Id love to see vbox, but you cant claim this is bullshit without evidence.

206 in 1/4 is crazy even for an almost street car! Basically 0-206 mph in 7 seconds. WOW

206 in 1/4 is crazy even for an almost street car! Basically 0-206 mph in 7 seconds. WOW

Street car? You joking right? 6' and low 7's GTR are far from street cars... They are 100% Drag cars

I don't think you'd have to swap the damn engine on a street car after a handful of runs. Or would you?

if im not mistaken, a lot of the cars that run at TI, etc go back to UGR to get their engines freshened up. which i think is pretty damn reasonable. definitely not swapped, tho.

There are street GTRs that drove to the track, ran high 7s, and drove home, but low 7s, high 6s (Alpha G) is a different story. Looking at speeds a lot of the delta is coming in the front half, which means a good launch, which wreaks havoc on the transmission, differentials, axles, etc. Very interested to see what UGR and others do here on the Lambo platform. Looks like UGR and OB have the fever!

When it comes to a true street car, GTR reaches its limit @ 1900-2000whp, after that good luck.

Edit: Boostlogic has top mount kit that can produce 2200whp+ while keeping A/C and Power Steering.

Street car? You joking right? 6' and low 7's GTR are far from street cars... They are 100% Drag cars

slow your roll. I said "almost street car". Why are you getting so upset?

My 7.8x gtr is full on street car, full interior, stock body, stock glass, has AC and all the other creature comforts.

And new build is probably good down to 7.4ish

Far from street cars... if you saw these cars in person You wouldn't say that... that's all... :jackoff:

I never hear T1, ASS or ETS claiming Their fastest cars are street cars or almost street cars...

Far from street cars... if you saw these cars in person You wouldn't say that... that's all... :jackoff:

I never hear T1, ASS or ETS claiming Their fastest cars are street cars or almost street cars...

I'll happily show you what the taillight's of a fast street car GTR looks like whenever you want.

Going to any event soon? TI?