GTR Takes 1/2 Mile World Record

Allen Olson

I'll happily show you what the taillight's of a fast street car GTR looks like whenever you want.

Going to any event soon? TI?

Comical.... if you go to TI you will see enough lamborghini tail lights to cure that big ego...

When was the last time T.....S.....M won TI? Or any event? Why the big ego?

By the way I said "fastest GTR" you are not included in that category.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comical.... if you go to TI you will see enough lamborghini tail lights to cure that big ego...

When was the last time T.....S.....M won TI? Or any event? Why the big ego?

By the way I said "fastest GTR" you are not included in that category.

faster than you

faster than you

Typical GTR fanboy 😂😂👌🏼

When did I claim to be top dog?

I can assure you I don't have to rebuild my transmission every 10 pulls like all the 1000 WHP + GTR do but yeah "street car".... 🙄

If I wanted a fast trash can with Turbos I will have one... but unfortunately being the fastest guy is not my top priority.

I understand your frustration.... you spent all that money and sacrifice the reliability of your car to be the top dog and all you got is 213... (no slow but definitely not fast enough to be on the cool list)

Good luck in TI Looking at the Lambos tail lights

Typical GTR fanboy 😂😂👌🏼

When did I claim to be top dog?

I can assure you I don't have to rebuild my transmission every 10 pulls like all the 1000 WHP + GTR do but yeah "street car".... 🙄

If I wanted a fast trash can with Turbos I will have one... but unfortunately being the fastest guy is not my top priority.

I understand your frustration.... you spent all that money and sacrifice the reliability of your car to be the top dog and all you got is 213... (no slow but definitely not fast enough to be on the cool list)

Good luck in TI Looking at the Lambos tail lights

213 was a full build and 400whp ago

All of these platforms are stupid fast these days..

And yes , the GTR's are mostly full race cars to run such insane numbers. However , what I see in them in regards to safety

is sub-par at best. The roll cages in these cars look like something that belongs in a 10-second street car.

This is a bit over the top. I never understood the GTR or frankly Lambo hate. It would be very dull if there wasn't competition.

But a few facts. In terms of fastest and quickest 1/4, the GTR is a 6.93, MPH record is 213mph and the Huracan at 7.8, and the MPH record at 187 (?)

The GTR currently holds the outright 1/2 mile record, beating UGR's 247 at 248.

The mile record is now M2K's Ford GT at 293mph.

The Lambos currently do not hold any records.

Now that your blood is boiling, UGR, DP, Heffner, etc... build street cars. The fastest STREET GTRs, like Unabomber's (full weight, A/C, NAV, glass windows, etc, etc) run high 7s. That is what a 2R has run as well. That would be street car to street car IMHO.

X packages are starting to head in the direction of 'not-so' street car with the different transmission (if i'm not mistaken it's not an upgraded OEM unit like the 'R' packages, please correct me if i'm wrong). When UGR has the DCT running in the X packages, that will be a different story, but that has not happened yet, and we should try and deal with the present.

Having said all that, before everyone errupts, the Huracan is a superior platform, and ultimately, if the competition out there continues to push the platform, Lambo's will likely regain most of the above records, and will continue to dominate roll race events like 2K, TI, etc... Less weight, bigger displacement, German engineering and maybe most importantly UGR's secret sauce are all formidable opponents.

All of these platforms are stupid fast these days..

And yes , the GTR's are mostly full race cars to run such insane numbers. However , what I see in them in regards to safety

is sub-par at best. The roll cages in these cars look like something that belongs in a 10-second street car.

totally agree with you. Most of the bolt in cages in the quick GTRs are JUNK.

I have a weld in 4 point. Its nothing crazy but i trust it. Tested the same one pretty thoroughly in my last GTR

1BLyscm.jpg

HibPPpc.jpg

The GTR currently holds the outright 1/2 mile record, beating UGR's 247 at 248.

I'm not saying its not possible. But as Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify".

Did they ever release any data like Vbox or any kind of GPS backup? Or are we just going off a display and trust that the timing equipment was correct along with correct distance?

People are spending a lot of money to claim these records and for the good of the sport, it would be nice to see some kind of back up data for confirmation. Agree?

WOW! What happened?

had a little off up in the mountains. Rolled twice down a 80 foot hill and landed on its roof.

Not a scratch on me

I'm not saying its not possible. But as Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify".

Did they ever release any data like Vbox or any kind of GPS backup? Or are we just going off a display and trust that the timing equipment was correct along with correct distance?

People are spending a lot of money to claim these records and for the good of the sport, it would be nice to see some kind of back up data for confirmation. Agree?

Agreed.

FWIW, I'm mainly going off the fact that it's Alpha Logic, and the same car ran 7.057 @ 206. Picking up 42 mph and change in the back (probably had to be more due to the launch / 60' / tires) would certainly be in the realm of the possible. That being said, I imagine on the inside the car doesn't look drastically different than the Alpha G.