Fabspeed primary bypass pipes added...LP640

Charlie

The sound being similar is because of the bypass pipes. When you're at speed, the exhaust is going through the bypass and when you're at a low rpm, its going through the cats. I think that is a great set up for people that want the car to scream or be reasonable.

They are the same.

Yeah it works out perfectly now, very happy. Crazy that they are the same size, the primaries seemed way larger to me. I have them sitting on a shelf in my garage but I guess I never did actually look at them side by side next to each other.

I'm glad to hear the cats worked out for you. I'm sure your manliness is still unscathed

haha thanks!

So I used to have an '04 gated with primary and secondary deletes and unknown muffler, was super loud, occasionally would spit some fire.

My current '08 egear has an LOC muffler (way too quiet), I replaced the secondaries with a Fabspeed delete (great fit and quality) and now it sounds good, but after several months I'm getting the itch to go loud again and I definitely miss spitting some fire (don't judge me).

If I simply add a Fabspeed primary delete will I:

1) Absolutely need to retune the car, or lose some HP/TQ

2) Throw some flames (I would love to be able to roast a marshmallow)

3) Sound nice with the existing LOC muffler

What do you guys think? If I'm only doing deletes for a couple hundred bucks it's no big deal, but pulling the ECU, programming, would make me think twice

Fabspeed primary deletes with labor to swap them is going to put you closer to $1,500 if I remember correctly. My seat of the pants feeling was that the car was faster but make no mistake - it is righteously loud ALL the time. I thought I wanted that but combined with the smell it was just too much. Jon had suggested secondaries only to me as a way to stop smelling like I just took out a muscle car and it really was a sweet spot for me. The car is definitely louder than LOC with secondary deletes (I thought mine was stock too) but still has a fantastic howl.

In my opinion the DTP exhaust coupled with primary sports cats is the loudest and most raw F1 sounding I have ever owned, followed by IPE full exhaust at 106db on initial cold start idle, and lastly Quicksilver secondary cat delete/exhaust system at 92db on cold start idle(w/ stock primary cats on) . DTP exhaust is also the lightest exhaust(just 6 lbs) ,quicksilver secondary cat delete and exhaust(18lbs), followed by IPE muffler(26 lbs). Sound on video is nothing compared to in person experience btw, just way more exhilarating.

Fabspeeds sport cats with IPE Muffler cold start. You can hear the sound difference with remote valved switched on and off. cold start at 106DB. valves default to Open state when engine is off.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a small clip of cruising on the highway with complete straight exhaust on my LP640 (which is for sale now) :)

Some small acceleration around 30seconds.