Underground Racing's TX2K17 event VIDEO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all in the tweak 😂😂

More like it's all in Stacey's pro as F driving! Holy cow I didn't know he ran 198.

Can't be that much more, 1750 at the most because the turbos he's using can only make so much, and also the green gtr wasn't making 2000whp either, more like 1500whp

lmfao

That was Micah's UR 2R+ manual 6 speed. He's a good driver!

My Bad Micah amazing driving!

I keep watching the video over and over and over and over..... LOL :)

Few comments:

1. The qualifying MPH is 100000% indicative of what power these cars are making. EVERY car has to start at 65 mph or LESS and they all start at the exact same spot. That is how we ladder the cars into the classes.

2. During testing there aren't the same controls. Basically our light guy triggers green every time during testing. We encourage the drivers to match up as if it was eliminations but we trigger green regardless. The intent here is to train the drivers to GO ON GREEN.

3. During eliminations, our light guy triggers green when he sees the two cars "paired up". He does his best to look for sling shots, to look for cars that aren't pacing correctly, speeding up at the end, slowing down at the end, etc.....but it's NOT a perfect science. That's why we tell the left lane, set the pace and go on green, don't worry about the car in the right lane. The right lane we tell the same thing to EXCEPT we also tell the right lane to keep up with the left lane. Our light guy is damn good but he is NOT perfect. As you can imagine, triggering the light green can happen anywhere in that 350 ft. pacing zone.

Lastly, wowwwwwwww, what an event.....had sooooooooo many badass cars there this year!

All event results are up here, and we also have last years results up too:

http://tx2k.com/tx2k17/

Peter

I keep watching the video over and over and over and over..... LOL :)

Few comments:

1. The qualifying MPH is 100000% indicative of what power these cars are making. EVERY car has to start at 65 mph or LESS and they all start at the exact same spot. That is how we ladder the cars into the classes.

2. During testing there aren't the same controls. Basically our light guy triggers green every time during testing. We encourage the drivers to match up as if it was eliminations but we trigger green regardless. The intent here is to train the drivers to GO ON GREEN.

3. During eliminations, our light guy triggers green when he sees the two cars "paired up". He does his best to look for sling shots, to look for cars that aren't pacing correctly, speeding up at the end, slowing down at the end, etc.....but it's NOT a perfect science. That's why we tell the left lane, set the pace and go on green, don't worry about the car in the right lane. The right lane we tell the same thing to EXCEPT we also tell the right lane to keep up with the left lane. Our light guy is damn good but he is NOT perfect. As you can imagine, triggering the light green can happen anywhere in that 350 ft. pacing zone.

Lastly, wowwwwwwww, what an event.....had sooooooooo many badass cars there this year!

All event results are up here, and we also have last years results up too:

http://tx2k.com/tx2k17/

Peter

Peter, had a few questions about this as i'm getting interested in roll racing after attending 2K (which was killer, i'm glad I was convinced into going).

1. How is the 65mph or less verified? Is there a radar gun / sensors to determine speed at that 'exact spot' (which i'm assuming is near the light).

2. This applies to all roll race events, but as this type of racing grows, couldn't some type of sensor system be setup up to eliminate the human factor? In drag racing there seems very little argument at the end of the race, it's all timed and verifiable. With roll racing, I sometimes read about unfair starts, uneven speeds, sling-shoting, the light guy messing up, etc, etc... If you had multiple sensors set up in the staging zone to measure speeds, distance between two cars, an algorithm could be used to determine a go/no-go condition. It could also determine which driver was at fault for not staging properly, and eliminate a lot of the bs. Is this possible or am I missing something in terms of the process?

Peter, had a few questions about this as i'm getting interested in roll racing after attending 2K (which was killer, i'm glad I was convinced into going).

1. How is the 65mph or less verified? Is there a radar gun / sensors to determine speed at that 'exact spot' (which i'm assuming is near the light).

2. This applies to all roll race events, but as this type of racing grows, couldn't some type of sensor system be setup up to eliminate the human factor? In drag racing there seems very little argument at the end of the race, it's all timed and verifiable. With roll racing, I sometimes read about unfair starts, uneven speeds, sling-shoting, the light guy messing up, etc, etc... If you had multiple sensors set up in the staging zone to measure speeds, distance between two cars, an algorithm could be used to determine a go/no-go condition. It could also determine which driver was at fault for not staging properly, and eliminate a lot of the bs. Is this possible or am I missing something in terms of the process?

In case peter doesn't make it back for a bit I, the start speed is checked with a radar gun.

As far as all that start stuff, its only going to be so good no matter what you do, its simulated street roll racing. ;(

Good questions, Kevin basically answered but let me show you a picture of the actual process, the green flag is the set start line of the qualifying, all cars must be 65 mph or less at that start line. Having said that the system is NOT perfect, but it works...we actually had a fully computerized starting system in 2015 (provided by Race America) and it was so damn perfect that it was too good. We had 30-40 restarts during eliminations and didn't have the ability to let the drivers know that the start was false and that they had to come back around to re-run. We've now tied the compulink timing system and daktronics board into our roll race event, we use the radar gun for qualifying only,and the way the event goes off is as smooth as we can possibly make it. Is it perfect? No, is it as good as it can possibly be? Yea, I think so.

91BDE1AB-4588-4BF6-957E-152347AC9BFD_zps

• 2 weeks later...
Bens car only makes 1700whp and ran over 200 mph in aprox 1500 feet from 65mph and stayed close to a car making 2200+Whp that is much lighter and shifts just about as fast? Hmm

I promise you, on a dynojet, Bens car is making much more than 1700whp.:)

Well, I can PROMISE you, the car made 1656whp on a mainline dyno. The car runs 67mm turbos, so what do you think those are capable of?

lmfao

x2

Well, I can PROMISE you, the car made 1656whp on a mainline dyno. The car runs 67mm turbos, so what do you think those are capable of?

x2

So in the same distance at TI, Tony's T1 shop car GTR ran 210 mph with 2500 whp. So Tony's gutted shop car with 80+MM turbos is only worth 8 mph more over some 67mm turbos on a full weight GTR? Pretty amazing how good those 67's work or maybe something isn't adding up, no?

So in the same distance at TI, Tony's T1 shop car GTR ran 210 mph with 2500 whp. So Tony's gutted shop car with 80+MM turbos is only worth 8 mph more over some 67mm turbos on a full weight GTR? Pretty amazing how good those 67's work or maybe something isn't adding up, no?

Just want to clear this up. First and foremost, congrats on the win! You guys brought out a handful of fast fcuking cars. That Huracan is ridiculous!

Ben's car does not make anywhere close to 2,000whp. The last time it was on our dyno it made 1,656. It was probably up a little from that at 2K, but not much. It went 179mph in the quarter at 2K, for what its worth. There is no secret shit going on, that isn't how we conduct ourselves. What you see is what you get.

You can't compare two runs between 2K and Ti as if its apples to applies. The start speeds and total run distances are not going to be the same, and will obviously play a huge role. On top of that, 2K was on a prepped surface which allows the power to be brought in much sooner than at Ti. Ben's car is fast for a 67 (A16 turbo kit) car, no doubt about it. Before this 3.8 aluminum rod motor went in it went 221mph in the 1/2 last November.

You guys don't need to inflate the numbers to make yourselves feel better, your product sells itself.

Just want to clear this up. First and foremost, congrats on the win! You guys brought out a handful of fast fcuking cars. That Huracan is ridiculous!

Ben's car does not make anywhere close to 2,000whp. The last time it was on our dyno it made 1,656. It was probably up a little from that at 2K, but not much. It went 179mph in the quarter at 2K, for what its worth. There is no secret shit going on, that isn't how we conduct ourselves. What you see is what you get.

You can't compare two runs between 2K and Ti as if its apples to applies. The start speeds and total run distances are not going to be the same, and will obviously play a huge role. On top of that, 2K was on a prepped surface which allows the power to be brought in much sooner than at Ti. Ben's car is fast for a 67 (A16 turbo kit) car, no doubt about it. Before this 3.8 aluminum rod motor went in it went 221mph in the 1/2 last November.

You guys don't need to inflate the numbers to make yourselves feel better, your product sells itself.

Thanks man. Not trying to inflate any numbers that's for sure. The Huracan ran the same speed at tx2k as it did at TI, 217 (Yellow UR car was the only one from TI with NO adjustments or mods). The start speed was near the same, if not slower at tx2k, distance we checked and was just about the same + or - a bit depending on where we got the green. 67mm turbos (no spray) getting anywhere near 200 sounds pretty crazy to me. Never said it wasn't possible, just doesn't add up (to me). T1 Tony had posted himself on what kind of power it takes to get to 200 at TI (aprox 2000whp) which run to run can change slightly depending on when the green is triggered.

Either way, it is what it is, not worth arguing about that's for sure.

Thanks man. Not trying to inflate any numbers that's for sure. The Huracan ran the same speed at tx2k as it did at TI, 217 (Yellow UR car was the only one from TI with NO adjustments or mods). The start speed was near the same, if not slower at tx2k, distance we checked and was just about the same + or - a bit depending on where we got the green. 67mm turbos (no spray) getting anywhere near 200 sounds pretty crazy to me. Never said it wasn't possible, just doesn't add up (to me). T1 Tony had posted himself on what kind of power it takes to get to 200 at TI (aprox 2000whp) which run to run can change slightly depending on when the green is triggered.

Either way, it is what it is, not worth arguing about that's for sure.

All good, just want the facts out there. Surprisingly, no nitrous has graced a single car since I have been here. I think Tony is getting the itch on the shop car though!

All good, just want the facts out there. Surprisingly, no nitrous has graced a single car since I have been here. I think Tony is getting the itch on the shop car though!

Nice! I would love to try nitrous on that yellow car as well but I don't think we will ever need to go there. As of late, they have been very reliable at these race events at big power levels. (knock on wood)

So let me get this straight... Precision 80mm turbos + VP-Import + Nitrous = slower than UR? Am I hearing that correctly?