My new lift

Roman

That is an awesome setup.

Lifts scare the hell out of me. I just saw a two-post lift for sale on a local FB yard sale page. I'd be terrified to have that in my garage. Four-post looks less concerning- but no anchors? Yikes.

My chassis is currently on a rotisserie, held on by 4 grade 8.8 M8 bolts at the rear, each of which has about 90ksi yield. I estimate the chassis at 7-800lbs and I still cringe when I turn it, crawl under it.. lol.

It was so much easier to crawl under cars when i was 18 yrs old.

I wouldn't do a 2 post either, the slab in your garage isn't up to it, but that is a whole different animal.

With Romans lift, the corner posts are massive channels with internal sliders/guides, and positive fail safe ratcheting locks. For the legs to fall/bend it would most likely require a shear failure of some massive A36 members.

If there was an H1 hummer on that lift and the garage was collapsing, I would take cover under the lift without hesitation.

As an engineer we worry about everything, but he's more likely to have a colony of beavers on PED's chew through a corner post than this thing is to suffer a fatigue failure.

:iamwithstupid:

Ask Fortis about some of the stuff he needs his SE to do for him that's way out of bound. I'm waiting for him to do a cantilevered span parking space for the dramatic effect. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

I have had a 2 post lift for quite some time. The slab in my second garage was poured thick for that purpose.

The 2 post can make it easier to work on the car. Especially anything to do with wheels, brakes and suspension.

Before anyone comments safety concerns about my gal in the car, there are 4 safety stands rated at 2,000lbs each under the car in conjunction with the safety locks secured on the lift itself. She was helping me bleed my brakes after replacing the rubber lines. Sure, I could have used my vacuum pump but this was more fun.

2_post_lift.jpeg

I can make full restorations easer too. This car is my Dad's

Chassis_removal.jpeg

:iamwithstupid:

Ask Fortis about some of the stuff he needs his SE to do for him that's way out of bound. I'm waiting for him to do a cantilevered span parking space for the dramatic effect. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

My SE came out last week to inspect something for me and said "why are you paying me for if you don't listen to me?" I asked him what was wrong, he asked me why I increased the thickness of a section by almost 50%, I said it didn't look strong enough to me :lol2: he just shook his head and walked away.

On the lift, there is no way that will happen I am way too lazy for that, I'd never install a lift, take bottom car out, park it, lower lift, take top car out, park it, drive bottom car in, place it on the lift, raise lift, drive away in top car, that sounds like a logistical nightmare equivalent with having a root canal every time I'd have to go through that procedure.

The answer for me will always be, limit the cars I own, buy a bigger place to build a larger garage if possible or dig a basement if possible, I know some members here live in certain locations where most of the above is impossible and they have to do lifts, all I am saying is that they are in no way shape or form as lazy as I am when it comes to this and I take my hat off to them :icon_mrgreen: