Stephan Winkelmann Leaves Audi Sport To Head Bugatti

sl55

Winklenuts is all about one thing-pussy.

You'll see more girls in the new Bug marketing than ever, wait!!! They never used girls to sell cars. Well theyh will now. LOL

Gonna be interesting.

What happened with Balboni wasn't cool.

When you come into a new role there are bits and pieces likes processes and contracts that your predecessor put into place. They could limit future growth and plans and you have to assess the performance before introducing new function. That is just around the factory and staff before you look at products e.g. Urus etc. You don't come in as new boss and accept every protocol in place. You have to lift up the skirt and see what is under there.

As I said with the long product cycles it could be awhile before fruits of his labour are displayed.

VCR story relating to Balboni is proof that things go on and we are not aware of and there are bound to be other stories under the numerous rocks.

Not sure if you guys are aware of this: there is a side effect with W's ways. There can only be ONE Mr. Lamborghini and consequently Balboni and the few "elders" of the original Automobili Lamborghini didn't quite get along with W as he more or less barred or minimized their involvements in sanctioned Lambo events that applied all the way down to the dealers'. D had since relaxed that and had done a good job restoring the ties. I think D deserves some credit on that.

While I think it's important to pay respect (like the Balboni Edition Gallardo), I also see the other side of the coin, where for Winkleman it's his company that he needs to grow, objectives to hit and he has folks to answer too, so it has to be his way and if you aren't in line you have to site on the sidelines. I can sympathize with that because having run my own companies you gotta make tough calls and if someone internally is in the way you have to be a leader and lead, and say what you will, it worked as Lamborghini under the helm of Winkleman went from a company always in finical trouble and changing owners every year to a strong market leader that is showing profits and growth. Balboni and some of the elders are important to the culture and history of the brand...but they also aren't the ones that had the job of pulling the company out of the finical nose-dive and into the skies of profitability. That was Winkleman's job and he did it well. I'm glad that Domenicali has restored those ties, they are important to the brand and he does deserve credit.