Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review

Lambofan35

My 17 r8 plus was 3613lbs with 3/4 tank of gas when I took it to the drag strip.

These cars are not light as they claim from the factory.

After removing the OEM seats for carbon fiber seats, adding a OEM Lamborghini fire extinguisher, all the oem tools and tire pump, put some new tires on, recorner balanced the car with a little height adjustment, 3/4 tank of gas

I’m at 3650lbs. Really good balance 50/50 corner balance with the UGR TT kit In the rear and water tank up front.

AF0067C0_F4CA_436B_BB70_BD923682A9D1.jpeg

06011B3C_9649_4512_8DFA_C846F3092F5B.jpeg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It went 10.8 at 128 in pretty high DA.

That is wild. You would think these cars would weigh less than the LP.

Anyone weigh a performante yet?

Closed Road Course Roll Racing- Small event and 1/4 mile testing

On 93 octane, pump gas, its 3.8 seconds for 60-130mph all day long, no fuss, no brake boost, just gas it and hold on! Nothing is doing this like this car. The 100-150mph is fast to, I think around 3.2 seconds.

On 109 octane with setting 3 out of 4, it was pulling 3.4seconds 60-130mph when it was sunny out without traction issues much, maybe a little faster with hot weather. With traction issues it was doing 3.6seconds 60mph-130mph. No one would really know it wasn't perfect unless you drive around with a VBOX like my crazy butt does. I was on OEM tires up front BTW which are some Pirelli Pzero Nero...not the Coras...not the Trofeo R, just the hard OEM ones, lol. I'll be putting the Pirelli Trofeo R's on it soon. The rear tires are R888R and are great. The 100-150mph was 3.1 seconds which may have some more room to improve on with the same power.

1st pass- Pump gas tune and boost, No launch, smash gas, unknown 60 ft, 2.9 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.8 seconds, 9.6 1/4 time at 163.2mph

2nd pass- 109 setting 3 of 4, same as GTR race earlier, no launch, 2.0 60 ft, 2.8 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.6 seconds (spinning for sure), same 9.6 1/4 time at 169.5mph

This car will go 8 seconds on PUMP gas with a good launch. This car will go deeper in the 8's on setting 3, no idea how deep in the 8's on setting 4 as I've never driven it on that.

Underground Racing stage 3+ Race heads, all the billet clutch upgrades, and some other little tweaks, call Kevin at UGR for specifics. This is the best street car package if you ask me!

Awesome cool data.

If you want some comparison data to look at from a evil competitor here is some of my GTR's.

Dynojet 1130whp boost logic 1100 kit. Full weight car. I believe 3880 53% front 47% rear. Which

shows why mid engine is so potent with traction over a GTR.

Kill map 35psi e70

60 foot 1.70

0-60 2.50

1/8 6.37 @ 128.58mph

1/4 no time i lifted before :(

60-130 3.93

100-150 3.78

Pump gas map 19psi dyno 805whp

60 foot 1.71

0-60 2.50

1/8 6.50 @ 117.55mph

1/4 9.88 @ 146.60mph

60-130 5.28

100-150 5.37

I would love to run pump gas vs a 720s i think it would be super close.

After I did the 1/4 on pump gas I gave a friend a ride who weighs 255 pounds and redid a 1/4.

Car went from 9.88 @146.60mph to 10.00@143mph. All times are on the street via vbox with R888 tires.

These cars are not light as they claim from the factory.

After removing the OEM seats for carbon fiber seats, adding a OEM Lamborghini fire extinguisher, all the oem tools and tire pump, put some new tires on, recorner balanced the car with a little height adjustment, 3/4 tank of gas

I’m at 3650lbs. Really good balance 50/50 corner balance with the UGR TT kit In the rear and water tank up front.

AF0067C0_F4CA_436B_BB70_BD923682A9D1.jpeg

06011B3C_9649_4512_8DFA_C846F3092F5B.jpeg

Imagine if that thing weighed around 3,200.....

I want to turbo my r8 so bad but I am thinking of getting a Huracan P and doing it. Just not sure if the Huracan P is worth double the price basically of my r8.

Your car is sick man! Amazing write up!

I want to turbo my r8 so bad but I am thinking of getting a Huracan P and doing it. Just not sure if the Huracan P is worth double the price basically of my r8.

or wait for the new R8 GT B)

Thanks bud! I was just comparing some of your old vbox graphs this weekend to this one. Your old LP had some serious and was crazy fast. Then I see the shift times and realize thats how these newer DCT cars are so much fast with less power.

I'm trying to understand how much difference there is now with the AWD of the old vs new. I'm not sure yet but I know that some of the older cars had some serious traction mods to make them work with big power.

We are still far away from seeing the potential with the Huracan/R8 DCT in the 1/4 mile. In the 1/2 mile, we know its a rocket but I think 2018 will show more at slower speeds as everyone is getting to intense power levels.

I can't imagine the performante being much lighter honestly. There isn't much difference between the 2 cars. The rear hatch might be a little lighter or maybe similar weight but nothing significant. With a TT huracan, only thing to drop weight is battery and seats.

Thanks bud! I was just comparing some of your old vbox graphs this weekend to this one. Your old LP had some serious and was crazy fast. Then I see the shift times and realize thats how these newer DCT cars are so much fast with less power.

I'm trying to understand how much difference there is now with the AWD of the old vs new. I'm not sure yet but I know that some of the older cars had some serious traction mods to make them work with big power.

We are still far away from seeing the potential with the Huracan/R8 DCT in the 1/4 mile. In the 1/2 mile, we know its a rocket but I think 2018 will show more at slower speeds as everyone is getting to intense power levels.

I can't imagine the performante being much lighter honestly. There isn't much difference between the 2 cars. The rear hatch might be a little lighter or maybe similar weight but nothing significant. With a TT huracan, only thing to drop weight is battery and seats.

Yeah the shifts on the E gear were not quick. It took a lot of time to regain momentum after a shift! The bigger the turbos the longer it took to regain momentum on the shifts.

The new awd drive system and dct is just amazing!

Yeah to me the Huracan P looks like it is less than 100lbs lighter if that. I wonder if lambo will come out with a light weight version. I haven't heard of any news for a new R8 Gt either.

Hard to beat the build you have. It is perfect in every way! Will take a beast of a street car to tango with you and even if it can hang with you I bet it spends a lot of its time in the shop.

• 2 months later...

March 2018 update

Went to the track today to watch my buddy from Orlando with his Yellow X package UGR Gallardo do some roll racing.

This badass beautiful UGR car was the 2nd fastest right behind a 7 second GTR in qualifying times. I had to leave but he said he was ready to go to the final round with the juice turned up when they realized a pump was going out so he didn’t push it. The X package cars are so good now!

I’m still enjoying my car a lot, as I call it a really crazy street car. Added some more carbon fiber parts like AC Vents, door handles, center console side piece, Carbon gauge surround. Also got a OEM special order Green stitching Suede Performante Steering wheel which I love. I’m dying for the Performante rear deck and wing but can’t justify it so I got a little RSC carbon rear lip spoiler. I have to reiterate that this UGR setup is nicer than I expected.

58C5945A_72D9_4824_9241_1E09884C245C.jpeg

428F44BC_E485_438F_9705_3CF4DF64F6D4.jpeg

7E5EAAE3_445C_4FAC_99C7_BACC6292CCAA.jpeg

DD34F3C4_D024_433E_A8C7_8CD0E50A9EB9.jpeg

D12ABB9D_CCC8_4A3F_868F_35A4B690A3E4.jpeg

B4078783_4EBA_4D62_BA85_981CA72D0984.jpeg

B25EA5BA_719F_4FE5_BF84_90358B110229.jpeg

FAB4D72C_BA2A_4E32_8E21_65870B065952.jpeg

61CDDE8B_9366_4EE0_B1B1_99706329F494.jpeg

March 2018 update

Went to the track today to watch my buddy from Orlando with his Yellow X package UGR Gallardo do some roll racing.

58C5945A_72D9_4824_9241_1E09884C245C.jpeg

Its a 2R plus which will still move out. You can always tell if its an X by the bigger pipes (4") coming out of the back. ;)

Its a 2R plus which will still move out. You can always tell if its an X by the bigger pipes (4") coming out of the back. ;)

It looks like Drags 965 Huracan has bigger exhaust tips than the other x builds, damn near looks like a 5in exhaust system.

different scale though...

Scales arent like dynos where one reads 100hp less than other.

Any half decent scale should give very very accurate and similar numbers to others.

The fact of scales is that they are right even when numbers dont satisfy. Oddly we never think that scale would be off when it gives better results than expected. :P

Makes sense. I knew He has had this car for a long time now so 2R was the big dog up until recently. Car was setup really well.

Is there any car with bigger than 4” exhaust?

The license plate is 6" tall so....take your guess :eusa_think:

LOL

The X2 has the 83's with the smaller hot-side with a 4.5" exhaust. The X3 have the 83's with the bigger hot-side but its still a 4.5 exhaust exit but they flare the exhaust out and use a bigger pipe after the turbo's for a little less back pressure. We need to do this since we take the exhaust all the way out of the oem pipe exit. If we were to just turn them out and put holes on the rear clip near the turbos, we wouldn't need to go that big on the exhaust pipes.