Ace's Movie Reviewz - Black Panther

Supercar Ace

The more sense they make in a challenging setting, the greater the illusion and the higher the praise.

If anyone needs and example of this then watch The Dark Knight. You're welcome.

Damn I really want to watch this movie, is it good or not? LOL

Its fun and worth checking out :icon_thumleft:

Short answer, nope.

Long answer, nope, the goal of comics is not to avoid making perfect sense. The goal is to communicate messages through story telling in a novel setting to attract your interest. Film and comics are art forms like any other, up for critique and a reflection of the artist's take on reality. It needs to make sense in more ways than it doesn't in order for us to be entertained. The more sense they make in a challenging setting, the greater the illusion and the higher the praise.

Well in my opinion though, the majority of it does make sense based on the fictional reality it is set in. You were nitpicking stuff about Kilmonger and his SEAL behaviours (or not) but 99.9% of the people that are watching the movie have no idea what the mindset of someone who has been trained to be like him would really be anyway. I'm just saying that maybe the nitpicking on the details went a little too far considering the overall context and general audience of the movie.

I don't care about politics as long as it is entertaining.

Yup, like I mentioned in my initial review if you find Marvel movies entertaining then you'll def find this one to be entertaining as well.

Well in my opinion though, the majority of it does make sense based on the fictional reality it is set in. You were nitpicking stuff about Kilmonger and his SEAL behaviours (or not) but 99.9% of the people that are watching the movie have no idea what the mindset of someone who has been trained to be like him would really be anyway. I'm just saying that maybe the nitpicking on the details went a little too far considering the overall context and general audience of the movie.

Your first post just said things weren't supposed to make sense and now you say they do. I tried to address your first post.

Picking on Killlmonger wasn't to say movie goers need to change or that they would have a reason to understand his background. Film makers need to stop relying on the Navy SEAL = automatic badass crutch. The fact that they leaned on it so heavily as character development (he's a badass) and as a plot tool (he's somehow been trained & experienced in regime change, lol, aka liberal Hollywood writer's logic) degraded the illusion and looked amateurish. Any detail that pops out at a glance and pulls you out of disbelief is a filmmaking error up for critique. Since I've seen this villian-credibility error in other Marvel flicks, it's worth mentioning. If most movie goers don't care, that's fine (although errors are cumulative), but it still means that 1) bullshit gets perpetuated, 2) the filmmakers were lazy, and 3) the film falls short of greatness due to lack of attention to detail when a simple fix would have prevented it. To be fair, a lot of these Marvel films have huge military technical advising shortcomings that they'd be smart to prevent, but this one is such an old tired one that it's pathetic. It wasn't my biggest problem with the movie, but getting the bad guy perfect says a lot about a film. I just wanted him to lose because I was sick of him. I should want him to lose because I want good to triumph over evil.

Your first post just said things weren't supposed to make sense and now you say they do. I tried to address your first post.

Picking on Killlmonger wasn't to say movie goers need to change or that they would have a reason to understand his background. Film makers need to stop relying on the Navy SEAL = automatic badass crutch. The fact that they leaned on it so heavily as character development (he's a badass) and as a plot tool (he's somehow been trained & experienced in regime change, lol, aka liberal Hollywood writer's logic) degraded the illusion and looked amateurish. Any detail that pops out at a glance and pulls you out of disbelief is a filmmaking error up for critique. Since I've seen this villian-credibility error in other Marvel flicks, it's worth mentioning. If most movie goers don't care, that's fine (although errors are cumulative), but it still means that 1) bullshit gets perpetuated, 2) the filmmakers were lazy, and 3) the film falls short of greatness due to lack of attention to detail when a simple fix would have prevented it. To be fair, a lot of these Marvel films have huge military technical advising shortcomings that they'd be smart to prevent, but this one is such an old tired one that it's pathetic. It wasn't my biggest problem with the movie, but getting the bad guy perfect says a lot about a film. I just wanted him to lose because I was sick of him. I should want him to lose because I want good to triumph over evil.

15 years ago I don't think the average person knew what a SEAL was, now it's shoved down our throats every way possible.

Insufferable, agree.