Jump to content
Old Guy Garage

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Brake Job, SAVE 12K!

Recommended Posts

That title is pretty misleading, and certainly didn't require a video; is the purpose just to get Youtube click revenue?  One sentence would suffice:

Quote

If your rotors need machining, and your Lamborghini dealer suggests they need to do an entire rotor replacement, have them machined at a local auto shop as that will cost $12k less than an unnecessary rotor and pad replacement.

I have no idea why anyone would ever get into such a situation to begin with, unless there are unscrupulous Lamborghini dealers out there telling naive customers they need a full rotor/pad replacement when machining would have been sufficient, and if that's the case, please call out those dealers.  I believe carbon ceramic rotors can't be machined, so no reason to even mention those.

If you actually need a rotor replacement, then the way to save money up front and long term would be to do it yourself and use an excellent aftermarket two piece product like Girodisc, as then you can not only send them back for machining, but they can also replace the rotor independently of the hat as needed, saving you even more.  They're also not pointlessly drilled, providing even better longevity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tpamurci said:

That title is pretty misleading, and certainly didn't require a video; is the purpose just to get Youtube click revenue?  One sentence would suffice:

I have no idea why anyone would ever get into such a situation to begin with, unless there are unscrupulous Lamborghini dealers out there telling naive customers they need a full rotor/pad replacement when machining would have been sufficient, and if that's the case, please call out those dealers.  I believe carbon ceramic rotors can't be machined, so no reason to even mention those.

If you actually need a rotor replacement, then the way to save money up front and long term would be to do it yourself and use an excellent aftermarket two piece product like Girodisc, as then you can not only send them back for machining, but they can also replace the rotor independently of the hat as needed, saving you even more.  They're also not pointlessly drilled, providing even better longevity. 

Glad you enjoyed it. As a note I am not monetized on youtube and make NOTHING from any video I post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Guy Garage said:

Glad you enjoyed it. As a note I am not monetized on youtube and make NOTHING from any video I post.

Is that really the whole story? Don't you promote products on YouTube that earn you money? Things like...spot free rinse thingies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stimpy said:

Is that really the whole story? Don't you promote products on YouTube that earn you money? Things like...spot free rinse thingies...

I do have the nospotspro.com, yes and thatblackstuff.com.  However these Lambo vids make me nothing and I do them because I like to share my journey. In the last one, I mentioned O'reilly's Auto parts, nothing there, and Hawk Pads, nothing there, just who I used and bought parts from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, Old Guy Garage said:

I do have the nospotspro.com, yes and thatblackstuff.com.  However these Lambo vids make me nothing and I do them because I like to share my journey. In the last one, I mentioned O'reilly's Auto parts, nothing there, and Hawk Pads, nothing there, just who I used and bought parts from.

I enjoy your DIY videos. For other enthusiastic amateurs they shine a light on the possible. Identifying potential products is a plus for me.

I am ambivalent if you do or don't make a few quid through product promotion.

This member appreciates your efforts. Keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...