BMW M2 CS Coupe

Destructo

P90374188-highRes.jpg

I've always been a bit of a BMW fan boy, despite some of the more off-putting characteristics of the brand. 

However, this small little sprite of an M2 CS looks to be like a riot! I am aware it's a bit of old news, but I want to keep pushing stuff on the site that might interest everyone, even if it's not breaking news.

I was able to take a performance driving school with BMW and had seat time in the 1M, and it was an awesome and capable car. If this is nearly as good, it would be a fun car to have in the stable! 

Anyone thinking of signing up for one of these?

Photos below the press release

-- Press Release --

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 5, 2019…Today, BMW M GmbH is proud to announce the next step in the evolution of the BMW M2, the M2 CS. The new high-performance coupe blends racetrack optimization with everyday usability to create the most capable version of M’s smallest model. Power and torque are rated at 444 hp and 406 lb-ft (preliminary), an increase of 39 hp over the M2 Competition. Newly available, select CFRP body panels and components help reduce weight, lower the center of gravity and improve aerodynamics. Exclusive Carbon Fiber and Alcantara interior trim help set this M2 apart from all previous versions.

P90374188-highRes.jpg

P90374195-highRes.jpg

P90374230-highRes.jpg

P90374232-highRes.jpg

P90374220-highRes.jpg

P90374217-highRes.jpg

P90374181-highRes.jpg

P90374193-highRes.jpg

P90374183-highRes.jpg

P90374237-highRes.jpgP90374247-highRes.jpgP90374241-highRes.jpg

P90374200-highRes.jpg

P90374207-highRes.jpg

P90374194-highRes.jpg

P90374196-highRes.jpg

P90374180-highRes.jpg

P90374182-highRes.jpg

P90374210-highRes.jpg

P90374202-highRes.jpg

P90374213-highRes.jpg

P90374199-highRes.jpg

P90374201-highRes.jpg

P90374198-highRes.jpg

P90374214-highRes.jpg

P90374215-highRes.jpg

Probably the closest thing to the original e30 M3.  I am in love.

8 hours ago, Destructo said:

Sounds like a new acquisition for the channel! ;) 

ssshhhhhhhh! :D

The 2 series is a remarkably good car. I had a lowly 228i as loaner for a week and was blown away by how fun it was. It's tiny and only double amputees can fit in the back.  I didn't want to give it back.

Normal M2 is really a letdown in top end, well maybe almost every oem turbo car is honestly. But I saw one today in this exact color (although it looked much different without the obvious tint of the photos.) Had also some extra canards on front bumper but looked surely smart. Clean lined car from BMW for once and I have heard it is true drivers car.

20 hours ago, rmtn said:

Normal M2 is really a letdown in top end, well maybe almost every oem turbo car is honestly. But I saw one today in this exact color (although it looked much different without the obvious tint of the photos.) Had also some extra canards on front bumper but looked surely smart. Clean lined car from BMW for once and I have heard it is true drivers car.

Depends on what your threshold is for enjoyable? I've driven plenty of OEM turbo cars, and while they aren't barn burners, there was some fun in it.

Oddly enough, I found when the 2012 Hyundai Sonata turbo came out, while it wasn't fast, it was definitely quick and fun for a commuter car.

I'm sure the M2 has it's own let downs, but an upgraded one would probably lift the threshold a little higher. Would be a lot of fun to compare the two on track.